Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Our players compared to the mancs

Read 14617 times
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Re: Our players compared to the mancs
      Reply #92: Sep 29, 2009 02:54:09 pm
      What is with you new boys coming on and slagging one of our greatest players straight away? For fucks sake. Like to see Rooney score a goal like Gerrard's on the weekend. Or like the Olympiakos one. Or the Cardiff one(s). Or the Newcastle one, or the Bolton one or the.. etc etc.

Who gives a f**k if Rooney is picked in that postion that is because Gerrard is a f**king midfielder as well and plays in that role for the England team.
      Anyone who would take Shrek over Gerrard get ya f**king head examined.

Well my point was Cappello does pick Rooney over Gerrard...does he need his head examined? I never said I rated Rooney better I said Cappello clearly does....I rate them about equal...Rooney has scored his fair share of great goals mind....the 40 yard volley against Newcastle?

I dont think people need to be attacked on here for merely trying to put forward an objective opinion on rival players...Rooneys a great player so is Gerrard...whos better comes entirely down to personal opinion...i dont see how one can claim either way in a concrete manner as i dont think that does the other justice...
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #93: Sep 29, 2009 03:08:19 pm

Blah blah blah blah Fabio Cappello blah blah blah

Would this be the same Fabio Cappello that couldn't beat Liverpool with whatever Italian side he managed.

Gerard Houllier and Rafa Benitez have both left him scratching his head after outwitting him.

And what's the big fascination with them inbred granny-shagging wankers all of a sudden.

I hope we tw*t them on the pitch, in the stands and all over Stanley Park on Oct 24th.

"The Famous Man Utd when to Rome to see the Pope"

Are you saying Fabio Cappelo is a poor manager then? im sorry but thats bollocks mate...Capello has managed the likes of Real Madrid/Juventus/Milan/Roma etc at club level....and won major titles with all of them some the biggest clubs in world football...hes now manager of the same England team who couldnt even qualify for the last major tournament and won every competative game hes taken charge of...hes one of the best and most respected managers in world football...most people know this..

As for the Rooney not being versatile comment...well Rooney played 90& of last season down the left hand side for the mancs did he not? how often has stevie played left wing for us? ill wager not even half as often as Rooney for the mancs therfore my point was surely it would be the easier option for cappello to select Rooney left and Gerrard off the front if he rated Gerrard the better player in that role? the fact he selects Rooney as his prefered second striker and pushes stevie out wide to compensate suggests he rates Rooney the better player of the two...thats all im saying..

Rooneys not as versatile as Gerrard but hes not the 1 trick pony a lot on here are making out..he can and has played all sorts of roles in the final third of the pitch from wide to central to off the front etc...i think some need to take the hate blinkers off and show a little respect for quality footballers...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #94: Sep 29, 2009 03:14:09 pm
      I think Rooney is quality but to me, he isn't better than Gerrard.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #95: Sep 29, 2009 03:18:05 pm

Their defence kept 14 clean sheets in a row last season....14! needless to say an all time record..they had the best defence in the league last season and the season before that with Ferdinand and Vidic together....this season theyve only conceded 6 goals weve conceded almost twice that and yet people on here rate Carragher and Skrtel/Agger better defenders???? unbelivable how blind some people are...

OK , well I'm having my go ....everyone else mentioned pretty much everything else but i wanted to state something about this point .
      I think Skrtel and Agger are great defender both are younger than Vidic or Ferdinand and if Agger didn't get so many injures he'd get much more praise . And our defense is shaky right now but Rafa will sort it out . Well did they go on a goal rush like we did ? Scoring goals is more important than conceded them , after all that how you win the match by scoring goals not by conceding the least ( ok that doesn't really make much sense but you get my point)  .
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #96: Sep 29, 2009 03:19:19 pm
      Who says im being biased? We all know Gerrard is streets ahead of Rooney, f**k. I'm just pissed at so called Liverpool fans thinking otherwise! I will admit where they are better, such as having players like Giggs and Scholes being able to come off the bench at times, but Rooney better than Gerrard? F**k off.
      They don't even play in the same position at the moment!!  Gerrard is more versatile than Rooney, but the ugly gimp is till very good!!!  and don't call me a so called Liverpool fan!!!!!!!! I've been supporting and travelling to watch LFC for over 30 years. Being rational and putting forward a sensible point doesn't make you a lesser fan than any other.  you ought to read Brian reade's book '43 years with the same bird'.  there's a man who has supported the reds all his life and is fanatical, but is now old and wise enough to talk about other teams and players in a balanced way.

