Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

West Ham / Millwall troubles.

Read 2450 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      West Ham / Millwall troubles.
      Sep 10, 2009 02:12:14 am
      I was watching news reports about the Hooligan problems at the W/Ham v Millwall match.  It seemed like a lot of the reporters and the typical talking heads that the news always put on were alarmed. But they Interviewed a cop and he said they were "Shocked" by the troubles at the match.. Really. Your shocked that their was violence at a West Ham v Millwall match. 

I live in Atlanta Georgia, USA and I could tell you that their was going to be Issues with that Match. Cmon.."Shocked" . Its West Ham and f***in' MILLWALL!!!! I'm shocked that they didn't have the proper security to avoid it. How could they not know their was going to be a hooligan element at that match. (2) major Hollywood movies had MIllwall v West Ham fight scenes in it. 

I know they did alot to control the Hooligan issues, but you had to know their was going to be fighting at that match.   If that was true. Then the cops are just f***in' dumb and have no clue and thats whats scary for the normal, average fan who just wants to go to a match with his boys and have a good time. I hope thats not a pre-cursor for things to come. Back in the days when Hooliganism was at its worse, it came fairly close to killing football.  I would really hate to see it return. It took a lot for the game and the FA to come out from the whole Hooligan shadow.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: West Ham / Millwall troubles.
      Reply #1: Sep 10, 2009 02:19:23 am
      I watched Green Street just a few days before. It made me looool. If they wanted to fight, they should have done it somewhere private.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #2: Sep 10, 2009 12:58:51 pm
      F***ing Morons the lot of them. You know, most of them are grown men who are still living in the 80s and have no love for the game. Our club has been wrongly accused of hooligan behaviour after Heysel, i was there and thats another issue, but these are true idiots and like you said , the authorities are just as bad. Anyone with a shred of knowledge about football knew there was going to be trouble.
      Little Mac
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #3: Sep 10, 2009 02:05:09 pm
      Why was the police shocked? It was too obviously that both fan groups would make trouble. Even I know it and I live in Berlin, Germany.

I have watched both movies, Green Street and The Football Factory and I think Football Factory is much better than Green Street.

bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #4: Sep 10, 2009 05:46:14 pm
      It will always happen when these two teams meet but it just gives genuine football supporters a bad name,if they want to fight take it away from the ground or do it on a different day but do not do when there are innocent fans around who just want to watch their team play.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #5: Sep 10, 2009 06:09:14 pm
      I remember watching a tape which had a Celtic v Rangers cup final and their was some major sh*t going on after the match. They showed a picture of this guy and what looked like his son. The kid was no more than 8 years old. Him and his dad were sitting inside the net from the goal for protection. I just felt so bad for that kid and his dad. The kid was was scared out of his f***in' head and these asshole thugs were throwing sh*t at them and yelling. They had cops around the goal covering people.  It was just mindless.
      Teenage Mutant Ninja SKRTEL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #6: Sep 10, 2009 07:34:37 pm

I understand the scenes at the west ham game were pretty bad but to say it sent shockwaves around the world that the hooligans of old are back was a bit over the top surely!!

how come england has one incident like this and other places such as Roma were it happens quite alot are not treated in the same way?
      Redders
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #7: Sep 11, 2009 12:25:32 am
      I understand the scenes at the west ham game were pretty bad but to say it sent shockwaves around the world that the hooligans of old are back was a bit over the top surely!!

how come england has one incident like this and other places such as Roma were it happens quite alot are not treated in the same way?

Agreed. It'll probably finish any chance of the World Cup in 2018 which is ironic really seeing as West Ham are the biggest Ingurland supporters going.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #8: Sep 11, 2009 05:24:58 pm
      My buddy was at the Cup in Germany and he was actually hanging out at a Pub with a bunch of England supporters and he said a lot of Issues their were the Germans attacking the English supporters straight up. He was involved in a riot at a beer garden which was started by German supporters.

He told me "If you ever plan on fighting a bunch of German Guys, make sure some England fans are around to help out"
      Redders
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 12, 2009 01:13:13 am
      My buddy was at the Cup in Germany and he was actually hanging out at a Pub with a bunch of England supporters and he said a lot of Issues their were the Germans attacking the English supporters straight up. He was involved in a riot at a beer garden which was started by German supporters.

He told me "If you ever plan on fighting a bunch of German Guys, make sure some England fans are around to help out"

Yea, can believe it. Went to a non leage game in Leipzig a few years ago, not for the football so much but a few mates were going so I thought why not.  Jesus, we got chased all over the city by proper Aryan Nazis, it can be like that round that area of Germany apparently. Scary stuff tbh.
      Little Mac
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #10: Sep 12, 2009 05:27:40 am

Yea, can believe it. Went to a non leage game in Leipzig a few years ago, not for the football so much but a few mates were going so I thought why not.  Jesus, we got chased all over the city by proper Aryan Nazis, it can be like that round that area of Germany apparently. Scary stuff tbh.

You have to come to Leipzig if the two local clubs play each other. You have football riots on the terraces. But it is not only a problem in eastern Germany, you also have riots in western Germany.

Quick Reply