Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre Match: AFC Fiorentina v Liverpool FC

Read 11885 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: AFC Fiorentina vs. Liverpool FC: CL Group Stage, Pre-Match thread
      Reply #23: Sep 28, 2009 01:34:09 pm
      Lads we are off to Italy for a champions league game. Anybody who thinks this will be handy needs looking at themselves. Yossi and Masch out are 2 big blows. Id like to see Babel play on the right with Kuyt pushing up behind Nando to start with.

Draw here wouldn't be a disaster with no injuries prior to Sunday!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Sep 28, 2009 01:52:41 pm
      I've every confidence we will get a result, Italian football is not what it used to be and if the lads play the game at a premiership pace I don't think the Italians will be able to cope with it.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #25: Sep 28, 2009 01:59:19 pm
      Yes its true the Italian game aint what it was but we cant afford to get ahead of ourselves either, I agree with Bri and a draw wouldnt be the worse result, excellent if the boys get the win though obviously. Just said Masch and Yossi are out through injury and illness, but didnt say which or who[SSN].
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #26: Sep 28, 2009 02:04:58 pm
      Yossi had the injury [calf] and Masch was ill, neither travelled.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: Sep 28, 2009 02:06:19 pm
      Ah that'll just be Rafa actually resting players for the Champions League game, because of the Chelsea match.

Bit of an odd move Rafa!  :D
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #28: Sep 28, 2009 02:34:40 pm
      Hadn't heard about Yossi, but it's on .tv that Masch didn't travel because of a tight hamstring.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #29: Sep 28, 2009 02:39:45 pm
      It says on the offal that Masch has a tight hamstring and hasn't travelled. Apparently Yossi is fit and has travelled though.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #30: Sep 28, 2009 04:06:07 pm
      According to the official site, Yossi is in Italy right now.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #31: Sep 28, 2009 04:18:09 pm
      I think we'll win comfortabley enough, 4-1. Torres with a brace , Gerrard & Kuyt.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #32: Sep 28, 2009 04:20:38 pm
      Heard about Masch, nothing about Yossi. Lets hope we have Benny.. 3 points one way or another would be ideal
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Sep 28, 2009 04:30:50 pm
      Masch is a massive loss in a game like this, hope he is fit for Chelsea at the weekend.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #34: Sep 28, 2009 04:36:52 pm
      Lads we are off to Italy for a champions league game. Anybody who thinks this will be handy needs looking at themselves. Yossi and Masch out are 2 big blows. Id like to see Babel play on the right with Kuyt pushing up behind Nando to start with.

Draw here wouldn't be a disaster with no injuries prior to Sunday!

With masch out I think kuyt should stay on the right, especially with ants in his pants johnson constantly running intot he opponents box. He's up against vargas whose is a good attacking left back so we need to defend.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #35: Sep 28, 2009 04:53:10 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5589324,00.html

Javier Mascherano and Yossi Benayoun have been ruled out of Liverpool's UEFA Champions League clash with Fiorentina.

The midfield pair have not travelled with the rest of the squad to Italy for Tuesday's Group E tie due to illness and injury respectively.

Maschaerano, who made a late appearance off the bench in the weekend win over Hull City, is suffering from sickness, while Benayoun picked up a leg knock in the same game.

Argentine enforcer Mascherano was expected to return to the starting line-up against Fiorentina, but his absence means Steven Gerrard is likely to continue in midfield alongside Lucas Leiva.

Ryan Babel will be hoping to get the nod to replace Benayoun in the starting line-up after his two-goal show as a substitute against Hull.
      Return
      Meanwhile, Daniel Agger is set to make his return to action for the reserves on Tuesday night.

Agger has been pencilled in to feature in the reserves' clash with Manchester City after recovering from a back injury.

The Danish international has not featured this season after being forced to undergo surgery on the problem and Liverpool reserve team boss John McMahon believes it is an ideal game for the defender to make his return.

"It is fantastic to see Daniel back and it's a great boost for everyone at the club," McMahon told the club's official website.

