Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

15 Minutes That Shook The World

Read 21715 times
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Re: 15 Minutes That Shook The World
      Reply #46: Sep 23, 2009 12:04:46 pm
      I wonder why they used some lookalikes and not the real players.I heard by the ground staff at Anfield that Carra made this instead of a testamonial and all proceeds are going to charity.Traore and Cisse refused to do it cos they really did get slated at half time.Carra's arl fella Philly is in it aswell,he bursts in the dressing room and goes round the players one by one hellin' them all.Gary Neville is in it and he plays 'Ratboy'(lookalike of course).If Carra would of opted for a testamonial am sure all the players would of turned up for that.Anyway cant wait to see it,am sure its gonna be a classic :D
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #47: Sep 23, 2009 04:08:30 pm
      I wonder why they used some lookalikes and not the real players.I heard by the ground staff at Anfield that Carra made this instead of a testamonial and all proceeds are going to charity.Traore and Cisse refused to do it cos they really did get slated at half time.Carra's arl fella Philly is in it aswell,he bursts in the dressing room and goes round the players one by one hellin' them all.Gary Neville is in it and he plays 'Ratboy'(lookalike of course).If Carra would of opted for a testamonial am sure all the players would of turned up for that.Anyway cant wait to see it,am sure its gonna be a classic :D

Cisse didn't play in the first half so wouldn't have got slated.
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2009 04:11:52 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Post put outside quote box. »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Sep 23, 2009 10:27:59 pm
      Looks a right laugh this....can't wait to see it  :laugh:
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #49: Sep 24, 2009 12:00:18 am
      15 Minutes That Shook Manchester

Istanbul: May 25th 2005

45 mins - 60mins ;)

You got that right !!
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #50: Sep 24, 2009 01:28:47 am
      Is this for real or a piss take?  :)

5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #51: Sep 24, 2009 12:23:49 pm
      Is this for real or a piss take?  :)

It's just a spoof,based on the 15 mins half time break.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #52: Nov 17, 2009 09:07:25 pm
      Can't wait to see this now. The premier of it was last night in town and it's supposed to be hilarious.

Istanbul Film Makes World Premier
      A new film recreating the half-time events of the 2005 Champions League final in Istanbul made its world premiere at Liverpool One's Odeon cinemas on Monday night.
      15 Minutes That Shook The World, described as 'the untold story of Istanbul', is a 45-minute movie that takes a sideways look at arguably the greatest night in the history of Liverpool Football Club.

With tongue planted firmly in cheek, the film is based around 'CCTV footage' taken from the Reds' dressing room in the Ataturk Stadium on that momentous night on the Bosporus - and the rollercoaster of emotions felt not only by Liverpool fans, but those of Everton and Manchester United supporters and some 'familiar' faces from the footballing world.

Written and devised by acclaimed Scouse playwright Dave Kirby, and featuring boxing ace David Price, former Brookside actress Suzanne Collins and Andrew Schofield of Scully fame, the film has been produced by locally based North Star Films.

"Like every Liverpool fan, I always wondered what exactly happened in that dressing room at half time," said Kirby when asked about the inspiration behind the film.

"I always imagined Rafa gave some kind of Churchill/Luther King-type speech or that maybe the players were inspired by a passionate, emotional rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.

"But when the reports came back, all described a dressing room of complete calm and composure and I was gutted. My illusions were shattered.

"To me it felt like Braveheart without the rally cry of 'Freedom' or Zulu without 'Men of Harlech'.

"It was definitely that mythical yearning which prompted me to write the story as I saw it - with humour."

The film, which hopes to raise funds and awareness for Jamie Carragher's charity, The 23 Foundation, sees the silver screen debuts of Anfield's vice-captain, teammate Steven Gerrard and Kop icon Dietmar Hamann - while Phoenix Nights and Peep Show star Neil Fitzmaurice delivers a hilarious send-up of Rafa Benitez.

