Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

New Liverpool sponsor - 20M a year Standard Chartered deal (2009)

Read 48007 times
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: New Liverpool sponsor - 20M a year Standard Chartered deal
      Reply #92: Sep 14, 2009 11:51:35 am
      Anyone have an idea of what our average net spend has been in the past few years?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #93: Sep 14, 2009 11:54:43 am
      Be great if this money guaranteed a top signing every summer
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #94: Sep 14, 2009 12:01:17 pm
      Thats what i mean mate, i was guessing that our net spend had been around 10mil a season
      And well, thats from Carlsberg + £3mil from owners, which even for them im sure they could cough up :P
      So as StandChart have replaced them, that SHOULD mean our net spend should be around 20-25mil?

Just throwing stuff around :P
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #95: Sep 14, 2009 12:14:23 pm
      http://www.standardchartered.com/media-centre/press-releases/2009/documents/20090914/index.html

Liverpool and Standard Chartered announce sponsorship deal

London & Liverpool, 14 September 2009 - Liverpool FC and Standard Chartered Bank announced today they had agreed a four-year deal for the bank to become the club’s main sponsor - the largest commercial agreement in Liverpool’s history. The agreement, which starts in July 2010 and runs through to the end of the 2013-14 season, will see the bank’s name and logo appear on the Liverpool shirt.

Liverpool FC is the most successful club in English football, enjoying a global following most recently evidenced in its highly successful pre-season tour of Singapore and Thailand. As official club sponsors, Standard Chartered will enjoy a major rights package which will provide the platform to significantly step up the Bank’s brand awareness across its core markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

Standard Chartered PLC, listed on both London and Hong Kong stock exchanges, ranks among the top 25 companies in the FTSE-100 by market capitalisation. The bank has more than doubled its revenue and profits over the last five years and has performed consistently well, delivering record results throughout the recent financial crisis.

Christian Purslow, Managing Director of Liverpool Football Club, commented:
      “This partnership brings together two highly successful organisations with a really strong cultural and strategic fit. The sponsorship opportunity attracted a huge level of interest from a wide array of globally recognised brands and in Standard Chartered we believe we have the ideal partner to move forward and help develop our global ambitions for the club. It is a real sign of the progress we have made at Liverpool that we have been able to secure the largest ever commercial deal in our history.”

Peter Sands, Group Chief Executive of Standard Chartered PLC, said:

“This is a great partnership. We are excited to be working with such a famous global brand as Liverpool Football Club for the next four years. This is an outstanding opportunity for Standard Chartered, our customers and shareholders, and for Liverpool, its players and fans"

“We see many opportunities to continue growing our business, particularly as Asia, Africa and the Middle East are emerging from the global downturn more quickly than the West. This sponsorship will drive a step change in brand recognition in our key markets and will provide an additional catalyst for our business growth.”

-- Ends --

For further information please contact:

Tim Baxter
      Head of Corporate Communications
      Standard Chartered PLC
      Tel: +44 20 7885 5573
      Mobile: +44 7889 137060

Ian Cotton
      Director of Communications
      Liverpool Football Club
      Tel: +44 151 230 5721
      Mobile: +44 7710 063660

Note to Editors:

Liverpool Football Club

Liverpool FC is one of the world’s most famous football clubs. Founded in 1892, Liverpool is England's most successful club, winning a record 18 League Titles, seven FA Cups, seven League Cups, five European Cups and the UEFA Cup on three occasions. Liverpool can also lay claim to 15 Charity Shield wins and three European Super Cup successes.

The unprecedented success of the modern era began under legendary manager Bill Shankly and has continued through to the famous Champions League win in Istanbul when Rafael Benitez led his side to victory in May 2005, a game widely acknowledged as one of the greatest in footballing history.

Liverpool's passionate supporters, centered around the world famous Kop, also saw further success in the 2006 FA Cup and a second appearance in three years in the Champions League final 12 months later in Athens.

The Club continues to grow and is committed to the construction of a new 60,000 seat LFC Stadium. Liverpool FC has already invested significant sums in the restoration of nearby Stanley Park, the Isla Gladstone Conservatory and other regeneration initiatives in the Anfield area. Its outstanding work in the local community has recently been recognised by the award of the national CommunityMark accolade.

