Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

6 games in 17 days

Read 8229 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,221 posts | 3393 
      6 games in 17 days
      Sep 13, 2009 12:59:56 pm
      Busy scedule for the Reds

12/9/09 - Burnley at Anfield (Premiership) Won 4-0
      16/9/09 - Debrecen at Anfield (Champions League) Won 1-0
      19/9/09 - West Ham at Upton Park (Premiership) Won 3-2
      22/9/09 - Leeds at Elland Road (Carling Cup) Won 1-0
      26/9/09 - Hull at Anfield (Premiership) Won 6-1
      29/9/09 - Fiorentina at Stadio Artemio Franchi (Champions League) Lost 2-0

We've already got it started with a win over Burnley, but the games are thick and fast over the next two weeks or so. May be a good chance to see just how strong the depth of this squad really is.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2009 11:56:38 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Re: 6 games in 17 days
      Reply #1: Sep 13, 2009 01:02:40 pm
      I think we play Chelseas at the end of that schedule too, on October 4th
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 13, 2009 01:07:45 pm
      Carling cup would be a good time to rest our first team players and give the likes of Spearing, Darby, Babel, Voronin, Pacheo etc a run out and give the lads a nice break before Hull & Fiorentina.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #3: Sep 13, 2009 01:17:23 pm
      Jeez, that is busy, didnt realise it was like that, ok good for fans as we have to lots of footie to watch but the players will be wrecked, I'm sure some sort of rotation will be in order, give some players a rest here and there.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Sep 13, 2009 01:20:30 pm
      I'm sure some sort of rotation will be in order, give some players a rest here and there.

I don't think we'll see any kind of mass rotation, with the exception of the Leeds match.

I more see Rafa taking off key players a lot earlier than he would normally to give them that extra bit of rest. We saw Johnson come off unusually early against Burnley, and I imagine we'll see a lot more of this over the coming couple of weeks.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #5: Sep 13, 2009 01:25:46 pm
      Yeah agree with you, thats what I meant, if I didnt make it clear.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Sep 13, 2009 02:48:11 pm
      Rafa usually plays the likes of Plessis, Degen, Babel and Voronin in cup matches.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #7: Sep 13, 2009 03:15:44 pm
      Woo, it just means more quality football for us to watch in the 17 days.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #8: Sep 13, 2009 03:18:00 pm
      For the Debreceni game, I'm expecting us to name an unchanged XI from the one that started at Burnley. With that team, it was too strong for Burnley and it'll be too strong for Debreceni as well, so by half time I think we might already see the game wrapped up. In the 60-70 minute mark, I'll expect Rafa to sub off our stars like Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt to give them a break, with an eye cast on the game against West Ham.

I expect Rafa to give the likes of Cavalieri, Ayala, Babel, Ngog, Voronin as well as a mix of senior players for the game against Leeds. As long as we get through the next round then we'll be alright. I think the Leeds game will also be one in with Aurelio will start, in order to get some much needed match fitness.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #9: Sep 13, 2009 03:19:48 pm
      Start Babel for this match only so that he'll shut the F**k up for a few weeks! :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,991 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Sep 13, 2009 03:30:26 pm
      Ive just been thinking about how much this season will seem shorter than normal what with the world cup coming up next summer,Were only 5 weeks into the season and already games are been squeezed in, As winter approaches and with the CL league stages almost every 2 weeks, carling cup rounds to get thru etc etc, Do you think we really have a strong enough squad to see us through it all, It's this type of year that you want your young lads to come to the fore and go as far as possible in the carling cup, I'm sure Rafa has it all in hand already and knows who will feature more in this season.

YNWA   IRWT
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Sep 13, 2009 10:27:38 pm
      This will sort the men out from the boys.

Time to step up to the mark if your picked. We've certainly got a big enough squad, but it remains to be seen if we've got a strong enough squad.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: Sep 14, 2009 12:27:04 am
      It'll get the momentum going.

We'll be flying ... coming out of that lot
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #13: Sep 14, 2009 01:03:55 am
      We have the potential to win every single match, if we do we will be flying on confidence leading up to the Chavs game.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,221 posts | 3393 
      Reply #14: Sep 17, 2009 03:45:47 pm
      2 down, 4 to go.

We haven't conceded yet at the start, hopefully it can continue for the Hammers.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #15: Sep 17, 2009 04:34:16 pm
      2 down, 4 to go.

We haven't conceded yet at the start, hopefully it can continue for the Hammers.
      I can see it continuing because Dagger is almost ready, he'll add something to the defense.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 17, 2009 04:38:57 pm
      2 wins in the league, at least a point in the Champions League and I'm not too bothered about the league cup as long as we give the young lads a chance. I'd be happy with that.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #17: Sep 17, 2009 04:50:52 pm
      I'd go for 4 out of 4. So that the youngster ll have more games under their belt. They can even take us to the finals of the league cup.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #18: Sep 17, 2009 06:40:03 pm
      If they take the win v W/Ham that should put them in good standing the the EPL. We know that the 4 teams in front of us are going to have a big point swing this weekend because they all play each other, lose or draw, which is good.  I would then rest the starters for the Carling Cup game and the Champions League.   

Their seems to be more emphasis this season on the League and less on the remaining cups like Carling and even UCL.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Sep 17, 2009 11:24:55 pm

Their seems to be more emphasis this season on the League and less on the remaining cups like Carling and even UCL.

It's imperative we do well in the champions league and then qualify again this season as from what I've read about our new sponsorship, it seems we are relying on champions league football to obtain the full 20 million per season.

In total agreement about the Carling Cup, I'd rest every single member of our current starting XI and give the fringe players a run out.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #20: Sep 17, 2009 11:32:59 pm
      Rafa was at the reserves game tonight, no doubt selecting back-up players.We have plenty reserves who could do the job against Leeds and many other sides, so bring the games on we will prevail.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #21: Sep 18, 2009 12:43:26 am
      2 out of 2 so far this West Ham game is massive.

Chelsea host the Spurs and its the Manchester derby potentially both can drop points and it is imperative we take advantage.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #22: Sep 18, 2009 01:47:18 am
      Depending on this weekend, with a win v W/Ham we can move 3 spots from 5th to 2nd. That would be huge for the LFC morale. Then rest the squad for the Leeds match going into what should be a easy win against Hull and were right back into the League Title w/ a huge momentum swing.

This weekend is HUGE! Its not too often the top 4 spots in the League are playing eachother. This weekend will make or break the season. If they come out with a good showing and 3 points, even if Chelsea wins, its good. If we lose and Chelsea wins thats a 6 point swing to the negative and that would be real bad. 

Put the pressure on the other teams. If the top 4 see that LFC won and are w/in 3 points that puts the pressure on those Sunday matches.

Quick Reply