"Rafa's been great," Kirby laughs. "We met him at Melwood a few weeks ago and the first thing he said when he came out to us was, 'Where's the actor who played me?' He'd seen the trailer and really liked it.

"He's an adopted Scouser, as is Didi, so they understand the city and that the humour can be brutal - we're always taking the mickey - but behind it is a real affection."

On Gerrard and Carragher's roles, the Brick Up The Mersey Tunnels writer added: "To get them involved was absolutely fantastic.

"Jamie and Stevie have watched my plays at the theatre and when I approached them with the film script they thought it was hilarious and decided to get involved.

"We also agreed the movie would raise awareness and funds for Jamie's new charity, The 23 Foundation.

"We had to wait until the end of the season to shoot it, but it was well worth the wait, especially when Jamie was able to get Didi involved - his entrance into the film is priceless.

"When we were filming, Steven couldn't move for laughing at a sketch involving Sami Hyypia, who is played by boxer David Price in the film.

"I think we had to do seven or eight takes to get it done in the end. We've got all of the outtakes on the DVD, so people will see a side to the players that they don't usually see.

"It was great fun for everyone and they were all great sports, especially as they all get slated in it!"

While the cameos from Carragher, Gerrard and Hamann will almost certainly take the headlines, Kirby is quick to pay homage to the side-splitting portrayal of Benitez by Radio City's Fitzmaurice.

"Neil was always my first choice to play Rafa," he says. "He's an old mate of mine and he's a great actor.

"He has a resemblance to Rafa and actually got his hair cut and learnt some Spanish for the part - a brilliant professional!

"But we've also given some people a break as well. For example, this is a first ever role for the guy who plays Alex Ferguson (Alan Trott), but you'd think he was a seasoned actor by the way he performs."

It's taken just over a year to see the concept go from a pub conversation to the big screen, and Kirby admits it's been a whirlwind 12 months for all involved.

"It's a bit of a dream really," he considers. "You need to have a great team behind you.

"To come from getting the green light in February to seeing it on screen, and only filming in July and August, is the product of a lot of hard work by a lot of people."

He adds: "This isn't us harping on about part glories, we don't do that at Anfield - we win something and then we move on.

"But this particular triumph was so special and significant in our history.

"It was the fifth one, which means we got to keep the trophy for ever, and it was also the greatest game in history. Even neutral fans will agree to that."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166485091117-1136.htm
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #53: Nov 17, 2009 09:17:29 pm
      Best job in the world Dave Kirby.

Sounds BOSS!
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #54: Nov 17, 2009 10:01:25 pm
      Argh i thought this was going to actually be like a serious documentary kinda thing :P
      Then as soon as Gerrard said that if you want to see the REAL story of Istanbul get on to see 15 minutes that shook the world, i actually thought that was a spoof trailer, but according to you guys its not :/
      Oh well, suppose it'll be a laugh :P
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #55: Nov 17, 2009 10:13:34 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/11/06/reds-star-jamie-carragher-launches-new-charity-the-23-foundation-100252-25103572/

Liverpool FC star Jamie Carragher launches new charity, The 23 Foundation

Nov 6 2009 by Tina Miles, Liverpool Echo

REDS star Jamie Carragher officially launched his new young people’s charity in Liverpool.

The Liverpool defender set up The 23 Foundation earlier this year to provide grants to young people on Merseyside.

The 23 Foundation, which takes its name from Carragher’s team shirt number, aims to give children a better chance in life.

The footballing star says he plans to give the proceeds from his Liverpool testimonial to the Foundation.

He said: “I was in Alder Hey as a child myself when I was first born and I hope The 23 Foundation can help children like people did for me when I was growing up.

“I’ve got my own kids and I don’t think there’s anything better than making a child happy.

“I was very fortunate to go to a good youth club and I’ve been very fortunate to be where I am playing for Liverpool.