Regards,
      A so called Liverpool fan:-(
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #97: Sep 29, 2009 03:23:20 pm
      I've stayed outta this thread for 2 reasons. 1) it's pointless to begin with and 2) why compare our players with United's, why not Hull's or Bolton's or Ayr's? It's just another case of Liverpool fans having to talk about United and it drives me up the F***ing wall if I'm being honest.

But since I'm reading a rather heated debate, I can't keep me nose out and wanna get involved to.

So firstly yes United do have some great players and have dominated the English game since the inception of the Premiership. Yes Capello may pick their players over ours but that is his opinion, that doesn't mean it's F***ing gospel. On top of that there's plenty of Liverpool legends who hardly got the number of caps they deserved, that doesn't mean they weren't better than those who were selected. Cally, Tommy Smith, Jimmy Case, God, Carra to name but a few who were sh*t on by the national side.

Frankly I couldn't give a F**k who Capello thinks is the better player, in the same way I couldn't give a F**k how many sugars he has in his tea. This is the same Fabio Capello who not so long ago questioned whether or not Stevie was fit, despite our doctor (and the England U-21's doctor) telling him our captain was injured. So he has a problem with our skipper. This is the same Fabio Capello who picks Carlton Cole for his England squads, are we led to believe Cole is the greatest thing since slice bread then because he gets called up the national side? This is the same Fabio Capello who at one point had Emile Heskey as the number one forward, first name on the team sheet. Just because Capello picks Rooney ahead of Steive to play off the forward doesn't mean Rooney is the better player. It just means Capello sees it that way, Rafa might not. And since Benitez is managing the most successful side on these shores, I'll take his opinion over any Italian wop or a cheating, whinging, crying, drunk Scottish c**t.

And I can state quite confidently once Joe Cole regains fitness, Gerrard will be playing in the hole. Rooney up top, Stevie behind him, Cole on the left. That's the way Capello will be going so all of a sudden Stevie will be the better option won't he. So shut the F**k up in trying to convince people that Rooney is a better player than Gerrard, he isn't. It's as simple as that, he isn't.

Gerrard is the most complete player in the world right now. Rooney doesn't even come close to that, he's just a F***ing dirty b***ard who can't tackle, just kicks you until you give him the ball. He's good, but Gerrard is world class. That's the difference.

Now for the point of the thread.

Reina is twice the keeper Van Der Sar was in his prime, let alone now.
      Johnson pisses all over any of their right backs.
      Carra is a better out and out defender than Vidic.
      Agger is a better defender and ball player than Ferdinand despite the former Hammer costing six times as much.
      Aurelio's delivery and defending is much better than Evra's.
      Kuyt will score more, create more and do more than Valencia.
      Lucas is easily better than Anderson.
      Mascherano's a better player than Carrick in every department.
      Riera is better than Giggs because the Welshman is picking up his pension.
      Gerrard is the best player on the planet so poor old Rooney doesn't come close.
      Torres is better than anything they have in terms of a forward.

(And by the way that isn't even our best team because I'd have Skrtel ahead of Agger, Insua ahead of Aurelio, Benayoun ahead of Riera. Just thought I'd show how strong our squad is.)
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #98: Sep 29, 2009 03:27:04 pm
      They don't even play in the same position at the moment!!  Gerrard is more versatile than Rooney, but the ugly gimp is till very good!!!  and don't call me a so called Liverpool fan!!!!!!!! I've been supporting and travelling to watch LFC for over 30 years. Being rational and putting forward a sensible point doesn't make you a lesser fan than any other.  you ought to read Brian reade's book '43 years with the same bird'.  there's a man who has supported the reds all his life and is fanatical, but is now old and wise enough to talk about other teams and players in a balanced way.

