Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Fernando Torres
      (91.6%)
      Paul Mcshane
      (4.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (1.5%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (0%)
      Albert Riera
      (0.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (1.5%)

Liverpool 6 - 1 Hull City: Post Match Delirium

Read 20242 times
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Re: Liverpool 6 - 1 Hull City: Post Match Delirium
      Reply #23: Sep 26, 2009 05:16:31 pm
      Torres was simply fantastic! What a great weekend  :aaliverpool2xt1: I only thought of a win by 3 goals but 6 is awesome!!  :clap:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Sep 26, 2009 05:17:01 pm
      What you think of Gerrard's goal? Did he really try to shoot or was it supposed to be a cross? haha
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #25: Sep 26, 2009 05:17:03 pm
      I actually don't think he played that well, thought the midfield and defence was poor for sixty minutes, Gerrard and Lucas couldn't keep the ball but Hull completely fell apart after the fourth. Delighted for Babel every though his second goal was flucky. Not bad when you don't play well and still able to win by six, oh ya Torres is the best striker in the world. Off topic go on Wigan.

Are you kidding me. He was brilliant
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 170 posts |
      Reply #26: Sep 26, 2009 05:18:26 pm
      What you think of Gerrard's goal? Did he really try to shoot or was it supposed to be a cross? haha

Its Steven Gerrard we are talking about here Diego. What do you think? :P
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Sep 26, 2009 05:19:04 pm
      Proud of my city proud of my club.

That's exactly how I feel right now mate.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Sep 26, 2009 05:20:38 pm

Surely a cross. Not even he would attempt to hit it in, i think he aimed for Fernando at the far post.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Liverpool - Hull 6-1 post game comments
      Reply #29: Sep 26, 2009 05:22:21 pm
      Fantastic result to put six past a team that 'parked the bus' so to speak, we were still a bit unconvincing defensively but an improved performance from Carra will help the situation a little.

MOM well you can't go past Torres he got a hat-trick and looks to be getting back to his best. I also thought that Insua had a great game aswell Fabio is going to have a bit of trouble forcing his way back into the side if Jim continues to play like that, Gerrard great goal he had a reasonable game not at his best yet but he's getting there, Yossi I believe had a couple of assists in there his dribbling at times was really causing the hull defence problems and also Kuyt played really well got an assist and had his usual high work rate. Carra isn't back to his best yet but I think his performance will at least for now silence his critics. Pepe not keeping a clean sheet was by all means no fault of his own a pretty good game overall (just please keep away from the half-way line ;)).

Lucas, he didn't have a bad game but it wasn't his best performance of the season he got into the game abit more late in the second half but by then the win was sealed he wasn't poor by any means but he'll need to play better than that if he wants to challenge Aquilani for a spot in the first team once he recovers. Riera well he did one or two good things the problem is he does something good and then goes missing for 15 mins he's lucky he wasn't subbed tbh. Johnson quiet first half got a bit more into the game in the second but I think he needs to improve on that performance. Skrtel didn't have a great game his poor clearance cost us a goal and I'm not convinced that his place in the starting 11 will be safe once Dagger recovers from injury.

As for the subs Babel he got two goals would of had a hat-trick if it wasn't for his shocking attempt at a header, I don't think center forward is his best position but he did what would've been asked of him. Voronin played one or two good passes however he's not first team material at all IMO he tried is about all you could say. Mascha only had 10 mins or so on the pitch so it's pretty hard to comment on his performance I think he'd be disappointed to be left on the bench and will want to prove himself in his next game.

All in all I'm happy with the result we need to improve the defending and one or two players need to improve but apart from that an excellent performance. ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Sep 26, 2009 05:23:52 pm

Cross, but every player who puts them into that kind of area knows that can happen, Reina knows all about that :D Thats the thing with dangerous crosses like that, on the goal line they are always a chance. Gerrard's cross was just to good :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #31: Sep 26, 2009 05:25:32 pm
      It's ironic that I thought it wasn't Lucas' best perfomance this season and a few people have said he played really well maybe that shows how good a judge I am of performances. ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Sep 26, 2009 05:26:11 pm
      Alonso who? :laugh:

Didn't get to see or listen to the game but from what i have heard and read it was a great performance. Can't wait until match of the day and when the match is shown again on LFCTV, will give my thoughts on the game then.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #33: Sep 26, 2009 05:26:55 pm

great performance , especially in the 2nd
       Torres, brilliant
        The rest very good  and that's including the subs
       well done rafa and lads
        YNWA
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: Sep 26, 2009 05:28:43 pm
      Well, you couldn't ask for much more than that!
      Top draw performance, on to Tuesday now!
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #35: Sep 26, 2009 05:28:50 pm
      Torres was AMAZING.

