Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

£20m Buying Cap Revealed

Read 9068 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: £20m Buying Cap Revealed
      Reply #46: Sep 24, 2009 06:02:17 pm
      What makes it worse is that Contract signings extensions etc. are included in that and we all know how much they claim that takes up given the fact that Purslow claims we've spent 20mil this season they could give Rafa F**k all every season and blame "contract extensions" for it. :f_steam:
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #47: Sep 24, 2009 06:24:56 pm
      I am fearing a complete colaspe. If we do not improve teams like city or spurs are going to overtake us
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #48: Sep 24, 2009 06:28:36 pm
      Hmm seems like macherano is a definate sale then. The only way we'll get through this is if rafa buys more players like masch and alonso and then sells them for 2-3 more for a couple of seasons. I still think we'll make top four, as long as gerrard and torres dont get sold. Our first team is good enough to compete with anybody so the only real players we need to buy are those who can come in and do a job. Plus we have our youngsters so hopefully they'll come through as well.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #49: Sep 25, 2009 12:31:33 am
      Hmm seems like macherano is a definate sale then. The only way we'll get through this is if rafa buys more players like masch and alonso and then sells them for 2-3 more for a couple of seasons. I still think we'll make top four, as long as gerrard and torres dont get sold. Our first team is good enough to compete with anybody so the only real players we need to buy are those who can come in and do a job. Plus we have our youngsters so hopefully they'll come through as well.
      You miss the point mate the burning question is will Rafa want to continue scraping and scratching in spite of his obvious loyalties? are the bas**rds going to grind him down? and will they be allowed to?
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #50: Sep 25, 2009 05:04:40 am
      You miss the point mate the burning question is will Rafa want to continue scraping and scratching in spite of his obvious loyalties? are the bas**rds going to grind him down? and will they be allowed to?

Yeah true if rafa leaves then we're going downhill, but If he stays I can't see how the situation is going to be different in the coming transfer windows than it it was in the previous transfer windows.

We bought johnson for around 18 mil but since porthsmouth still owed us money from crouch it works out to about 12 mil from what I understand. We sold arbeloa and alonso, so thats 30 + 3 = 33 mil.
      We bought aquilani and sotos so thats 20 + 3 = 23 mil

So alltogether we only spent 2 mil from our own pockets by my calculations? I haven't really thought about it before but that sounds ridiculous. Have I missed something? This news means nothing if we haven't spent any money as it is. Saying that we're allowed to spend 20 mil sounds like a dream.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #51: Sep 25, 2009 05:43:18 am
      I don't see light at the end of the tunnel if we are still owned by these clowns this time next year. The reality of Rafa leaving is really looking like a possibility, and if that happens we are f**k all. Which manager, at a top club wants to manage with these kinds of ceilings and limitations. What i fail to understand is, how can anyone be so illogical?

We have a good squad now, but in 5 years' time with these two at the helm, I see us heading for the Leeds bin.
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #52: Sep 25, 2009 08:11:04 am
      cu*ts
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #53: Sep 25, 2009 08:56:10 am
      These two may have bought the assets of the club but it is us the supporters who have invested time and money over generations who OWN the club. The are trying to run it like a PLC and that will not work , you need money to run a club and these two haven't got the required funds.
      If they were to have spent heavily (as Man City have done)for the first two years to build up the squad then you could understand them wanting to hold back and then restrict the transfer budget.They havent put any money into the club and want to walk away with a big profit and they probably will do which is very sad indeed,once again thankyou Mr Moores and Mr Parry.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #54: Sep 25, 2009 09:16:20 am
      There's no doubt in my mind that Moores and Parry are to blame for this whole farce.

The deal with H & G put £8m more into Moores' pocket than the offer from D.I.C. would have. That and that alone is the reason that we are now 'owned' by these gangsters. Not exactly 30 pieces of silver but near enough.....