For more information on Liverpool Football club please visit www.liverpoolfc.tv

Standard Chartered – leading the way in Asia, Africa and the Middle East

Standard Chartered PLC, listed on both London and Hong Kong stock exchanges, ranks among the top 25 companies in the FTSE-100 by market capitalisation. The London-headquartered Group has operated for over 150 years in some of the world's most dynamic markets, leading the way in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Its income and profits have more than doubled over the last five years primarily as a result of organic growth.

Standard Chartered aspires to be the best international bank for its customers across its markets. The Group earns around 90 per cent of its income and profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, from its Wholesale and Consumer Banking businesses. The Group has over 1600 branches and outlets located in over 70 countries. The extraordinary growth of its markets and businesses creates exciting and challenging international career opportunities.

Leading by example to be the right partner for its stakeholders, the Group is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. It employs around 70,000 people, nearly half of whom are women. The Group's employees are of 125 nationalities, of which about 70 are represented in the senior management.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #96: Sep 14, 2009 12:42:05 pm
        Kenny deal will help Rafa

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165758090914-1154.htm

Kenny Dalglish believes the club's new sponsorship deal will aid Rafa Benitez in his quest to bring silverware to Anfield.

Liverpool today announced the biggest commercial contract in its history, with Standard Chartered set to appear on our shirts for four years from 2010-11.

New club ambassador Dalglish claims the deal is another example of how the Reds are evolving on and off the pitch.

"Like every other Liverpool fan, I want the best assets of this club to be on the pitch - and this deal will help that," Dalglish told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"If it can help Rafa and increase his budget - well that's what everyone wants.

"Success on the pitch leads to success off it and vice versa. It all leads to the same thing - a lot of happy Liverpool supporters. This is a fantastic deal for everybody."

Dalglish met executives at Standard Chartered prior to today's announcement and believes our new partners fit perfectly with the traditions of the club.

"The size of this deal commercially is very important, but equally as important are the people involved," he said. "Standard Chartered are good, solid people. I've met them before and they're very good."

Dalglish thinks Liverpool's global support was a major attraction for our new sponsors.

"The importance of the support Liverpool have in the Far East is very important for them because they have their base there as well as the Middle East and Africa," he added.

"Our support out there was highlighted during our pre-season tour, and I think that time helped make up both minds that this would be a fantastic opportunity.

"This only endorses what a lot of people already knew - that this is one of the most important clubs in world football."

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #97: Sep 14, 2009 12:46:25 pm
      Reds delighted with sponsorship deal

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165738090914-0757.htm

Liverpool Managing Director Christian Purslow today insisted the club's sponsorship agreement with Standard Chartered Bank signals the start of an exciting new era at Anfield.

The Reds today announced they have secured the biggest sponsorship deal in their history, with Standard Chartered set to appear on Liverpool shirts for four years from the start of the 2010-11 campaign.

"I am tremendously excited," Purslow today told Liverpoolfc.tv. "It's a hugely important day in the history of Liverpool Football Club.

"This is the largest commercial agreement we have ever entered into. To have attracted a partner of the calibre of Standard Chartered Bank says everything about where we are trying to take this football club.

"Standard Chartered are one of the world's leading banks. They're a global company, as we are, and their aspiration to be the best bank in the world matches our aspiration to be the best at what we do.

"They operate in a number of markets around the world where we have a long term plan to increase the family of Liverpool fans and this agreement will be very helpful to us in doing that.

"Many branches in these countries will effectively be a shop window for Liverpool Football Club and a means of attracting more supporters to the cause.

"We aspire to be the best at what we do on and off the field. This is the first commercial agreement the club has entered into which can truly be described as the best of its kind in world football.

"I hope this tells everyone, especially our fans, what we are trying to do with this football club in the future."
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #98: Sep 14, 2009 01:00:28 pm
      Now lets get the stadium built.Could standard charter have anything to to with the re financing of the club in the future?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #99: Sep 14, 2009 01:17:45 pm
      Great deal on the financial side of things. Couldn't care less how it looks tbh. Unfortunately its a money game and if we're gonna settle for less money because of sentimental reasons, then we're gonna get left behind. Carlsberg could never offer us that sort of cash.