Regards,
      A so called Liverpool fan:-(

Yeah well said mate....there seems to be this attitude on here where by if you dont call all our players the best in the world ever ever ever and give any praise to other teams players no matter how good everyone clearly knows they are your not a true fan...utter bollocks....why cant people have an honest discussion without resorting to abuse all the time its ridiculous...

Looks like being rational is frowned upon...i should just follow the sheep be a mindless fanboi and not have an opinion right huyton red??...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #99: Sep 29, 2009 03:27:21 pm
      There's the answer to every single post here, including mine. Good post, DLS.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #100: Sep 29, 2009 03:34:57 pm

Yeah well said mate....there seems to be this attitude on here where by if you dont call all our players the best in the world ever ever ever and give any praise to other teams players no matter how good everyone clearly knows they are your not a true fan...utter bollocks....why cant people have an honest discussion without resorting to abuse all the time its ridiculous...

Looks like being rational is frowned upon...i should just follow the sheep be a mindless fanboi and not have an opinion right huyton red??...

Fucks sake lad, do you want me to start playing the violins for you?

If you took the time to read what most have said on here rather than play your pathetic attempt of a sympathy card, you'll see most have picked a few United players in their sides. Therefore even those "mindless fanbois" believe United have better players in certain positions. You'd also see that people have said Wayne Rooney is a good player - shock F***ing horror eh lad?

What people haven't said, and quite F***ing rightly an all, is Rooney is better than Gerrard. He isn't, simple as that. No point in people trying to make out he is, because he simply isn't. You, however, are trying to cover your own F***ing back by saying "it's not what I think but Capello does it", well if it's not what you think why give a flying toss what Capello does? If you think Stevie is the better of the two, then why mention Capello plays Rooney in the hole? What you really think is Rooney is better and you're trying to prove it by saying it's what Capello does. Trust me lad, you're not the first to try that trick on here. Some mindless c**t constantly uses what the "experts" say to prove his argument. I'd rather go on what I see, not what other people think.

You're not being rational, you're being a pr**k. Now stop because you're making yourself look stupid.
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #101: Sep 29, 2009 03:35:59 pm
      I've stayed outta this thread for 2 reasons. 1) it's pointless to begin with and 2) why compare our players with United's, why not Hull's or Bolton's or Ayr's? It's just another case of Liverpool fans having to talk about United and it drives me up the f**king wall if I'm being honest.

But since I'm reading a rather heated debate, I can't keep me nose out and wanna get involved to.

So firstly yes United do have some great players and have dominated the English game since the inception of the Premiership. Yes Capello may pick their players over ours but that is his opinion, that doesn't mean it's f**king gospel. On top of that there's plenty of Liverpool legends who hardly got the number of caps they deserved, that doesn't mean they weren't better than those who were selected. Cally, Tommy Smith, Jimmy Case, God, Carra to name but a few who were sh*t on by the national side.

Frankly I couldn't give a f**k who Capello thinks is the better player, in the same way I couldn't give a f**k how many sugars he has in his tea. This is the same Fabio Capello who not so long ago questioned whether or not Stevie was fit, despite our doctor (and the England U-21's doctor) telling him our captain was injured. So he has a problem with our skipper. This is the same Fabio Capello who picks Carlton Cole for his England squads, are we led to believe Cole is the greatest thing since slice bread then because he gets called up the national side? This is the same Fabio Capello who at one point had Emile Heskey as the number one forward, first name on the team sheet. Just because Capello picks Rooney ahead of Steive to play off the forward doesn't mean Rooney is the better player. It just means Capello sees it that way, Rafa might not. And since Benitez is managing the most successful side on these shores, I'll take his opinion over any Italian wop or a cheating, whinging, crying, drunk Scottish c**t.