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #55: Sep 25, 2009 10:13:08 am
      These two may have bought the assets of the club but it is us the supporters who have invested time and money over generations who OWN the club. The are trying to run it like a PLC and that will not work , you need money to run a club and these two haven't got the required funds.
      If they were to have spent heavily (as Man City have done)for the first two years to build up the squad then you could understand them wanting to hold back and then restrict the transfer budget.They havent put any money into the club and want to walk away with a big profit and they probably will do which is very sad indeed,once again thankyou Mr Moores and Mr Parry.
      Comparison with running a PLC is fine if it were being done correctly with all due diligence however the situation with Liverpool Football Club is that unlike a thriving PLC it is not getting vital investment and support from it's owners, much less any moneys realised from the disposal of assets and any planning for the future running of the club is none existent.
      The facts presented indicate one thing the present owners have shown by their refusal to commit themselves that their plans are short term and they do not see anything else but dollars and cents before them. The best scenario would be for a hostile bidder to come in and take hostilities to a new level with these assholes and just roll over them, I realise the stockmarket and commerce are a wee bit more complex  and H&G will have their arses covered but whats the harm in wishing?                                

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2009 10:35:25 am by stuey »
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #56: Sep 25, 2009 10:26:51 am
      Half 10 and these two f**kwits already going my nut in

At least its sunny ???
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #57: Sep 25, 2009 04:24:21 pm
      Clearly with those w**kers still around, the only Rafa could do is to sell in order to buy. Don't hope that they'll come to their senses and start to give Rafa more cash to buy.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #58: Sep 25, 2009 04:54:40 pm
      can't see Rafa staying for long with these restrictions. please let someone buy these 2 out.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #59: Sep 25, 2009 05:21:36 pm
      The problem at the moment is that as each day passes, the debt of the club increases. These wankers are extremely stubborn and will not sell unless they make a hefty profit out of it. The reality of the matter is that nobody is going to pay over the odds for the club in the knowledge that this pair of cu*ts will walk away from the deal smiling and laughing at them. As much as it hurts us to admit it, these are worrying times for Liverpool, and with each day that passes that worry steadily increases.

Their business acumen must seriously be called into question. Speculate to accumulate, reap what you sow, get out what you put in. It's basic business sense, but it seems it is totally beyond the comprehension of these turds. I'm not going to get into all the transfer dealings, and who owed what and all that. The facts are that we spent f**k all this summer, no matter which way they try and dress it up.

All we are to these tossers is a meal ticket, they have no affinity with this club, they do not give two fucks about this club, and they most certainly don't give a f**k about us. My biggest concern in all this is that Rafa will only take so much. Slowly but surely the Valencia situation is taking form at Anfield. He wants a Ferrari and they give him a Nissan Micra. We have the best manager in football at this club, why can't these stupid cu*ts see this and give him the tools to create his masterpiece.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #60: Sep 25, 2009 07:14:58 pm
      Hasn't this been denied?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #61: Sep 25, 2009 07:19:49 pm
      Suprised that they even give that much now tbh. And I think that we all know a 20mill budget really means about 10mill knowing the yankers
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #62: Sep 25, 2009 08:37:48 pm
      I only have one real question - after 2014 what then.

I hate these two mugs, but if they said we have to be very frugal for the next 4 seasons then we can go mad I would be thinking perhaps this isent soooooo bad. If they said by 2014 we will be out of debt, a new stadium about to open and a transfer kitty of £100Million a year forever then I could accept it. It would make us sound like Valencia just holding in there for the light at the end of the tunnel. I could take that, knowing there was something there, something to look forward too.

This cap is to reduce debt, we can all see that - and at this time it is needed. But reducing debt to sell, nothing else. This will make these fools more money and thats all. It makes me sick! 7 years ago I caught my mum with some guy (not my dad, her husband) and I was pissed off / upset / lost. This beats that hands down.

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #63: Sep 25, 2009 10:08:54 pm
      This was published in March this year.

The Standard Chartered deal was announced this month September.

6 months later.

So we now should be getting the 20 million a year + the difference per year between the old Carlsberg deal and the new Standard Chartered deal.

Yes? He naively asks.

Probably No.

Quick Reply