Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sony PSP vs Nintendo DS

Read 1271 times
      ph34r
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 30 posts |
      • You can't step to this
      Sony PSP vs Nintendo DS
      Sep 15, 2009 06:50:38 am
      So, my better half would like one of these handhelds. I myself am biased towards Sony, I always have been. I like the look and feel of the PSP having played on one a few times.

Problem is, I've never had time to mess with a DS.

I've read various head-to-head articles and only one was pretty much unanimous in Sony's favour.

I'm sure a lot of people on here have one of these 2, maybe even both. Please post your feedback, both good and bad in the hopes that I can get her the best possible handheld.

Thanks,

Ph34r.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Re: Sony PSP vs Nintendo DS
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2009 12:35:08 pm
      One of my kids has got a DS and the other has got a PSP.  Most of the games that you can buy for the PSP are also available on the DS, but the DS has some great games of it's own - Brain Training, for instance.

My youngest (PSP owner) says he wishes he'd asked for a DS, if that is an indication.

Plus...If you want to 'chip' the console, the DS is much easier - just download some software and buy a microSD card (google 'Edge card').  The PSP firmware needs to be downgraded, you need to buy a Pandora battery and a memory card.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #2: Sep 15, 2009 02:53:35 pm
      I prefer Nintendo DS. It's loads more fun. I got mine when they first come out and I still haven't got bored of it yet. Great for long journeys, and the games are awesome, dead interactive and fun. Trust me, she'll prefer a DS to a PSP.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #3: Sep 15, 2009 03:29:35 pm
      Fwiw, I've got a PSP and I've only used it a couple of times.  I can't get the hang of the controls.  Really wish I'd gone for a DS myself.  They sound much better.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Sep 16, 2009 11:39:36 pm
      I take my brother's PSP with me to work to give me something to do. Managed to get Fifa 07 for £3. It's kept me entertained for a good few weeks now so money well spent I think!

I wouldn't go out and buy one though I don't think. DS' do actually seem more fun. I like the Brain Training games etc on the DS, again I use my brother's for doing that occasionally.
      ph34r
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 30 posts |
      • You can't step to this
      Reply #5: Sep 17, 2009 12:54:22 pm
      Well, I bought the PSP. What the lady wants the lady gets.

It helps that the company I work for are distributors of all things Sony so at least the games and accessories will be cheap.

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Quick Reply