“I’d like to think that maybe if I put something back, we’ll have someone else going on to play for Liverpool or Everton, or getting involved in other sports. There are a lot of youth clubs out there helping kids to keep fit and stay interested in sport.

“I want the charity to help those clubs buy equipment and keep kids off the streets.”
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,224 posts | 8570 
      Reply #56: Nov 18, 2009 02:15:28 pm
      Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher risk film row
      James Ducker November 18, 2009

Liverpool have risked a furore over a film starring Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher that portrays Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, as a whisky-guzzling drunk and Gary Neville, the club’s captain, as a rat who “hates Scousers”.

Gerrard and Carragher were joined by Rafael Benítez, the Merseyside club’s manager, at the premiere of Fifteen Minutes That Shook The World in Liverpool on Monday evening.

The 43-minute film is a darkly humorous, fictional account of the events that inspired Liverpool’s fightback against AC Milan in the Champions League final in Istanbul in May 2005, when they came from 3-0 down at half-time to win on penalties.

But while the movie — which includes cameos from Gerrard and Carragher, the Liverpool captain and vice-captain respectively — was intended to be light-hearted and firmly tongue-in-cheek, it remains to be seen what United make of it.

In one scene, a Ferguson parody called McTaggart rings a Neville lookalike, wearing a United No 2 shirt bearing the name “Rat Boy” on the back, to celebrate Liverpool trailing Milan by three goals.

“Rat Boy”, whose features were digitally enhanced to make him more ratlike, responds by singing about how he “hates Scousers”, an ironic nod to the song that United fans chant about Neville’s widely perceived dislike of Liverpool.

When word comes through that Liverpool have drawn level, McTaggart is seen swigging furiously from a bottle of Scotch, which has the words “Manager of the Month but not as good as Bob Paisley” on it. He then tries to put his head in a noose only to be thwarted when the gum bubble he blows explodes over his face.

United declined to comment yesterday, but Ferguson and Neville are likely to be unimpressed, not least because of the involvement of Gerrard and Carragher and others at Anfield, even though they would not have been aware of the full extent of the content.

Ferguson did not react well the previous time a club tried to poke fun at United. He described Manchester City as a “small club with a small mentality”, arrogant, cocky and stupid for the “Welcome to Manchester” poster they erected in the summer after Carlos TĂ©vez’s move to the club from Old Trafford.

Liverpool fans, though, will doubtless view the film as it was intended — a bit of fun — even if the timing of its release may raise a few eyebrows, coming as it has only days before Benítez’s team face Manchester City in the Barclays Premier League and Debrecen in the Champions League, games that could define their season.

Ferguson and Neville are by no means the only ones sent up in the film. Benítez, who is played by Neil Fitzmaurice, the actor and comedian, tells his players in the dressing room at half-time that “the whole damn world will take the p***, go on that pitch you shower of pigs and make it our day.” Of Dietmar Hamann, the former Liverpool player who also has a cameo in the film, Fitzmaurice’s Benítez says: “But what is Hamann, what has he got, he smokes, he drinks, he uses pot, but he will shine.”

Djimi TraorĂ©, the former Liverpool defender, is brought into the dressing room in a box by Sami Hyypia, at which point Gerrard says, “Djimi, that’s the best you’ve been in the box all night,” while Carragher, when pressed by BenĂ­tez for his thoughts, can utter only the Scouse phrase: “I’m still chocka.” Gerrard adds that he “won’t be able to show my face” around his home town of Huyton if Liverpool do not stage a comeback.

The film was written by Dave Kirby, the Liverpool playwright, and will shortly go on general release at selected cinemas — although presumably not in Manchester — before being released on DVD in time for Christmas.

Truth stranger than fiction

Rafael BenĂ­tez went to the premiere of Fifteen Minutes That Shook The World on Monday night and laughed at the lampooning depiction of himself at half-time in Istanbul (Tony Evans writes). Yet the events in the dressing room at the AtatĂŒrk Stadium are so bizarre that fiction does not do them justice. Nor does BenĂ­tez need sending up. He repeats the story with wide-eyed humour.