And I can state quite confidently once Joe Cole regains fitness, Gerrard will be playing in the hole. Rooney up top, Stevie behind him, Cole on the left. That's the way Capello will be going so all of a sudden Stevie will be the better option won't he. So shut the f**k up in trying to convince people that Rooney is a better player than Gerrard, he isn't. It's as simple as that, he isn't.

Gerrard is the most complete player in the world right now. Rooney doesn't even come close to that, he's just a f**king dirty b***ard who can't tackle, just kicks you until you give him the ball. He's good, but Gerrard is world class. That's the difference.

Now for the point of the thread.

Reina is twice the keeper Van Der Sar was in his prime, let alone now.
      Johnson pisses all over any of their right backs.
      Carra is a better out and out defender than Vidic.
      Agger is a better defender and ball player than Ferdinand despite the former Hammer costing six times as much.
      Aurelio's delivery and defending is much better than Evra's.
      Kuyt will score more, create more and do more than Valencia.
      Lucas is easily better than Anderson.
      Mascherano's a better player than Carrick in every department.
      Riera is better than Giggs because the Welshman is picking up his pension.
      Gerrard is the best player on the planet so poor old Rooney doesn't come close.
      Torres is better than anything they have in terms of a forward.

(And by the way that isn't even our best team because I'd have Skrtel ahead of Agger, Insua ahead of Aurelio, Benayoun ahead of Riera. Just thought I'd show how strong our squad is.)

Right so basically your saying every single player in our team is better than every single one in theirs..so why havnt we won the league the past 3 years then? why have they conceded less goals if our defence and keeper are all better both individuall and collectively?? why havnt we finished above them in the league for so long? something dosnt add up with your selections..

Im sorry but theres being a fan then theres being blind and living in denial...Carragher better than Vidic? come on mate thats a piss take surely? Evras considered one of if not the best left back in the world right now yet you claim an uncapped 30 year old is his superior?? theres no logic here other than you pick from the heart not from the head..

Reina > Van Der sar
      Johnson > any of theirs
      Ferdinand > Agger/Skrtel
      Vidic > Carragher
      Evra > Aurelio

Mascherano > Fletcher
      Scholes > Lucas

Kuyt > Valencia
      Rooney <> Gerrard (even)
      Giggs > Benayoun

Torres > Berbatov

thats more a fair and balanced opinion...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #102: Sep 29, 2009 03:38:33 pm

Right so basically your saying every single player in our team is better than every single one in theirs

Yes!
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #103: Sep 29, 2009 03:40:30 pm

Well my point was Cappello does pick Rooney over Gerrard...does he need his head examined? I never said I rated Rooney better I said Cappello clearly does....I rate them about equal...Rooney has scored his fair share of great goals mind....the 40 yard volley against Newcastle?

I dont think people need to be attacked on here for merely trying to put forward an objective opinion on rival players...Rooneys a great player so is Gerrard...whos better comes entirely down to personal opinion...I dont see how one can claim either way in a concrete manner as I dont think that does the other justice...

Do you mean the 20 yard volley against Newcastle?

Listen mate, this is the worst attempt of a Manc wind-up I have ever seen. Not one of your posts on this forum has not been related to United, that says something, especially since nearly all of them are also praising them.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #104: Sep 29, 2009 03:44:00 pm
      Talking about Gerrard being lazy, I think Riquelme is the laziest player i can think of;less running but brilliant throughpasses. Berbaflop was another one lazy donkey. Have you ever see him running around the pitch like a madman? If you said Gerrard being lazy than you have to read the other thread about how 'lazy' Gerrard are when combined with Torres. It was the same 'lazy' ol' Gerrard who gave us the inspirational goal when we gave Milan a miraculous comeback in Istanbul. It was the 'lazy' Gerrard who defied his lethargic leg and fired a thunderbolt during the FA final. So talking about lazy, i think Fat Frank is the laziest SOB I can think of. How many of his goals came from penalties or deflected shot?

