Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jim Beglin

Read 8318 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Jim Beglin
      Sep 09, 2009 09:34:31 pm
      When I was a kid I loved Jim Beglin. I even heard his leg break at Anfield from the other side of the ground.

But tonight I'd just like to say:

F**k off Beglin, you c**t.
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2009 11:01:43 am by Reslivo »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: The Jim Beglin Thread
      Reply #1: Sep 09, 2009 09:52:13 pm
      Is he the commentator on ITV? Absolute knob sh*te he is.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #2: Sep 09, 2009 09:54:20 pm
      Do you not know who Jim Beglin is Ross?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Sep 09, 2009 09:55:28 pm
      Know he used to play for Liverpool but don't know an awful lot about him to be honest.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #4: Sep 09, 2009 09:55:59 pm
      From wikipedia:

Beglin was the last signing made by Liverpool manager Bob Paisley when he joined from Shamrock for £20,000 in May 1983. He was gradually introduced to the first team picture over the next 18 months by Joe Fagan, before being given regular games in the left back slot by Kenny Dalglish as a replacement for Alan Kennedy. He made his debut in the left sided midfield position on 10 November 1984 in the 1-1 league draw with Southampton at Anfield. He scored his first goal for the club 5 months later on 10 April 1985 in the 4-0 European Cup Semi-final 1st leg victory over Greek side Panathinaikos at Anfield. Beglin's 85th minute strike put the tie out of reach for the Greek club. Liverpool won the second leg 1-0 to set up a showdown in the final with Italian giants Juventus at the Heysel Stadium in Belgium. Hooligans rioted before the beginning of the game causing a retaining wall to collapse which killed 39, mainly, Juventus supporters, in what came to be known as the Heysel Stadium Disaster.

Liverpool won the League championship and FA Cup, pipping Merseyside rivals Everton to both, with Beglin picking up medals for each. He also began playing for the Republic of Ireland, picking up the first of 15 caps. Then it all went horribly wrong for Beglin, just seven months after lifting the league and cup double, his leg was badly broken following a mistimed challenge from Everton's Gary Stevens. Liverpool's Bob Paisley said that it was one of the worst leg breaks he had ever seen. Furthermore, Paisley stated that it was one of the worst tackles he had ever seen and was quickly joined by Alan Hansen, who said in an interview that the tackle was "a mile high and an hour late", but Hansen later admitted that he regretted making such comments. Recovering from the break, Beglin sustained a knee cartilage injury playing for Liverpool's reserves in October 1988 which effectively finished his time at Anfield.

(The leg break I mentioned earlier ;))
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #5: Sep 09, 2009 09:57:24 pm
      Why the F**k does he say 'listen' before anything important he says?

What else I am meant to do? Smell what your saying?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #6: Sep 09, 2009 09:57:36 pm
      And since then we've all found out what a manc-loving, Liverpool hating c**t he really is.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Sep 09, 2009 09:59:12 pm
      Why the F**k does he say 'listen' before anything important he says?

What else I am meant to do? Smell what your saying?

:lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #8: Sep 09, 2009 10:53:57 pm
      Lucky not to be filled in on 10th May 1986.

Brucie should of twatted the annoying c**t.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #9: Sep 09, 2009 10:55:13 pm
      If anny one was going to tw*t him, it wouldn't have been annnnny one else other than Brucie Grob-e-ler.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 10, 2009 12:20:01 am
      one annoying co comm...  bad as craig burley
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #11: Sep 10, 2009 02:00:41 am
      Is he really that bad? Actually wait I despise Craig Burley so he must be bad. But ive only ever heard him commentate on Irish TV for Irelands matches and he seems fine then. What so annoying about him when he's commentating on Liverpool?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #12: Sep 10, 2009 02:08:05 am
      Is he really that bad? Actually wait I despise Craig Burley so he must be bad. But ive only ever heard him commentate on Irish TV for Irelands matches and he seems fine then. What so annoying about him when he's commentating on Liverpool?

Because he's one annoying tw*t when he starts talking utter sh*te!
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #13: Sep 10, 2009 02:38:09 am
      Because he's one annoying tw*t when he starts talking utter sh*te!

:laugh: Fair enough!
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 10, 2009 03:11:25 am
      David Pleat is 100% worse. F***ing Benanoun, he can't pronounce any F***ing players name right.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,183 posts | 1631 
      Reply #15: Sep 10, 2009 11:36:41 am
      He does talk a lot of sh*te, hate all ITV commentators because there all F***ing goons, who don't have a clue about football.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #16: Sep 10, 2009 11:50:40 am
      David Pleat is 100% worse. F***ing Benanoun, he can't pronounce any f**king players name right.

I like Pleaty, he makes me laugh, if you look past his constant wrong names he does give his own view on whats going on rtaher than quoting the obvious.

The worst new addition to the pundit arena has to be David Platt on Sky - so f@cking boring and his one tone voice makes me mute the tv when he is on.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #17: Sep 10, 2009 12:42:19 pm
      When I was a kid I loved Jim Beglin. I even heard his leg break at Anfield from the other side of the ground.

But tonight I'd just like to say:

F**k off Beglin, you c**t.
      Dont you mean at Goodison mate, ;)  i was in the Bullens meself and you could hear the break, horrible. Anyway i agree with every thing else, hes turned into a Manc loving anythings great exept Liverpool tw*t.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #18: Sep 10, 2009 03:52:32 pm
      Dont you mean at Goodison mate, ;)  I was in the Bullens meself and you could hear the break, horrible. Anyway I agree with every thing else, hes turned into a Manc loving anythings great exept Liverpool tw*t.

Was it at Goodison? Bloody hell, shows you what time does to your memory! I was defo at that game though. Only been to that dump twice.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #19: Sep 10, 2009 04:59:57 pm
      he is from the same county here in Ireland as me (Waterford) and it is well known that he was a Manc supporter when he was growing up.
      Whereas another Waterford man (John O' Shea) was a Liverpool fan.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #20: Sep 10, 2009 08:00:36 pm
      I wasnt one of Johnson's biggest supporters before he came to Anfield but last night he mad the pass to Lennon that created the penalty crossed over for Fatty to score and scared them to death every time he got forward. How he was solely responsible for the goal beats me when Green and two central defenders panicked and let them get two or three shots away inside the 6 yard box.
      This lad is the closest we have come to replacing Phil Neal and he is quick. Beglin gets right up my nose.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #21: Sep 10, 2009 08:12:07 pm
      I'll let my post from yesterday do the talking about Jim Beglin...

Johnson needs to take more pride in his defensive role? He was just at the tip of England's attack and then when the possession changed, he ended Croatia's attack at the other end. >:(

Jim Beglin is a f*cking w**ker.

Unsure on why he hates us so much now but he is one of the ex player journo's/pundits who have gone full circle over us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Sep 10, 2009 09:38:03 pm
      Jim Beglin can go F**k himself with a cactus for all I care, he's anti Liverpool and a sh*te commentator the mans an arse ffs he doesnt deserve our type.

Quick Reply