Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Wasilewski Leg Break

Read 5942 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Wasilewski Leg Break
      Reply #46: Sep 07, 2009 12:24:26 am
      I won't do it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #47: Sep 07, 2009 01:16:45 am
      I think he should be suspended for at least the amount of time that Wasilewski is out 8 games is despicable.

Cracking idea.  Someone who injures someone like that can't play football again until the lad he injures does.  I like that.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #48: Sep 07, 2009 01:24:33 am
      That's probably the worst I've seen since Cisse and Eduardo.

Hopes he recovers well, to actually walk again.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #49: Sep 07, 2009 11:22:10 am
      Ive just seen that on youtube as it had been removed from here and Jesus, i hope im wrong , but that looks like his career could be over. It seems to snap halfway down his shin, its going to take some serious operations to give him any chance. That thug should be banned for life, he did him ..simple as that , he saw him coming and put his full weight into jumping on his shin.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #50: Sep 07, 2009 04:23:10 pm
      10 games ban! It should have been as long as it takes for Wasilewski to recover fully!
      Milan_Marinkovich
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      • Love The Reds whatever happens!!!
      Reply #51: Sep 13, 2009 07:08:51 pm
      When I saw the incident for the first time it was shortly after the match which made me being sick of watching any football for three consecutive days and now, fortnight after, the horror scene of poor Wasyl's leg hanging around is still frozen in my memory. After that first gruesome impression I needed some time to prepare myself psychically to watch it again in order to try to estimate whether the Witsel's tackle was intentional or accidental. To be honest, the camerawork itself is not enough for bringing a final decision but Witsel's reaction immediately after he saw what he had done was incredibly shocking: he didn't show any regret and instead protested over red card at referee even with ironical smile on his face. IMO a normal person would not even think about the red card in such situation! A normal person would demand from his manager to allow him to leave the pitch and go to hospital to follow further course over the injured lad even if he was not shown the red card by referee.

And the attitude of other Standard players was also shameful, with exception of my compatriot Milan Jovanovic who I am proud with as he stated he would give up the title if it could help Wasyl in any way and also was the only Standard player that hit out Witsel in the dressing room at the half-time.

Quick Reply