Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool dragged into poaching row

Read 3621 times
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Liverpool dragged into poaching row
      Reply #23: Sep 09, 2009 05:08:31 am
      I don't think the club have anything to answer for regarding who we've signed, straight after the Kakuta case came out a claim was made against Utd and now City. This report doesn't seem to have any weight to it and I'm sure that if there was others clubs who felt aggrieved by our signings they would have made themselves heard by now. The difference between us and the likes of Chelsea and Utd is that we know how to conduct business properly, us and Arsenal have the most foreign youngsters in our academies but has there even been a hint yet that one of those signings was made illegally?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #24: Sep 09, 2009 06:22:40 pm
      No Crewe complaint over 'tap-up'
      The Football League has told BBC Sport no complaint has been received from Crewe Alexandra over an alleged illegal approach to one of their players.

Earlier in the week Crewe director of football Dario Gradi said they had reported an unnamed Premier League club for tapping up one of their youngsters.

Reports suggested it was Liverpool and the player was 15-year-old Max Clayton..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crewe_alexandra/8241607.stm

Could be that the Post Office has lost the Letter. ::) but interesting.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #25: Sep 09, 2009 06:56:11 pm
      So, the player said he wants to move to a big club and we're said to be tapping-up the player?
      It's like when I want to change my highschool and move to a better one but they call my new school tapping-me up.
      It sounds strange to me.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #26: Sep 10, 2009 06:34:59 pm
      It seems to me that this is more an effort by Gradi to keep the player in question,by naming the lad he was hoping to scare the club chasing him away and hope the lad signs another contract at Crewe so when he does eventually leave Crewe get decent money for him
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #27: Sep 10, 2009 08:11:15 pm
      Bulgaria? Crewe?

......  give me that goose.

(Sorry Mods)

Quick Reply