Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

All time Premiership XI

Read 10192 times
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Re: All time Premiership XI
      Reply #23: Sep 28, 2009 11:25:46 pm
      how in the world people havent included big sami is unbelievable to me!
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #24: Sep 29, 2009 03:26:39 am
      ........................ .........Schemichel
      ....Neville............. Pallister...........Adam s........Irwin
      ...Ronaldo............Ke ane...........Vieira.... .......Giggs
      ........................ ..Shearer.........Henry

That being objective would be the best all time prem xi
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #25: Sep 29, 2009 03:28:54 am
      how in the world people havent included big sami is unbelievable to me!

Because this wasnt a 'lets all pick our favourtie players' thread it was or i thought an honest appraisal of the all time best players since the premier league was formed.....can some people not look past their own bias and be honest?? people including Torres are stupid....hes been here not even 3 years for christ sake....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Sep 29, 2009 07:37:26 am

Because this wasnt a 'lets all pick our favourtie players' thread it was or I thought an honest appraisal of the all time best players since the premier league was formed.....can some people not look past their own bias and be honest?? people including Torres are stupid....hes been here not even 3 years for christ sake....

F**k off. Just because he has only been here 3 years, he has already established himself as one of the most dangerous ever marksman in the Premier League and if someone including me wants to include him in our team then we fully well can.

Although i didn't include Sami in my team, he has been one of the best backs since the league began and held manure pretty well last year!

You don't even have one Liverpool player in your team!! FFS, Manc tw*t. Go back to jacking off over Ronaldo "highlights" tapes.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27: Sep 29, 2009 08:46:57 am

Because this wasnt a 'lets all pick our favourtie players' thread it was or I thought an honest appraisal of the all time best players since the premier league was formed.....can some people not look past their own bias and be honest?? people including Torres are stupid....hes been here not even 3 years for christ sake....

Okay then hesbighesred, let's go all "honest appraisal" on your ass then. Let's look, honestly, at Torres, in comparison to your two chosen strikers, eh?

Torres' (P.L.) strike rate is - a goal every 1.39 games: Shearer's (PL) strike rate was - a goal every 2.04 games: Henry's (P.L.) strike rate was - a goal every 1.45 games.......them's the facts.

Now, the chances are, you'll use the 'longevity' argument but i'll put this to you: if Dalglish, Pele, Best or Maradona had been able to have appeared in the Premier League for only three seasons; would they not have made your team? What 'cut off point', in terms of seasons played, are you using to gauge excellence?

By the way, calling your fellow Reds "stupid"?  :-\

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #28: Sep 29, 2009 11:07:51 am

Because this wasnt a 'lets all pick our favourtie players' thread it was or i thought an honest appraisal of the all time best players since the premier league was formed.....can some people not look past their own bias and be honest?? people including Torres are stupid....hes been here not even 3 years for christ sake....

Who do you really "support"?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Sep 29, 2009 11:53:38 am
                                                    Schmichael

Pallister                           Adams                      Desailly

Gerrard                    Viera                         Keane                   Ronaldo

Bergkamp

Fowler                              Henry
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #30: Sep 29, 2009 01:46:39 pm
                           Schmeichel

Pallister             Sami               Irwin

Giggs     Gerrard       Vieira      Barnes

Zola

Shearer     Fowler

Subs: Given, Carra, Adams, Keane, Overmars, Henry, Bergkamp.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #31: Sep 29, 2009 01:50:47 pm
      .................................Schemichel
      ....Neville.............Pallister...........Adams........Irwin
      ...Ronaldo............Keane...........Vieira...........Giggs
      ........................ ..Shearer.........Henry

That being objective would be the best all time prem xi
      7/11 United players. Are you taking the piss?  :tosser:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #32: Sep 29, 2009 01:53:22 pm

Don't worry everyone's twigged he's a manc!
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      Reply #33: Sep 29, 2009 01:55:24 pm
      Don't worry everyone's twigged he's a manc!
      :D Well at least he tried to hide it... ::)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Sep 29, 2009 01:57:05 pm
      HE'SBIGHE'SRED HE'S A MANC DICKHEAD pmsl :D
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #35: Sep 29, 2009 03:19:16 pm
      #

Who would you have instead? Im starting to much prefer RAWK to this place you can atleast have a grown up conversation over there here its like a bunch of angry 12 year olds who foam at the mouth whenever you give praise to anyone outside of liverpool...
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #36: Sep 29, 2009 03:46:35 pm
      Ill explain my selections for the fanbois out there:

Schmichel is clearly the best keeper in the premier league era (which is what this article is asking for)

Neville most have him in their teams at right back so nothing contraversial there..

Pallister was one half of what many consider one of the best centre back pairings in this league and others have selected him to not just me...

Adams was a collosus for Arsenal and a great leader of men...easily deserves to be there...

Irwin well name a better left back at the top level for over 10 years?

Ronaldo is the only player from these shores to ever win the worlds best player award and has broken nearly every record in the book in his time at United..the current best player in the world and regarded one of the best foreign imports to this day....whats the problem here??

Roy keane....are you saying he wouldnt make an all time premier league XI??? ask our captian who his hardest opponents were....

Vieria....same as the above..Keane and Vieira were two warriors of the premier league for years...and will be remembered as the most feared central midfield titans for years to come..

Giggs....dosnt need explaining most if not all agree hes one of if not the greatest players in the premier league....and by most i mean pundits current and former managers players etc...hes highly respected...name a better left winger in the premier league era???

