Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jim Carrey

Read 8932 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Jim Carrey
      Sep 13, 2009 10:41:31 pm
      F***ing love the man.

Never ever get bored of his films. Just brilliant.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Jim Carrey
      Reply #1: Sep 14, 2009 12:27:22 am
      Like all film comic actors...not as funny when they become uber rich and famous. My fav comic actor was Gene Wilder...now that was a genius.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Sep 14, 2009 01:01:30 am
      Dont really find old Jim that funny, I think he tries way too hard.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Sep 14, 2009 01:32:48 am
      Like all film comic actors...not as funny when they become uber rich and famous. My fav comic actor was Gene Wilder...now that was a genius.

Gene is one of my favourites. He took comedy acting to a new level. Not sure there'll ever be anyone to beat him to be honest.

But Jim has given me some laughs over the years. And basically, that's what it all boils down to - making you laugh.

Dumb And Dumber nearly broke my ribs when I first seen it. And it still makes me laugh now. But I'm not sure how many of you have seen Man On The Moon? Jim Carrey excelled in that film. And it made me see how good he really is.

Like him or not. He's definitely an actor of recent times who will be remembered.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Sep 14, 2009 09:58:19 am
      I've never seen Man on the Moon - is that a more serious film? I think I'll have to give that a watch.

I love more or less everything he's done. Ace Ventura When Nature Calls, I think, is genious. Brilliant in Me, Myself and Irene and The Truman Show.

Another one that I don't think I've seen properly is The Cable Guy - what's that like?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Sep 14, 2009 10:08:12 am
      I'd have to say if there was ever a role that any actor was born to play, for me it had to be Jim Carrey as the riddler in Batman probably one of the best performances in any film I've seen him in, that along with The Mask, maybe because I think that was his first major film so he was completely different to any one else around at that time.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Sep 14, 2009 10:11:29 am
      I'd have to say if there was ever a role that any actor was born to play, for me it had to be Jim Carrey as the riddler in Batman probably one of the best performances in any film I've seen him in, that along with The Mask, maybe because I think that was his first major film so he was completely different to any one else around at that time.

Just shows doesn't it. I completely forgot about those two.

You're right though, bloody fantastic he is in both of those!
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #7: Sep 14, 2009 10:14:01 am
      One of my fave actors of all time to be honest. IMO he's one of the only comedy actors that is actually really funny in stand up aswell.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #8: Sep 14, 2009 10:58:06 am
      I loved 'Dumb and Dumber', but besides that one I don't think any of his other comedy films were that great. They're usually entertaining but not that funny to me. I do think though that he's a great actor and should be doing serious films more often. He was really good in 'Man on the Moon' and 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', the latter being one of the better movies I've seen in general.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #9: Sep 14, 2009 12:41:34 pm
      I loved Bruce Almighty. I remember seeing it in the cinema, tears actually streamed down my face with laughter. Loved it. Jim Carrey is one funny man, one of a kind if you ask me.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Sep 14, 2009 12:52:22 pm
      Lmao I couldn't resist but this thread needs this....

The Mask scene

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Sep 14, 2009 01:18:22 pm
      I loved 'Dumb and Dumber', but besides that one I don't think any of his other comedy films were that great. They're usually entertaining but not that funny to me. I do think though that he's a great actor and should be doing serious films more often. He was really good in 'Man on the Moon' and 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', the latter being one of the better movies I've seen in general.

I've got that Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind on Doovde and have only watched it once, when I was hungover. Couldn't really get into it at the time. Heard loads of people rave on about it though so I must watch it again - when not hungover.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #12: Sep 14, 2009 01:48:06 pm
      Quality actor, apparently he is really funny in real life to, if that makes sense!

Saw him in '23' I think the film was called, thought that was a good film, one of his more serious ones, but every comedy film he does just makes you laugh, just one of those actors.

Watched Ace Ventura last night, hadn't seen it for ages was so funny!
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #13: Sep 14, 2009 02:00:51 pm
      I've got that Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind on Doovde and have only watched it once, when I was hungover. Couldn't really get into it at the time. Heard loads of people rave on about it though so I must watch it again - when not hungover.
      It's a bit of a complicated and 'different' movie, that certainly requires some focus. Being hungover might not be the best state of mind to watch it in no. It's written by Charlie Kaufman, who also wrote 'Being John Malkovich' and 'Adaptation'. 'Eternal Sunshine' falls into the same category as those 2, though I feel it's a more complete movie.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #14: Sep 14, 2009 02:50:36 pm
      For me, it would be either Liar Liar or Me, Myself and Irene.

Absolutely F***ing hilarious.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #15: Sep 14, 2009 03:39:23 pm
      Oh yeah, Liar Liar was good, forgot about that one.  I also liked Bruce Almighty, Truman Show and Me Myself and Irene.  Best one of his for me is Dumb and Dumber though.  That film cracks me up every time I watch it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16: Sep 14, 2009 11:25:59 pm
      He's about as funny as being drowned in a barrel of sh*te.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #17: Sep 14, 2009 11:29:57 pm
      So you don't like him then?

I never used to, but he grew on me. Like fungus.

He's a fun guy.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Sep 15, 2009 12:18:35 am
      Yeah you're right; I particularly liked the movie in which he pulled faces and fell about.....I very nearly threw back my legs back and polluted my britches with delight at that one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19: Sep 15, 2009 12:42:47 am
      One of my favourite actors and has certainly provided me with a few laughs over the years. Saw Dumb and Dumber for the first time last year and don't think i laughed that much at a movie since Jonny English :laugh:
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #20: Sep 17, 2009 12:56:45 am
      Deffo one of my favourites. If he's in a movie I know im gonna like it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #21: Sep 17, 2009 11:05:31 pm
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Sep 17, 2009 11:17:11 pm

Quick Reply