Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Upcoming movies! - trailers, info, etc.

Read 92059 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Upcoming movies! - trailers, info, etc.
      Reply #276: Dec 10, 2013 05:47:59 pm
      Won't give too much away mate but it is a true story which is so unbelievable they put a reminder on screen to the effect ''this is still a true story'', then it just gets crazier.
      I'd have it on a 'see next' list!

Got round to watching that Pain & Gain last night mate and I must say I wasn't disappointed.

Very good film, very intriguing way the story was told too which already makes me want to watch it again. Half way through I was struggling to believe it was based on a true story and "This is still a true story" pops up, hilarious.

Would recommend it to anyone and thoroughly enjoyed watching it, cheers for that recommendation fella.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #277: Dec 10, 2013 05:59:33 pm
      Got round to watching that Pain & Gain last night mate and I must say I wasn't disappointed.

Very good film, very intriguing way the story was told too which already makes me want to watch it again. Half way through I was struggling to believe it was based on a true story and "This is still a true story" pops up, hilarious.

Would recommend it to anyone and thoroughly enjoyed watching it, cheers for that recommendation fella.

Thought you'd like it mate, like I said it's the best movie we've seen for a while, those movies were you haven't got a clue what's coming next are the best kind.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #278: Dec 10, 2013 09:25:31 pm
      Obviously the 7th installment of Fast & Furious has been called off for the foreseeable. Can't think of any other films that were due out in 2014, anyone know of any decent ones?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #279: Dec 10, 2013 09:42:37 pm
      Obviously the 7th installment of Fast & Furious has been called off for the foreseeable. Can't think of any other films that were due out in 2014, anyone know of any decent ones?

http://www.imdb.com/list/ISnfvaJ71mA/

Seems a good list that to be honest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #280: Dec 10, 2013 09:46:02 pm

Amazing Spider Man 2? I haven't actually watched Spider Man movies but how can it be 2 when it's like the 10th bloody one?!
      Bier
      Reply #281: Dec 10, 2013 10:27:48 pm
      Most anticipated movie for next year has to be Cristopher Nolan's Interstellar. Coming out in november 2014, should be a massive movie. Plot: A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #282: Dec 10, 2013 10:41:32 pm
      Amazing Spider Man 2? I haven't actually watched Spider Man movies but how can it be 2 when it's like the 10th bloody one?!

'Amazing' Spider Man is a different set of comics so the movies are different from the ones before.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #283: Dec 10, 2013 10:46:02 pm
      'Amazing' Spider Man is a different set of comics so the movies are different from the ones before.

I didn't realise that.

I just thought it was another film studios reboot of the Spiderman story.

Anyway it does look good and I enjoyed the first one in this latest series.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #284: Dec 10, 2013 11:02:28 pm

But it's still Spider Man ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #285: Dec 11, 2013 02:11:02 pm
      Thought you'd like it mate, like I said it's the best movie we've seen for a while, those movies were you haven't got a clue what's coming next are the best kind.

Same here, although I found it pretty disturbing.

I think my first thought was "This is fu**ed up".

The casualness of the violence and the sheer F***ing stupidity of the baddies.

It led me to read up about the original case though, and it seems that the character played by Wahlberg was anything but stupid in real life, but I suppose they had to make the "anti-hero" more appealing for audiences.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #286: Dec 11, 2013 04:00:26 pm
      Same here, although I found it pretty disturbing.

I think my first thought was "This is fu**ed up".

The casualness of the violence and the sheer F***ing stupidity of the baddies.

It led me to read up about the original case though, and it seems that the character played by Wahlberg was anything but stupid in real life, but I suppose they had to make the "anti-hero" more appealing for audiences.

The reminder about it still being a true story was unbelievable for all the lunacy you describe, was compelling viewing tho'.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #287: Dec 11, 2013 05:07:40 pm
      The reminder about it still being a true story was unbelievable for all the lunacy you describe, was compelling viewing tho'.

haha, yeah, I was shaking my head every time that came on.
      Although they did take a bit of artistic license, the crimes etc were less brutal in the film than in real life.

However, all that aside, I haven't seen a better film since, and the only film that I've seen lately that is better was Django.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #288: Jan 10, 2014 07:50:34 pm
      Can't believe they're doing a remake of Point Break. Do they have to ruin every F***ing classic film with a remake, reboot, sequel or prequel nowadays?! 
      Just write some new films! :mad:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #289: Jan 10, 2014 08:04:52 pm
      Ugh, there will be a sequel of 300 this year. The original film is near the top of my list of worst films ever. Really not looking forward to it :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #290: Jan 10, 2014 08:27:27 pm
      Ugh, there will be a sequel of 300 this year. The original film is near the top of my list of worst films ever. Really not looking forward to it :D

Hallelujah! Somebody else who agrees with me that 300 was absolute garbage!
      So many people love that film  :-[

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #291: Jan 10, 2014 08:29:40 pm
      Hallelujah! Somebody else who agrees with me that 300 was absolute garbage!
      So many people love that film  :-[

There was so much fuss about this film in Brazil cause Rodrigo Santoro (a Brazilian actor) stars in it, so I went to see it in the cinema with some friends. Nearly all of them liked it, I thought it was depressingly bad. So many painful clichés...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #292: Jan 10, 2014 08:43:14 pm
      There was so much fuss about this film in Brazil cause Rodrigo Santoro (a Brazilian actor) stars in it, so I went to see it in the cinema with some friends. Nearly all of them liked it, I thought it was depressingly bad. So many painful clichés...

