Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Spanish La Liga 09-10

Read 44870 times
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Re: Spanish La Liga 09-10
      Reply #322: May 02, 2010 11:18:55 am
      Bojan's goal last night was really nice.

yeah top quality
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #323: May 04, 2010 11:29:06 pm
      4-1 win for Barca tonight, Messi got 2 to take his tally to 44 for the season so far, Bojan and Pedro with a well taken goal each.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #324: May 04, 2010 11:32:14 pm
      4-1 win for Barca tonight, Messi got 2 to take his tally to 44 for the season so far, Bojan and Pedro with a well taken goal each.

Speechless. I think that's his highest so far. He's got 42 last season as well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #325: May 04, 2010 11:44:27 pm
      Speechless. I think that's his highest so far. He's got 42 last season as well.

And yet some people still persist on comparing him with Ronaldo, sure Ronaldo got 42 goals in one season but he couldn't follow it up and a lot of his were set pieces, Messi has taken the odd penalty and free kick here and there but most are in open play. Over 80 goals in 2 seasons for Messi is fantastic, and to think he could have had more because a few times he has won a penalty or already scored in that game so let someone else take it, done it with Ibra the other week.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #326: May 05, 2010 12:25:48 am
      And yet some people still persist on comparing him with Ronaldo, sure Ronaldo got 42 goals in one season but he couldn't follow it up and a lot of his were set pieces, Messi has taken the odd penalty and free kick here and there but most are in open play. Over 80 goals in 2 seasons for Messi is fantastic, and to think he could have had more because a few times he has won a penalty or already scored in that game so let someone else take it, done it with Ibra the other week.

One foot-note to bear in mind though is that La Liga is actually a very weak league - Messi wouldn't be anything like the force in England he is over there
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #327: May 05, 2010 12:30:47 am
      One foot-note to bear in mind though is that La Liga is actually a very weak league - Messi wouldn't be anything like the force in England he is over there

How can you say that when he has scored against English teams, not just simple goals either, they were well taken and of great quality. So there's a foot-note for you to bear in mind.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #328: May 05, 2010 12:39:05 am
      How can you say that when he has scored against English teams, not just simple goals either, they were well taken and of great quality. So there's a foot-note for you to bear in mind.

The physicality would be too much for him over here (a bit like Torres x5) - Inter just now are a very English like team and Messi didn't get a kick - Arsenal are a continental style team, and he destroyed them (although Arsenal were missing more than half a team that day, including their 2 centre-backs)

Another barometer to judge him by is what he does with Argentina (not much to date) - everything at Barca is centred around him. To his credit, he justifies it being so, but when you've got Iniesta/Xavi feeding you, your life is a lot easier
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #329: May 05, 2010 01:01:07 am
      You can't assume he won't succeed in the Premier League but also it won't be guaranteed he will take the Premier League by storm.

Fair enough that his team mates around him are world class and at least he isn't being arrogant about his achievements.

Ronaldo scored 42 goals (31 in the league) in 2007/2008 but he took alot of penalties as well.

And yes, it's crazy that people compare both Ronaldo and Messi because I think Messi is way on a different level. He's able to take on a whole team, change a game by himself and at only 22, that's very impressive as he's been doing that for a few seasons.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #330: May 05, 2010 01:05:21 am
      The physicality would be too much for him over here (a bit like Torres x5) - Inter just now are a very English like team and Messi didn't get a kick - Arsenal are a continental style team, and he destroyed them (although Arsenal were missing more than half a team that day, including their 2 centre-backs)

Another barometer to judge him by is what he does with Argentina (not much to date) - everything at Barca is centred around him. To his credit, he justifies it being so, but when you've got Iniesta/Xavi feeding you, your life is a lot easier

I wouldn't say Inter are a very English like team, they play far too defensive like every other Italian team and that is why they have had very little success against English teams, especially when playing in England.

Yes the Premier League is very physical and yes it does take effect on Nando at times but look at the player he has become since moving here, he was a really good player in Spain but the physical aspect has made him even better and now made him one of the best players around. Messi is probably one of the quickest and most agile players around, he very rarely gets out muscled because the other team can very rarely keep up with him and keep track of his movement. He is also really good in the air which is even more of an achievement seeing as he is so short. I agree with you about Arsenal being a continental style team but you cannot say that about United, in the Champions League final he caused them a lot of problems, had a really good game and scored a really good header. The only reason i can think of as to why he may struggle in the Premier League is because there are so few players who would be able to get on his wave length, at Barca the whole team know each other inside out and know exactly where to play the ball, you don't get that in England, even at the top teams because in the top teams in England there are only really about 4 or 5 World Class players within the whole team.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #331: May 05, 2010 01:15:47 am
      You can't assume he won't succeed in the Premier League but also it won't be guaranteed he will take the Premier League by storm.

Fair enough that his team mates around him are world class and at least he isn't being arrogant about his achievements.

Ronaldo scored 42 goals (31 in the league) in 2007/2008 but he took alot of penalties as well.

And yes, it's crazy that people compare both Ronaldo and Messi because I think Messi is way on a different level. He's able to take on a whole team, change a game by himself and at only 22, that's very impressive as he's been doing that for a few seasons.

I'd take Ronaldo over Messi for the PL because physically he is a beast - Messi over Ronaldo for La Liga because technically he is better
      Inter provided the blue-print on how to handle Messi (and Barca) - simply get in about them
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #332: May 05, 2010 01:21:28 am
      2 players we all want here combined for Valencia tonight.

Mata scored a free kick from some way out, then Silva set him up for a 2nd goal and then Mata set Silva up for a goal.

Bojan, Silva, Mata - 3 future Reds on the score sheet tonight then ;)
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #333: May 05, 2010 01:25:46 am

Mata scored a free kick from some way out, then Silva set him up for a 2nd goal and then Mata set Silva up for a goal.

Mata OR Silva - who d'you take?
      I'd take Mata myself
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #334: May 05, 2010 01:27:09 am
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #335: May 05, 2010 01:30:01 am
      Class goal.

Bojan:Ibra - only one winner for me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #336: May 05, 2010 01:40:23 am
      Mata OR Silva - who d'you take?
      I'd take Mata myself

Both, one for each wing ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #337: May 05, 2010 01:47:35 am

Well said, would really love them here. Spain really has an abundance of quality players, don't they?

It's hard to believe that Bojan's the same age as me!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #338: May 05, 2010 03:45:02 am

:jackoff:

What? I'm excited :D

Very weak league? Not so sure. Weaker, but not that weak.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #339: May 05, 2010 06:13:15 am
      What a goal!

Messi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's got nothing on Messi.

Oh, and Messi schooled ManU in the final. Last time i checked, they were in England ;)
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #340: May 05, 2010 11:59:18 am
      What a goal!

Messi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's got nothing on Messi.

Oh, and Messi schooled ManU in the final. Last time I checked, they were in England ;)

What you doing up at 5am my man ? :laugh: - too much FM me thinks
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #341: May 05, 2010 12:26:26 pm
      Not everybody is from the UK Henrik :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #342: May 05, 2010 03:43:19 pm
      It was quarter past 2 in the arvo when i made that post :D
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #343: May 05, 2010 07:47:44 pm
      It was quarter past 2 in the arvo when I made that post :D

oops :dunce2:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #344: May 05, 2010 09:33:13 pm
      Mardid vs Mallorca tonight. If Madrid slip up then i think that will all but confirm Barca as Champions.

Quick Reply