The Liverpool manager rose from the bench with AC Milan leading 2-0. “I was thinking what to say,” he said. “Then Milan scored again.”

BenĂ­tez took off Djimi TraorĂ© and sent on Dietmar Hamann. “Then I spoke,” he said. “For eight minutes. In English.” With the officials calling them back on the pitch, BenĂ­tez was told that Steve Finnan was injured.

TraorĂ© was retrieved from the showers while Finnan pleaded to stay on. BenĂ­tez drew up his team. “I had Hamann, Finnan was still on and I added TraorĂ© back,” he said, laughing. Someone pointed out he was sending out 12 men. “So I rubbed out both full backs,” he said. “It left ten men.”

With a bit of help, Benítez sent 11 on to the pitch, Liverpool came back to 3-3 and won on penalties. File under “great team-talks”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6920853.ece
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #57: Nov 18, 2009 02:48:27 pm
      But while the movie — which includes cameos from Gerrard and Carragher, the Liverpool captain and vice-captain respectively — was intended to be light-hearted and firmly tongue-in-cheek, it remains to be seen what United make of it.

In one scene, a Ferguson parody called McTaggart rings a Neville lookalike, wearing a United No 2 shirt bearing the name “Rat Boy” on the back, to celebrate Liverpool trailing Milan by three goals.

“Rat Boy”, whose features were digitally enhanced to make him more ratlike, responds by singing about how he “hates Scousers”, an ironic nod to the song that United fans chant about Neville’s widely perceived dislike of Liverpool.

When word comes through that Liverpool have drawn level, McTaggart is seen swigging furiously from a bottle of Scotch, which has the words “Manager of the Month but not as good as Bob Paisley” on it. He then tries to put his head in a noose only to be thwarted when the gum bubble he blows explodes over his face.

:lmao:  I can't wait to see this film.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #58: Nov 18, 2009 03:29:56 pm
      is that supposed to be Alonso cuddling a blow up doll on the treatment table lmao

Isn't that Stevie's best mate? Paul something? I recognise him from the year in the life of Steven Gerrard DVD.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #59: Nov 18, 2009 03:53:37 pm
      Is this going to be out in all cinemas or just locally?
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #60: Nov 18, 2009 04:07:13 pm
      Can't wiat for it. When is it releasing? Is it releasing only locally or all over?
      Couldn't stop laughing while reading the part about Gary "Rat Boy" Neville and and Ferguson.  :lmao:
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #61: Nov 18, 2009 05:45:46 pm
      Cant wait to see this.Think its out on dvd at the end of the month.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #62: Nov 19, 2009 02:19:22 pm
      Can't wait to see whiskey face and rat boys' reaction -  they should use it for an add on to the movie, most of all though can't wait to see the movie itself .
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #63: Nov 20, 2009 12:59:57 pm
      Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher risk film row
      James Ducker November 18, 2009

Liverpool have risked a furore over a film starring Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher that portrays Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, as a whisky-guzzling drunk and Gary Neville, the club’s captain, as a rat who “hates Scousers”.

Sounds like my type of film! Can't wait to get this!

I like the way they highlight "hates scousers" as if it were bad against them. :D
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #64: Nov 20, 2009 01:11:49 pm
      Rat Boy and Fergie chugging whiskey. They're going to have a right paddy at this :lmao: !!
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #65: Nov 20, 2009 08:28:32 pm
      This just seems to get better,they are going to go ape sh*t  ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #66: Nov 20, 2009 08:34:15 pm
      I can't wait for this  :D    I'm up for going the pictures in Liverpool if anyone wants to go  :D
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #67: Nov 25, 2009 10:49:32 am
      Just got an email from the mailing list saying the DVD is now available to buy so I've got a copy on order  :clap:

Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #68: Nov 25, 2009 10:54:47 am
      It's going to be on my Christmas List for sure it looks a graet laugh

Quick Reply