Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

9/11

Read 11693 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: 9/11
      Reply #75: Sep 11, 2010 11:36:20 am
      RIP to all of those who died on that awful day.

YNWA.
      RKKay
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #76: Sep 11, 2010 02:46:39 pm
      We will never forget.  RIP
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #77: Sep 11, 2010 03:03:18 pm
      ONE DAY NEW YORKERS WILL GET THE TRUTH OF 9/11.

What do you mean?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,466 posts | 364 
      Reply #78: Sep 11, 2010 03:18:46 pm
      R.I.P. to all that were murdered on that tragic day, Y.N.W.A.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #79: Sep 11, 2010 03:50:52 pm
      RIP.

Never forgotten.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #80: Sep 11, 2010 04:02:09 pm
      Hard to believe that I was in primary school when it happened, was so hard at that age to comprehend how some people could carry out an act of such evil and hatred - and it's still hard today.

RIP to all the people who died, and thank you to the entire FDNY who sacrificed their lives to help others.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,246 posts | 339 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #81: Sep 11, 2010 04:32:37 pm
      This is a quote which I found particularly poignant.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.”

Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955) U.S. winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #82: Sep 11, 2010 04:38:26 pm
      This is a quote which I found particularly poignant.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.”

Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955) U.S. winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics

You dont have to be einstien to figure that out.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #83: Sep 11, 2010 05:56:10 pm

Don't know but I certainly don't like the tone of it. Seems like he actually believes the conspiracies. Please - this is not the page Shabs. Disrespectful to the families of all who lost loved ones when we start making points out of memorial pages. That's all I will say.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,491 posts | 2601 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #84: Sep 11, 2010 06:04:54 pm
      I won't forget that day.

Woke up and turned on the TV to watch my before school cartoons and then every channel was just dedicated to this event. I didn't really understand it's impact until they showed actual footage of the planes flying into the WTC's.

That day was just a blur as no one really did anything else other than talk about what happened. Was a truly once in a lifetime event (hopefully only once).

The fallout since has been immense and yet still it touches a nerve to say anything in the slightest bit disrespectful about 9/11 and rightly so.

A tragic day for humanity in which we saw people willing to jump from 100 story + levels in order to escape the madness going on inside the building and the undoubtedly horrible deaths they could of faced had they stayed in the building.

Such a sad day and a moment that no one will forget, along with the people that passed away.

To the filthy, barbaric terrorists who did this - i hope you rot, wither, burn and suffer in whatever afterlife you think you have achieved.

YNWA New Yorkers and Americans as a whole, and the people who have been affected in the aftermath.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,673 posts | 495 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #85: Sep 11, 2010 06:39:41 pm
      Still evokes strong feelings 9 years on
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #86: Sep 11, 2010 07:03:06 pm
      Disrespectful to the families of all who lost loved ones when we start making points out of memorial pages.
      Help Put This Ad On Air - Go to BuildingWhat.org

How can it be disrespectful to the families when families are demanding the truth. Shabs only mentioned truth.

The video above is part of a current campaign called www.buildingwhat.org which will see this advert played to millions in New York this month. The faces you see on the video are family members.

Bob McIlvaine's (front image on video) son Bobby died on this day. I've heard him talk about his son Bobby and it's heartbreaking to hear him struggling to fight back the tears. So no it's not disrespectful to the families but obviously to start conspiracy theories (even the official one) today would be.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,491 posts | 2601 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #87: Sep 11, 2010 07:06:18 pm
      Right now, from this post onwards, anything deemed controversial or disrespectful will be deleted and potentially lead to a ban.

This is a thread to pay respect to the many people who died in the WTC's, Pentagon and Pennsylvania, NOT one to spark debate on poxy theories and conspiracies.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,042 posts | 2596 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #88: Sep 11, 2010 07:32:12 pm
      Rest in peace.

Whatever the "truth" is, nothing justifies the loss of so many lives.

YNWA.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,344 posts | 4191 
      Reply #89: Sep 11, 2010 08:53:39 pm
      1b308c0bf9f1e621437a73c3 2_12487" FlashVars="config=http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/videoConfigXmlCodeHD.php?pg=video_12487_no_0_extsite" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="flvplayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowFullScreen="true" />

The fight for justice goes on for the first responders.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #90: Sep 11, 2010 09:19:49 pm
      Right now, from this post onwards, anything deemed controversial or disrespectful will be deleted and potentially lead to a ban.

This is a thread to pay respect to the many people who died in the WTC's, Pentagon and Pennsylvania, NOT one to spark debate on poxy theories and conspiracies.

edit: hear hear!
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2010 09:28:03 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #91: Sep 11, 2010 09:25:23 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #92: Sep 11, 2010 09:27:22 pm

What was I thinking??! The post has been duly edited!  ;D
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #93: Sep 11, 2010 09:39:46 pm
      Watching Channel 4 now...

It blows my mind that 3,000 people lost there lives and there are still no answers.

I remember this so vividly, I was only 11 years old and had just finished school football match and we won 2-1 but I got in the car and my mum who is from america sat there looking pale and said something bad has happened. I was young and immature so sparked a joke and then she told me what was happening and she rang her family in America and it was horrible.

Worst day of my life until we could get hold of my family in America, they were safe.

LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #94: Sep 11, 2010 10:00:01 pm
      I think I was about 8 or 9 when this happend and I can remember where I was and what I was doing

Very sad and tragic

We can never let this happen again

RIP 9/11 Victims
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,786 posts | 982 
      Reply #95: Sep 11, 2010 10:04:01 pm

Exactly. I asked the same thing earlier before those other posts, but people who like to cause sh*t just can't help themselves.

WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE, SHUT IT. It's not the time, or place.

RIP. In my thoughts a lot today, still can't believe the visions of that day. No matter how many times i see it, it's just too surreal.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #96: Sep 11, 2010 10:21:42 pm
      but people who like to cause sh*t just can't help themselves.

WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE, SHUT IT.
      And can I respectfully request that we avoid aggressiveness on this thread-it's hardly appropriate.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,786 posts | 982 
      Reply #97: Sep 11, 2010 10:43:23 pm
      And can I respectfully request that we avoid aggressiveness on this thread-it's hardly appropriate.

Pfft :roll:

:ontopic:

Watching Channel 4 now...

It blows my mind that 3,000 people lost there lives and there are still no answers.

I remember this so vividly, I was only 11 years old and had just finished school football match and we won 2-1 but I got in the car and my mum who is from america sat there looking pale and said something bad has happened. I was young and immature so sparked a joke and then she told me what was happening and she rang her family in America and it was horrible.

Worst day of my life until we could get hold of my family in America, they were safe.

Glad to hear everything was okay mate, that must have been horrible. I sometimes think about what i would have been like in that situation - i just can't imagine to be honest. It's just horrible.

One of the first things i do when i finally get to New York will be going and paying my respects at the sight.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #98: Sep 11, 2010 10:46:04 pm
      Went to Ground Zero whilst we were in NY in 2002.  Was shocking.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #99: Sep 11, 2010 10:46:58 pm
      I would love to go visit the site where it all happened.

The people who tried to take that flight were heroes and Ms Rice said it too. If they didn't take control and it hit another landmark, America would of gone into exile with every country in the world.

These brave men stopped WW3

Quick Reply