Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Summer Transfer thread: In's and Out's?

Read 38215 times
      Redfish
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Re: Summer Transfer thread: In's and Out's?
      Reply #253: Jun 24, 2007 08:18:55 pm
      I think the restraint shown so far shows our targets were clearly identified before the merrygoround started.Torres seems to have been number 1,Eto was never going to leave Barca,Henry leaving probably means we will pay the asking price.Malouda is at a club known for being difficult with tranfers.I'm surprised at the lack of defensive targets being mentioned. We need another CB any suggestions anyone? Defoe with Torres would look good.SWP from Chelsea?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #254: Jun 24, 2007 09:03:02 pm
      alright people! how about getting shot of sissoko, my granny can pass better. it would free up some cash for torres. how much would u pay for defoe?
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • Everywhere leads to somewhere
      Reply #255: Jun 26, 2007 01:24:33 pm
      IMO, not sure defoe is good enough. To me he looks like a poor version of owen. If he was that good would he have not displaced owen in the england team. If we have to go for a player like defoe, may as well just bring back owen, Imo.
      sonny
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #256: Jun 27, 2007 12:41:46 pm
      Just read on fox news and some other sites that the only sticking point in Torres's transfer is the 10% (2.5m) he is owed when he leaves, att madrid says its lfc's prob and vics versa  ???, who do you think should pay  :-\
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #257: Jun 27, 2007 12:57:32 pm
      huntelaar is quality 22 goals last season and a career total of 127 goals in 181 matches prolific i also like jefferson farfan from psv.

hmmm didnt kuyt/kezman/cisse have prolific records in the home league??

All those in my opinoin are poor and i think Huntelaar could be similer but I do think he looks better than those above!
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2007 02:07:19 pm by priesty10 »
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Reply #258: Jun 27, 2007 04:58:34 pm
      hunletarr is a great player cant belive rafa hasnt spotted him is such a great young talent y wait for torres when you can get someone this good in for cheaper
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #259: Jul 01, 2007 01:26:15 pm
      we need a totally new left winger to place competition on Kewell , who until hes played 20 games and still looking fit is a total gamble.

Then after The fact we are selling Mr crap Gonzalez then we have no first choice left winger / wide men who can actually burn past people and get those deep crosses in.

So make no mistake this is show time for Kewell and Rafa  with Kewell having to give us some much needed width on the flank and being only natural wide men WE HAVE ON THAT LEFT SIDE, we still need x2 players who are good enough( not just squad players, i.e nearly men) GOOD PLAYERS LOOK AT MAN UTD AND THIER WIDTH,, THEY HAVE SOLID OPTIONS...

so adding a Left sided player or a winger who can operate on both wings would be a great bonus. and a must

mancini / kewell         pennant/ simao

camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #260: Jul 02, 2007 12:48:06 am
      hmmm didnt kuyt/kezman/cisse have prolific records in the home league??

All those in my opinoin are poor and I think Huntelaar could be similer but I do think he looks better than those above!
      kuyts been playing a deeper role for us plus i don't think 12 goals in his first season in too bad(drogba scored 12 in his first season at Chelsea) whilst also being rotated and playing with a different strike partner as for cisse i don't think he was given a good enough chance like pongolle and playing with a manage who didn't believe in him.
      JimBo
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #261: Jul 03, 2007 01:06:37 pm
      Alright ladz/ladies

im new here but anyways

iv been reading about what you have had to say about the possible transfers
      torres SHOULD be on merseyside today to complete the move =) and finally garcia has gone..personally i cant stand the bloke

im being realistic now, i dont think we are going to buy another striker infact i dont think we are going to spend much more money at all tbh..

£26.5mill for torres is too much

we need a left winger or a right winger, wouldnt mind seeing simao come into the team on the left hand side and give pennant another year
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #262: Jul 04, 2007 11:57:47 am
      i wouldt mind seeing simao.....but i would love to see quaresma...but theres talks of him going to atletico madrid....
      oldbill1894
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #263: Jul 05, 2007 01:51:56 am
      Can someone tell me what happened to the interest in Simao?
      Malouda seems to have the attitude of a S*n reader.. and probably the mentality!
      Some spanish names who I wont try to spell have cropped up from somewhere but still..... Rafa mentioned in earlier press conference that he was after wingers.... ? BUT WHO?
      Some one help?
      Triple_M
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #264: Jul 06, 2007 02:21:06 pm
      Hi!!