If we're honest with ourselves we all know Rafa will see very little of the money from the deal. But if it means a more stable club finncially then I'll be happy. We've seen some very bad times since the americans took over, hopefully they're starting to learn and this will be the start of a more stable club.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #100: Sep 14, 2009 01:39:04 pm
      Good to hear that from Kenny and not tweedle dumb and tweedle dee.
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Reply #101: Sep 14, 2009 01:51:38 pm
      To the guy who is making the custom liverpool shirts ive seen quite a few and im really impressed! you should be our kit designer.

But what I think what will most likely happen for space and to fit on the shirt better they will display it like this

LOGO
      Standard
      Chartered

or the logo with the name all on one line uner it but with a much smaller font size and logo

could you make them just so I can see? please :)
      RedRyan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #102: Sep 14, 2009 02:20:41 pm
      Although i hate banks, because there all robbing f*ckers, this is an excellent deal for us. It will bring in some much needed money over the next 4 years, so happy days!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #103: Sep 14, 2009 03:03:35 pm
      New sponsors

The world's media today descended on Anfield as the club announced its biggest ever sponsorship deal.

Our famous trophy room was the venue as banking giant Standard Chartered were unveiled as Liverpool's new shirt sponsors from 2010-11 - and it's here that fans hope the deal will have its biggest impact by helping Rafa Benitez in his pursuit of silverware.

One of those supporters sat at the top table this morning - Standard Chartered's Group Executive Director Gareth Bullock, a lifelong Red.

Alongside him was Liverpool's Managing Director Christian Purslow, who opened proceedings after a stylish video presentation illustrating why both companies are among the global leaders in their respective fields.

Here's the best of our photographs from a momentous morning at Anfield:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165755090914-1134.htm

redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #104: Sep 14, 2009 03:05:07 pm
      As much as I like Carlsberg written over óur shirts, I'll take the 80 million.

I don't know whether its going to look nice sponsoring a bank but who cares. It's the money we need that counts. Its about time this club has gotten more aggressive in the commercial side of things and I'm glad we managed to secure this deal. Over the years we've been losing out on a lot of money, and sponsorships like this will help.

It's definitely a big jump, no doubt. This sponsorships will help us go a lot way, we have used our image as the world's best football club well. As long as the money helps the club and enables it to make sure its more financially stable, I'd definitely put the future of the club in first priority rather than the awesomeness of how our new shirt might look.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #105: Sep 14, 2009 03:33:01 pm
      Thanks for the 80 million and I might as well predict that Rafa will not get that full 20 million a year amount.
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #106: Sep 14, 2009 03:48:27 pm
      This deal is worth 80m which may help push through a transfer deal for David Villa or David Silva which is great news I trust that our new home shirt next season will be a nice one.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #107: Sep 14, 2009 04:19:59 pm
      I do wonder if this was one of the issues with the re-financing...

Banks - especially the big one's - can get very parochial about dealings with other banks.

But, on the positive front, an extra £13m + per year cannot be bad news, and if we can use them to get some funding for the new stadium, then potentially, a great bit of business.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #108: Sep 14, 2009 04:33:14 pm
      Thanks for the 80 million and I might as well predict that Rafa will not get that full 20 million a year amount.

He almost certainly won't get all of the £20million a year. I expect the majority will go on interest payments.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #109: Sep 14, 2009 05:00:38 pm
      Rafa will hardly get any of it I think.
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #110: Sep 14, 2009 05:23:33 pm
      Well I'd like to thank Carlsberg for 17 years service as club sponsor and I 'd like to welcome Standard Chartered to the Liverpool F.C family
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #111: Sep 14, 2009 06:03:13 pm
      Guessing how it will be...

jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #112: Sep 14, 2009 06:12:05 pm

Hopefully :P Thats well smart
      Hobesph
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #113: Sep 14, 2009 06:20:15 pm
      Not bad actually. I think it looks better than the other one.

Im glad Kenny has come out and said the deal could help Rafa. And hopefully, fingers crossed this will go some way to help getting the new stadium built which is what we all want. [= But thanks for the service Carlsberg you've been great!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #114: Sep 14, 2009 06:20:22 pm
      Not bad that.

Don't you think it'll be blue and green though?

Quick Reply