On the Reina vs VDS s**te. Who was VDS before he signed for the scum? A mediocre goalie from Fulham and before that nobody heard where he came from. Even when he was in Fulham, they never got higher than 10th position i presume. But Reina being the better of both was at Barca before he was transferred to Villareal and I think Villareal is one of the prominent teams in La Liga; never went lower than 8th position. A keeper of Reina's calibre is only matched by Cech in PL. Not to mention 3 golden gloves in a row.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #105: Sep 29, 2009 03:45:12 pm

Right so basically your saying every single player in our team is better than every single one in theirs..
      quite simply put... YES! :D ;D
      Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #106: Sep 29, 2009 03:48:09 pm

Fair enough then....theres not much if any logic behind that view but fair enough....
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #107: Sep 29, 2009 03:53:47 pm
      It's all getting a bit heated here. that's what talking about the scum does to us!!  anyway, Rooney is a good player as i've stated and has started this season in great form.  in past seasons he has been nowhere near the quality of Gerrard and he also is nowhere near as versatile.  Gerrard will fit into several different positions and make an impact.

Look at England.  Rooney is playing much more a strikers role, with Fat Frank in central Mildfield (the only position he can play), where as or Stevie has been given more of a roaming free role by Cappello.  i think they shows how good Cappello thinks he is.  no other player could be so versatile and create so much for his team mates and still score goals.  Rooney is very good but Stevie is just overall, so much better.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #108: Sep 29, 2009 03:53:59 pm

Fair enough then....theres not much if any logic behind that view but fair enough....

There's not much logic in signing up today and then having a screen name from the song we had for Crouch. Crouch has gone lad and went a while back, so it's pretty obvious you're not up to date on Liverpool.

Good try, but like all United fans you're pretty F***ing stupid. Next time you wanna join us though, pick a more recent song. At least then you could say you knew who was actually at the squad and who wasn't.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #109: Sep 29, 2009 04:32:11 pm

Are you saying Fabio Cappelo is a poor manager then? im sorry but thats bollocks mate...Capello has managed the likes of Real Madrid/Juventus/Milan/Roma etc at club level....and won major titles with all of them some the biggest clubs in world football...hes now manager of the same England team who couldnt even qualify for the last major tournament and won every competative game hes taken charge of...hes one of the best and most respected managers in world football...most people know this..

As for the Rooney not being versatile comment...well Rooney played 90& of last season down the left hand side for the mancs did he not? how often has stevie played left wing for us? ill wager not even half as often as Rooney for the mancs therfore my point was surely it would be the easier option for cappello to select Rooney left and Gerrard off the front if he rated Gerrard the better player in that role? the fact he selects Rooney as his prefered second striker and pushes stevie out wide to compensate suggests he rates Rooney the better player of the two...thats all im saying..

Rooneys not as versatile as Gerrard but hes not the 1 trick pony a lot on here are making out..he can and has played all sorts of roles in the final third of the pitch from wide to central to off the front etc...i think some need to take the hate blinkers off and show a little respect for quality footballers...

Christ I'm sick of saying this I'm Scouse, Not english, so I couldn't give a F**k about England. Liverpool are the team I support and quite simply everytime Fabio Cappello has managed a team against Liverpool, we have done the business.

By the way, what do say then about Cappello not even picking Michael Owen?

One other thing it proves is what a quality, versatile player Gerrard is, that he can easily play behind the striker, on the left or the right.

In comparison to Rooney who everytime he has been moved to the right by Fergie, has looked sh*te.

I've never said our players are the best in the world, but you're constant arse-licking of the mancs is a tad F***ing annoying, especially as those bas**rds are totally obsessed about all things Liverpool. And for that matter Rooney absolutely hates us as a club!

fanboi - what type of F***ing word is that?