"It's always great to see quality players come back from injury and this will be a perfect game for him to make his comeback.

"It's a fantastic stadium with a great pitch and it is always a fantastic boost for the young lads when they have a top professional like Daniel playing alongside them.

"The young lads look up to him and they can learn from him as well."
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #36: Sep 28, 2009 04:57:46 pm
      No idea how I'm going to watch this at the minute. I finish Uni at 19:30 on Tuesday.

Wondering whether to rush to a pub, or to avoid the score and tape the match so I can watch when I get home. I would say pub, but I'm not sure yet when the last train is and I'll be absolutely starving.

Anyway, I doubt this will be a walkover, Fiorentina are a really decent side. I'm confident though.

You know what.. just stream it in the lecture :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #37: Sep 28, 2009 05:54:43 pm
      I can watch it ;) but i need a TV.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #38: Sep 28, 2009 06:00:04 pm
      Babel in for Yossi?   Come on you Ryan!
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #39: Sep 28, 2009 06:49:54 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5589324,00.html

Javier Mascherano and Yossi Benayoun have been ruled out of Liverpool's UEFA Champions League clash with Fiorentina.

The midfield pair have not travelled with the rest of the squad to Italy for Tuesday's Group E tie due to illness and injury respectively.

Maschaerano, who made a late appearance off the bench in the weekend win over Hull City, is suffering from sickness, while Benayoun picked up a leg knock in the same game.

Argentine enforcer Mascherano was expected to return to the starting line-up against Fiorentina, but his absence means Steven Gerrard is likely to continue in midfield alongside Lucas Leiva.

Ryan Babel will be hoping to get the nod to replace Benayoun in the starting line-up after his two-goal show as a substitute against Hull.
      Return
      Meanwhile, Daniel Agger is set to make his return to action for the reserves on Tuesday night.

Agger has been pencilled in to feature in the reserves' clash with Manchester City after recovering from a back injury.

The Danish international has not featured this season after being forced to undergo surgery on the problem and Liverpool reserve team boss John McMahon believes it is an ideal game for the defender to make his return.

"It is fantastic to see Daniel back and it's a great boost for everyone at the club," McMahon told the club's official website.

"It's always great to see quality players come back from injury and this will be a perfect game for him to make his comeback.

"It's a fantastic stadium with a great pitch and it is always a fantastic boost for the young lads when they have a top professional like Daniel playing alongside them.

"The young lads look up to him and they can learn from him as well."

The thing about Mash and Yossi seems way off, as there were 2 press releases in the official site and nothing about Yossi.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #40: Sep 28, 2009 08:17:35 pm
      A slender win or a score draw would be a very satisfactory result ( with the Chelsea game in mind.) Anyway I am off to my mate's tomorrow night to watch the game. Will enjoy a few cans a whole lot better with the right result. :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #41: Sep 28, 2009 11:29:37 pm
      Had a text off one of the lads who goes all the European aways, that Fiorentina have a banner already up in the ground proclaiming "Your story to us is legend."
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #42: Sep 28, 2009 11:32:59 pm
      That's great. Almost enough to bring a tear to your eye that. We do for the most part get on well with the opposition's fans. Was stood for ages after the Debrecen game applauding their fans from The Kop.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #43: Sep 28, 2009 11:46:59 pm
      0-0 or 1-0 us im going for, italians dont let in too much goals
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #44: Sep 28, 2009 11:47:49 pm
      0-0 or 1-0 us im going for, italians dont let in too much goals
      Have you heard of this guy called Dossena? ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #45: Sep 28, 2009 11:49:59 pm
      That's great. Almost enough to bring a tear to your eye that. We do for the most part get on well with the opposition's fans. Was stood for ages after the Debrecen game applauding their fans from The Kop.

You do know what it's for though don't you.

My dark mind think's it is something to do with 1985 and Fiorentina's absolute hatred of everything Juve.

Just saying.

Quick Reply