Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match today?

Fernando Torres
      (85.5%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (4.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.9%)
      Emiliano Insua
      (1.8%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (5.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0.9%)

West Ham 2 - 3 Liverpool: Post Match Phew

Read 17562 times
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Re: West Ham 2 - 3 Liverpool: Post Match Phew
      Reply #115: Sep 21, 2009 08:52:05 pm
      I was at my buddy's wedding in Boston on Saturday morning praying that Nando would have a break out performance to get his confidence up.  I got what I was looking for :)

Question: Why do we use a zone defence on set pieces still?  It obviously isn't working..
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #116: Sep 21, 2009 11:49:48 pm
      Just watched all the match on LFC t.v. we were poor again, no creating goal chances which is unlike the team, we need something other than we have at the moment, the team as a whole played poor, Gerrard had a stinker by his standards, kuyt looked like he was waiting for a train to come along, only Torres seems to have found some form and had a smile back on his face, must give a word to Insua who was terrific down the flank, Pepe to had a sound game, the rest of the team have to try harder and get out of the lethargy they find themselves in or we will lose even more points before Aqulini make his debut.....PS. If I was a WHU fan I would want to know how come there was no added time in extra time...
      TheFella
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts | -2 
      Reply #117: Sep 21, 2009 11:51:17 pm
      great win and great goal by the one and only Fernando Torres.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #118: Sep 21, 2009 11:59:31 pm
      Just watched all the match on LFC t.v. we were poor again, no creating goal chances which is unlike the team, we need something other than we have at the moment, the team as a whole played poor, Gerrard had a stinker by his standards, kuyt looked like he was waiting for a train to come along, only Torres seems to have found some form and had a smile back on his face, must give a word to Insua who was terrific down the flank, Pepe to had a sound game, the rest of the team have to try harder and get out of the lethargy they find themselves in or we will lose even more points before Aqulini make his debut.....PS. If I was a WHU fan I would want to know how come there was no added time in extra time...

I thought Gerrard played ok, certainly not a stinker.

West Ham played 10 men behind the ball for alot of the match and on what seemed to be a 5 a side pitch in size.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #119: Sep 22, 2009 12:07:03 am
      Thats why I like babel. He's getting back to his best.
      I have always been the one that says Babel will be class next season,but i think his time is running out he didnt have the best of games when he came on but he set up Torres for the vital third,besides that he ran into corners and misplaced his passes,I would love to see him succed but i have a bad feeling he could be out in January
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #120: Sep 22, 2009 01:03:32 pm

3 goals and 15 shots on target. Thats creativity my boy, just not good enough execution. But 3 goals is a decent shift out.

And we didn't lose points, so i don't know why you've said we'll lose even more points.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #121: Sep 22, 2009 01:32:05 pm
      I thought Gerrard played ok, certainly not a stinker.

West Ham played 10 men behind the ball for alot of the match and on what seemed to be a 5 a side pitch in size.

I think, but not sure, that Upton Park is one of the narrowest pitches in the league.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #122: Sep 25, 2009 11:00:40 am
      Waiting for more from Nando..........He is showing some flashes of brilliance
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2009 03:36:36 pm by MsGerrard »

Quick Reply