Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Awesome weekend for LFC.

Read 3527 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: Awesome weekend for LFC.
      Reply #23: Sep 20, 2009 11:53:01 pm
      Awesome is such an American word, isn't it? :D

I think the only good thing this weekend is three points for us. F**k everyone else, if we aren't winning games then we won't be winning the league. And we won a game we could well have lost the way we were defending. I don't care about anyone else. I just want to see us winning. Keep it up, Red Men.
      Yeah, "Awesome" is American like "Brilliant" is to British. Its one of those regional words.  It makes me sound like a stoned, surfer dude or Keanu Reeves though. Sorry!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #24: Sep 20, 2009 11:54:08 pm
      S'ok, I wasn't having a go.

Dude, where's my car?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Sep 21, 2009 12:34:28 am
      A draw at least in the Manchester game would have made it more 'awesome'.

Spurs are sh*t kickers cant wait till we play them again at Anfield, totally fallen apart since the injury to Modric.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #26: Sep 21, 2009 01:11:21 am
      The united game was a joke. I was hoping spurs could've taken a point out of chelsea's lead, and that was probably wishful thinking, but I did in all honesty expect man city to get a point out of the derby. The ref's retarded in the united games, as always. 7 minutes injury time is ridiculous. It was an OK weekend for us IMO. We got a lucky win against west ham, especially since they didn't capitalize on carragher's mistake, and our main rivals (chelsea, Utd) picked up 3 points.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #27: Sep 21, 2009 09:23:39 am
      Good win for us but we need to get the defence sorted ASAP!! Think we've let in 9 in 6 games now and Carra's 1st half performance was terrible although I have no doubts it was a one off and he'll return to his usual level vs Leeds or more likely Hull.

Was hoping for a draw in the Manc derby but have to say Chelsea look immense at the moment, the way its shaping up we'll have to take three points at Stamford Bridge or we could be 9 points behind them and out of sight.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Sep 21, 2009 11:20:19 am
      Awesome would have been us not conceding 2 goals and those other 4 teams all drawing and kicking the sh*t of each other.

2 things that were awesome though, were we won and I got the Prediction correct  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Sep 21, 2009 11:29:37 am
      Even had to post it twice :D

As long as we won, it's awesome. So...queue awesomeness.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #30: Sep 21, 2009 11:53:09 am
      Not really an awesome weekend.

I'd describe it as solid. We went out there and did our job and got three points. Our closest challengers however both picked up maximum points as well.

An awesome weekend would have been a win for us followed by wins for Spurs and City.

Totally agree - apart from our win we had the worst 2 results in those other games.

Quick Reply