Hesbighesred
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -7 
      Reply #110: Sep 29, 2009 05:19:52 pm
      A 'fanboi' is someone whos totaly blinded by bias/hatred whatever word you want to use and so sees everything in black and white...ie if one player plays for liverpool and the other for United then immediatly the supporter of said club claims their player is better and the other is sh*te out of sheer dislike for the rival club...not an argument or a well reasoned debate more a foul mouthed tirade out of agression and dislike for any rival player...

Basically a fanboi is a one eyed football fan who cant see beyond his own club...

I never once said I liked Rooney I never even once said I consider him better than Gerrard..I consider them both very evenly matched...I dont have to like someone to respect them and I think Rooneys a great player and one id love to have seen in a red shirt I think he and Torres would be the ultimate strike duo...unfortunatly thatll never happen but I respect him as a top player United player or not....

I dont see how thats arse licking anyone its more like giving an objective honest opinion on a rival teams player whos widely accepted as a top top footballer...

As for Owen not being picked for England...well simply because Defoes been in great form and better than Owen right now Rooneys a much better player Heskey is a different option as is crouchy therfore Owens not yet considered an option by cappello...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #111: Sep 29, 2009 05:32:27 pm
      A 'fanboi' is someone whos totaly blinded by bias/hatred whatever word you want to use and so sees everything in black and white...ie if one player plays for liverpool and the other for United then immediatly the supporter of said club claims their player is better and the other is sh*te out of sheer dislike for the rival club...not an argument or a well reasoned debate more a foul mouthed tirade out of agression and dislike for any rival player...

Basically a fanboi is a one eyed football fan who cant see beyond his own club...

I never once said I liked Rooney I never even once said I consider him better than Gerrard..I consider them both very evenly matched...I dont have to like someone to respect them and I think Rooneys a great player and one id love to have seen in a red shirt I think he and Torres would be the ultimate strike duo...unfortunatly thatll never happen but I respect him as a top player United player or not....

I dont see how thats arse licking anyone its more like giving an objective honest opinion on a rival teams player whos widely accepted as a top top footballer...

As for Owen not being picked for England...well simply because Defoes been in great form and better than Owen right now Rooneys a much better player Heskey is a different option as is crouchy therfore Owens not yet considered an option by cappello...

Basically what your saying is a supporter then.

As I've said I support Liverpool, I have a season ticket, why the F**k would I give a sh*t about Utd?

Maybe you should lighten up and stop taking things so seriously, this is after-all just the internet and realise the majority of Liverpool fans couldn't give a shiny sh*te about
      Rooney and the rest of the goblins from Salford.

Fanboi = bad wool word.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #112: Sep 29, 2009 05:43:20 pm
      F**k this Forum is fastly become a UTD forum, with all the Mancs signing up then and then when you click see all new Posts they are Man Utd dominated, "Fergies Extra Time", "Compare the Mancs", "Laugh at the Mancs", "Micheal Owen" & I'm sure theres more, just F**k off UTD !!!!!!!!
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #113: Sep 29, 2009 05:53:24 pm
      As some have said its the depth of squad where were found wanting, our starting 11 are as good as  f not better than our main rivals and i wouldnt swap them . Of the Ferdinand v Carra , all i would say on that is Ferdinands back is shot and hes never going to be the same player he was when he was younger. People have been taking chunks out of Carra of late.. but can the same be said of Ferdinand and his shitty performances WHEN he can play?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #114: Sep 29, 2009 05:58:14 pm
      As some have said its the depth of squad where were found wanting, our starting 11 are as good as  f not better than our main rivals and I wouldnt swap them . Of the Ferdinand v Carra , all I would say on that is Ferdinands back is shot and hes never going to be the same player he was when he was younger. People have been taking chunks out of Carra of late.. but can the same be said of Ferdinand and his shitty performances WHEN he can play?

To be honest we've got our very own Ferdinand playing in the ressies tonight, step forward mr Agger, he's easily as accomplished as Ferdinand as a footballing center back & I would say when fit he's easily as sound defensively, but theres one thing Daggers got that Rio hasn't and thats the ability to come from defense and unleash a left foot rocket into the top corner :D

Quick Reply