Shearer was a goal machine and is the current all time premier league top goalscorer...easy selection..

Henry is in my opinion the best import to this league and was and remains in a class of his own...led the scoring charts in England for 5 years running whilst bagging up to 20 assists along the way season after season...league of his own no striker past or present touches him....

Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #37: Sep 29, 2009 03:50:34 pm

Schmichel is clearly the best keeper in the premier league era (which is what this article is asking for)

Neville most have him in their teams at right back so nothing contraversial there..

Pallister was one half of what many consider one of the best centre back pairings in this league and others have selected him to not just me...

Adams was a collosus for Arsenal and a great leader of men...easily deserves to be there...

Ronaldo is the only player from these shores to ever win the worlds best player award and has broken nearly every record in the book in his time at United..the current best player in the world and regarded one of the best foreign imports to this day....whats the problem here??

Roy keane....are you saying he wouldnt make an all time premier league XI??? ask our captian who his hardest opponents were....

Vieria....same as the above..Keane and Vieira were two warriors of the premier league for years...and will be remembered as the most feared central midfield titans for years to come..

Giggs....dosnt need explaining most if not all agree hes one of if not the greatest players in the premier league....and by most I mean pundits current and former managers players etc...hes highly respected...name a better left winger in the premier league era???

Shearer was a goal machine and is the current all time premier league top goalscorer...easy selection..

Henry is in my opinion the best import to this league and was and remains in a class of his own...led the scoring charts in England for 5 years running whilst bagging up to 20 assists along the way season after season...league of his own no striker past or present touches him....

OK. Explain why Gerrard isn't there.
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #38: Sep 29, 2009 03:59:49 pm

Well United have won 11 of the 16 premier league crowns there have been since the premier league was formed so its hardly surprising theyd have more players in this sort of team than anyone else really.....hardly rocket science...
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #39: Sep 29, 2009 04:01:07 pm

Giggs....dosnt need explaining most if not all agree hes one of if not the greatest players in the premier league....and by most I mean pundits current and former managers players etc...hes highly respected...name a better left winger in the premier league era???

He can't ! he's as biased towards the team he supports as we are to Liverpool !
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #40: Sep 29, 2009 04:03:25 pm
      OK. Explain why Gerrard isn't there.

Because Keane and Vieira in the era of the premier league have been the 2 most feared central midfield players without question....they dominated midfields for years whilst winning league titles along the way...Stevie would tell you himself he dosnt compare to those two yet and probably wont until hes led his side to the title...Vieira and Keane both led their sides to back to back titles...in Keanes case 3 in a row....if an independant panel were picked to select an all time prem eleven ill tell you now Keane and Vieira would be picked without a moments hesitation...

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #41: Sep 29, 2009 04:04:07 pm
      If Ronaldo is there because he has had many records and regarded as one of the best foreign imports... how about Torres?
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #42: Sep 29, 2009 04:04:29 pm
      He can't ! he's as biased towards the team he supports as we are to Liverpool !

Erm..i just did.... ::)
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #43: Sep 29, 2009 04:09:00 pm
      If Ronaldo is there because he has had many records and regarded as one of the best foreign imports... how about Torres?

Ronaldo was at United for 5 years winning 3 league titles in that time as well as the champions league..winning the leagues golden boot and the coverted world player of the year award as well as back to back player of the year award titles....Ronaldo to this day remains the only player from these shores to win the world player of the year...the ball'on dor and european golden boot all together...for those achivements alone he deserves his place in the premier league hall of fame as hes accomplished such heights that no other player ever has...

Torres has not even finished top goalscorer yet and has been here less than 3 years...hes not won single title at the club either....to compare him to what Ronaldo achieved is rather silly at this point as he simply dosnt match up....if he wins what Ronaldo did both personally and collectively with the team then he would enter the equation....until then Shearer and Henry are way above him in the pecking order.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #44: Sep 29, 2009 04:13:27 pm
      I guess that's fair but Torres did break the record of being the most profilic goal scorer with 24 goals in a debut season. In the same season, he's scored in 8 consecutive home games and had 2 consecutive home hat-tricks. He topped it all as being the goal scorer in the Euro 2008 final, ending the la furi roja's wait of 44 years and did finish 3rd last year.

Well, i guess he hasn't won any titles at club level but 58 goals in like what? 87 games? is a fair stat to be proud of.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #45: Sep 29, 2009 04:39:49 pm
      #

Who would you have instead? Im starting to much prefer RAWK to this place you can atleast have a grown up conversation over there here its like a bunch of angry 12 year olds who foam at the mouth whenever you give praise to anyone outside of liverpool...

Giggs....dosnt need explaining most if not all agree hes one of if not the greatest players in the premier league....and by most i mean pundits current and former managers players etc...hes highly respected...name a better left winger in the premier league era???

F**k off to RAWK then, half of them on there don't even go the F***ing game and are a bunch of anoraks.

And for fucksake what the F**k is a fanboi?

And instead of being a Sky generation fan - give us a an all-time 80s football league XI then?

Here's mine

Grobbelaar
      Nicol
      Kennedy
      Hansen
      Lawrenson
      Souness
      Whelan
      Johnston
      Barnes
      Dalglish
      Rush

And I bet it would beat your premiership team, let's face it Souness would kick F**k out Keane and Viera all on his own.

Quick Reply