I thought Gerrard was very poor today, but that goal of his was unbelievable.
      Gerrard-08
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #36: Sep 26, 2009 05:31:26 pm
      Absolutley fantastic performance.  :kop5cf8koxp6: Glad to see Torres get his hat-trick, as it will boost his confidence (if he needs it! he was different class today).  Also pleased for Babel to get on the scoresheet. Chelsea loosing was a bonus :D

Important game on tues now..   :aaliverpool2xt1:
      YNWA
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #37: Sep 26, 2009 05:32:43 pm
      Why isn't Insua in the poll? I thought he had a great game today.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: Sep 26, 2009 05:36:15 pm
      Why isn't Insua in the poll? I thought he had a great game today.

Same as i thought, my MOM if Torres hadn't played that blinder he did.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #39: Sep 26, 2009 05:36:51 pm
      Fantastic result to put six past a team that 'parked the bus' so to speak, we were still a bit unconvincing defensively but an improved performance from Carra will help the situation a little.

MOM well you can't go past Torres he got a hat-trick and looks to be getting back to his best. I also thought that Insua had a great game aswell Fabio is going to have a bit of trouble forcing his way back into the side if Jim continues to play like that, Gerrard great goal he had a reasonable game not at his best yet but he's getting there, Yossi I believe had a couple of assists in there his dribbling at times was really causing the hull defence problems and also Kuyt played really well got an assist and had his usual high work rate. Carra isn't back to his best yet but I think his performance will at least for now silence his critics. Pepe not keeping a clean sheet was by all means no fault of his own a pretty good game overall (just please keep away from the half-way line ;)).

Lucas, he didn't have a bad game but it wasn't his best performance of the season he got into the game abit more late in the second half but by then the win was sealed he wasn't poor by any means but he'll need to play better than that if he wants to challenge Aquilani for a spot in the first team once he recovers. Riera well he did one or two good things the problem is he does something good and then goes missing for 15 mins he's lucky he wasn't subbed tbh. Johnson quiet first half got a bit more into the game in the second but I think he needs to improve on that performance. Skrtel didn't have a great game his poor clearance cost us a goal and I'm not convinced that his place in the starting 11 will be safe once Dagger recovers from injury.

As for the subs Babel he got two goals would of had a hat-trick if it wasn't for his shocking attempt at a header, I don't think center forward is his best position but he did what would've been asked of him. Voronin played one or two good passes however he's not first team material at all IMO he tried is about all you could say. Mascha only had 10 mins or so on the pitch so it's pretty hard to comment on his performance I think he'd be disappointed to be left on the bench and will want to prove himself in his next game.

All in all I'm happy with the result we need to improve the defending and one or two players need to improve but apart from that an excellent performance. ;D
      Great comment but for the highlighted part  I thought it was Carra's fault because he came rushing in on Skrtel and left space for Geovanni to exploit. I was going for 3 goal win but f**k this was awesome. Although sometimes we did let them control the midfield but overall performance was absolutely brilliant.
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #40: Sep 26, 2009 05:38:12 pm
      these are the games we have been drawing in the past. 6-1 flattered us slightly, but im totally over the moon. well played lads
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Sep 26, 2009 05:38:21 pm
      We couldn't get a grip of the midfield till we got the 4th goal, thought Gerrard and Lucas were fairly average today, Lucas may have edged it over the two, Lucas came into the game later on but Hull had fallen apart at that stage.

I was very impressed with Insua thought he was outstanding, he really is going to be top class delighted to see him get a call up as well. Also pleased for Babel I think if we can get his confidence up we could see all Ryans potential this season remember he is still only 21.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Sep 26, 2009 05:40:08 pm
      these are the games we have been drawing in the past. 6-1 flattered us slightly, but im totally over the moon. well played lads

Flattered us? sh*t, i think the '1' in the scoreline flatters them!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #43: Sep 26, 2009 05:41:10 pm
      Great comment but for the highlighted part  I thought it was Carra's fault because he came rushing in on Skrtel and left space for Geovanni to exploit. I was going for 3 goal win but f**k this was awesome. Although sometimes we did let them control the midfield but overall performance was absolutely brilliant.
      There was space there but it was a poor header from Skrtel he really should have cleared the ball insted it went straight to Giovanni.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #44: Sep 26, 2009 05:43:27 pm
      Torres... Best striker in the world... Insua could be the best left back in the league Aurelio got a big fight to win back his place. Lucas is a star in the making he was so compose and relax in the middle... Babel is getting back to his best... Gerrard too is getting back to his best.
      leeper1892
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 99 posts | -2 
      Reply #45: Sep 26, 2009 05:43:52 pm
      what i was getting at was that ther are still mistakes being made

Quick Reply