It did have some comedic value, I'm not sure that's what they were going for though  :laugh:

It doesn't matter how many Gerard Butler films I watch, I still struggle to see him as a hard man with his goofy little chipmunk face.

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #293: Jan 11, 2014 07:55:16 am
      Can't think of any other films that were due out in 2014, anyone know of any decent ones?

Godzilla should be quite big  ;)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #294: Mar 21, 2014 06:36:01 pm
      The upcoming movie about the American Samoa team that got thrashed 31-0 looks hilarious.

NEXT GOAL WINS (Official Trailer)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #295: May 14, 2014 06:10:25 pm
      Ben Affleck as Batman

The first photo of Ben Affleck in character as Batman has been revealed by director Zack Snyder.

He is pictured standing next to the Batmobile in the brooding black-and-white shot, taken on set of the forthcoming Superman vs Batman film.

Although the actor was a controversial choice to play the caped crusader, the new photo has had a positive reception.

Many have suggested it shows the older Batman from Frank Miller's four-part comic book The Dark Knight Returns.

The 1986 series "depicted an aged Bruce Wayne at the end of his career," said Bryan Bishop on The Verge.

"Since Affleck is rumoured to be playing an older Batman in the upcoming film, it may not be surprising that Snyder would draw on Miller's grittier designs."

Costume designer Michael Wilkinson posted a close-up of Affleck on his Twitter account

Affleck displays "serious muscle definition" and "throbbing veins" in the photo, said Rolling Stone magazine's Jon Blistein.

The smoke-filled shot suggests the character will continue to be the "brooding Batman we've come to know and love" from Christopher Nolan's tortured Dark Knight trilogy, he added.

Designed by Michael Wilkinson (300, Watchmen) the new Batsuit is "more sculpted and comic-book-like than the armour-plated version worn by Christian Bale" in those movies, noted Matt McDaniel on Yahoo Movies.

"The suit hearkens back to Michael Keaton's, with its chiselled muscles and cowl attached to the cape. It also has smaller ears and a much larger bat-symbol across the chest than previous iterations.

"Affleck does, though, stand in the same clenched fist and lowered head pose favoured by Bale."

Escapist magazine's Ross Lincoln said the "rounder, old fashioned-looking cowl, and smaller ears" made Batman "appear less a demonic personification of justice and more like an actual cartoon bat."

"The Batsuit has always been a divisive feature," wrote Justin Kroll for film trade bible Variety.

"Especially since George Clooney's costume in Batman and Robin, which came complete with the now-infamous 'Batnipples,' gave fans an advanced warning that the Joel Schumacher production might be troubled."

It also ran a readers' poll, which saw 56% of fans approving the new-look Batman.

Affleck was not a universally popular choice to take over from Christian Bale.

A petition on Change.org urging film studio Warner Bros to "remove Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne in the Superman/Batman movie" has gathered more than 97,000 signatures since his casting was announced last summer.

But he has laughed off the criticism, saying he is "a big boy" who can "handle" the backlash.

"When you get into the arena of those kinds of movies, these superhero movies, particularly ones that are working with characters that everyone's known for so long, everybody's got these strongly held opinions and preconceived ideas about what it should be," he told Entertainment Weekly.

"At the same time, I don't think projections about something that hasn't happened yet are all that meaningful.

"I think at the end of the day, it's like any other movie or project: You go out and make it great, people will say it's great. If you go out and miss, you'll hear about it.

"The stuff beforehand is kind of just the noise that happens."

Affleck will make his debut alongside British actor Henry Cavill's Superman, on 6 May, 2016.

The as-yet-untitled film is a sequel to Man of Steel and will also feature Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Ray Fisher as Cyborg.

Details of the plot are a closely guarded secret, but screenwriter David Goyer told San Diego ComicCon: "We're actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, it's that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that's happening."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27406286
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #296: Jun 09, 2014 06:17:54 pm
      Looks more like Fatman than Batman :D

I didn't like Man of Steel and not particularly a fan of Snyder and Goyer, although, Goyer and Nolan did a good job on Begins and Dark Knight.

Not really looking forward to the next film and don't like the casting :/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #298: Jun 18, 2014 03:27:14 pm

Quick Reply