We got Torres, if we get two of the mentioned four players then we are actually going in the right direction.  :-\
      1. Quaresma
      2. Simao
      3. Tevez
      4. Alves

benny
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #265: Jul 06, 2007 09:51:12 pm
      Don't let Tevez go to man utd pls mr benitez. it is a disaster for us!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #266: Jul 08, 2007 12:38:34 pm
      Don't let Tevez go to man utd pls mr benitez. it is a disaster for us!

No it isn't, how will Tevez and Rooney bond together? How will they link up together? Both similar players, the man they needed to parter Shrek was Torres but he's ours to keep!
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #267: Jul 08, 2007 08:47:54 pm

No it isn't, how will Tevez and Rooney bond together? How will they link up together? Both similar players, the man they needed to parter Shrek was Torres but he's ours to keep!

They may well of wanted Torres as there main striker signing but to say that Torres and Rooney could play better togeather than Rooney and Tevez is wrong, all 3 of these players play off the main striker in the whole linking midfield and the forward line, I would go so far as to say Torres and Rooney play pretty much exactly the same other than Torres has pace.
      They all need a goal poacher or a target man to play off and run on to
      jonny d
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #268: Jul 11, 2007 11:02:39 pm
      now that benayoun has signed and babel is just about to i think a right midfielder maybe quaresma should be bought
      and a better striker........kuyt doesnt score enough goals
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #269: Jul 12, 2007 09:39:14 am
      now that benayoun has signed and babel is just about to I think a right midfielder maybe quaresma should be bought
      and a better striker........kuyt doesnt score enough goals

Kuyt doesn't score eniugh goals cause he was playing in the hole last season linking the play and often coming deep to collect the ball, if he plays higher up the pitch this season and Torres plays in the hole Kuyt i'm sure will score bagsfull of goals
      Njadula
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #270: Jul 12, 2007 03:10:46 pm
      I certainly agree, Kuyt spent last season looking for the ball deep in midfield and on the wing. We need our improved midfield to service Kuyt and Torres up front an they will both score goals. The last thing we need is Kuyt playing the "holding striker's role" like he did last season. He was bought to score goals and he is a good finisher especially in the box!

How do you do this quote thing??
      LFC Gary
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #271: Jul 15, 2007 11:41:04 am
      Kuyt doesn't score eniugh goals cause he was playing in the hole last season linking the play and often coming deep to collect the ball, if he plays higher up the pitch this season and Torres plays in the hole Kuyt I'm sure will score bagsfull of goals

Totally agree. Too many people seem to be expecting 30 goals a season or something ridiculous from Torres, it just isn't gonna happen cos Torres will be playing the role Kuyt did last season. Only difference is that it's Torres' natural position & he'll be able to do a better job than Kuyt there, who for all his effort never really looked comfortable in the role.
      crashoverride
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #272: Jul 15, 2007 08:09:40 pm
      Who ist Cisse ist in Liverpool?Sorry but i am new  in this  forum and  didn't  know much English Language i am Albanian and hope so to stay good with you.

I LOVE MUCH LIVERPOOOOOOOOOL IS  CHAMPION IN MY HEART
      mixelo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #273: Jul 24, 2007 12:40:47 pm
      In Rafael Sobis when he finishes his contract with  betis brasillian 22 years very worker like Fred but more faster and Fred it is other who is young and very well.
      http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=MB_YvaS3sGY
      the liverpool is interested in javi garcia young player of real madrid
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #274: Aug 20, 2007 11:41:10 am
      I think Klaas Jan Huntelaar should be a target. Excellent goalscorer, hit four goals against Graafschap Doetinchem. With a record of 41 goals in 49 apps for Ajax, he is awesome, and only 24.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #275: Aug 20, 2007 11:53:51 am
      ^^Oh yes indeed, my favourite player in the world.

Sell Crouch, get Huntelaar.
      Huntelaar/Torres is a perfect striker pairing.

Quick Reply