Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Corner Taker

Read 4453 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Corner Taker
      Reply #23: Sep 21, 2009 06:40:37 pm
      It should really be someone who cant offer much in the box
      Let Carragher take them,not like hes gonna get in the box and score is it?

Good thinking.  We all know Carragher doesn't play the ball forward anyway so he'll be fine angling the ball backwards in to the box.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #24: Sep 21, 2009 06:43:15 pm
      For me Yossi Insua for example should be on corners

Is he any good? ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #25: Sep 21, 2009 06:46:12 pm
      Agree fully that Gerrard should be twenty yards out, central when corners are whipped in. He'll up his tally by at least 5 goals this season.

I think we need to worry about defending set pieces than attacking with them just now though!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #26: Sep 21, 2009 06:53:05 pm
      I think Insua or Aurelio should take them depending on whose playing. They should practise them everyday in training for an hour or two. It's not rocket science. Get it sorted and get other teams to worry about us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Sep 21, 2009 07:16:47 pm

Yes. Ugly get tho  ;D
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #28: Sep 21, 2009 07:27:19 pm
      Beyond me how we cant expect any pro footballer to put in a decent corner. For me Yossi Insua for example should be on corners and there is no reason they cant hit pinpoint balls on the head of Stevie Nando Skrtel etc
      Totally agree
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #29: Sep 21, 2009 07:48:11 pm
      Aurelio, when fit and in the side (think of his free kicks!) as well as Benayoun as already mentioned along with Gerrard would give the side quite a variety of corner kick takers.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #30: Sep 21, 2009 07:52:07 pm
      I think Aquilani will be the corner taker when he is fit enough to play ,that way it leaves Stevie,Lucas , Dirk , plus the attacking Agger and Skertel free
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31: Sep 21, 2009 08:09:28 pm
      It seems like every time we take a corner we create nothing, yet every time we concide a corner we look like we will ship a goal
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #32: Sep 21, 2009 09:34:22 pm
      ^^^ EXACTLY! ^^^
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #33: Sep 21, 2009 09:54:11 pm
      It seems like every time we take a corner we create nothing, yet every time we concide a corner we look like we will ship a goal

True. Liverpool are at the moment, and have been for a long time, terrible in both attacking and defending set pieces. If aurelio does get into the first team he should takes all the set pieces, including the right and left corners. I can't remeber the last time gerrard took a good free kick.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #34: Sep 21, 2009 10:48:22 pm
      At the moment it should be Lucas... to have Gerrard in the box makes Stevie more dangerous.... Plus Lucas has good cornors on him..
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #35: Sep 22, 2009 08:31:19 am
      Aurelio, Johnson, Benayoun or Lucas. Not Gerrard (or Aquilani when he comes back), because of what he can do from 20 yards out. Also, he is a major threat in the air.

Aquilani, once fit, should also just lurk outside the box.
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 170 posts |
      Reply #36: Sep 24, 2009 02:39:22 pm
      im sure if we get a few good corners in against hull we will get a goal or two. There not the best at defending set-pieces.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #37: Sep 24, 2009 03:34:08 pm
      Depending whose on the field i would say either Aurelio, Johnson, Babel, or Riera. Definately not Stevie, hes invaluable in and around the edge of the box. Aquilani looks like he can hit a good dead ball too. But theres nothing more annoying than a player not being able to clear the first man paricularly when theyre not under any pressure is there? it drives me f***in mad when they do that. But even the best are prone to it nowadays.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #38: Sep 24, 2009 04:08:20 pm
      We should mix it up a bit, confuse the opposition, Stevie taking the corners all the time is a big no no. We need him on the edge of the box to thunder one in.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Sep 24, 2009 05:08:16 pm
      I wouldn't think it's long before this clown is banned.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #40: Sep 24, 2009 05:11:12 pm
      I wouldn't think it's long before this clown is banned.

JD is working on it now, the last time I checked 'Who's Online' JD is looking at his profile.

Not only should he be banned, all his posts and everything on here should be deleted from the database.

Anyway, back on topic.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #41: Sep 24, 2009 10:44:42 pm
      I'd go for lucas or yossi on the left of goal post and Aurelio... I think we more a threat when delivering out swinger than in swinger unlike man yoo, they are more dangerous when giggs is hitting an in swinger, i'm always like "OOH MY GOD" they gonna score... But us in swinger don't fit us especially when Stevie takes them he always invites the keeper too much but when it's out swinger you take it out of the keeper's reach... Most of our corner kick goals come from out swinger... But Aurelio can hit in swinger's very well, his kicks used to have force, accuracy and a good bent...
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #42: Sep 25, 2009 01:31:22 am
      I think Aquilani will be the corner taker when he is fit enough to play ,that way it leaves Stevie,Lucas , Dirk , plus the attacking Agger and Skertel free

have you seen Aquilani shoot? check the video in his thread.. i want him outside the box.

Quick Reply