Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Were we like the Mancs when we were ruling??

Read 11984 times
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Re: Were we like the Mancs when we were ruling??
      Reply #69: May 24, 2009 11:22:31 am
       ;D RedPuppy..

Very interesting topic this, I can't add anything more pertinent. The distinction between fans and supporters is spot on. These days, the media hype to only focusing on  bad individuals and bad behavior is deforming the bigger picture, there are lot more good football people in stadiums then the media want us to believe...

I also welcome fans from other clubs here, as long as they respect the Forum Rules like me, have no issues with that.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #70: May 24, 2009 11:33:06 am
      Yeah you got to know your limits. Don't want a stranger coming to your acting like he owns it right! There's a line that everybody should follow especially King Cantuna...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #71: May 24, 2009 01:07:25 pm
      Can - Tuna  :lmao:

Dont Forget What Rooney Looks Like Doing Pretty Boys Hair...

King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #72: May 24, 2009 01:39:46 pm
      Yeah you got to know your limits. Don't want a stranger coming to your acting like he owns it right! There's a line that everybody should follow especially King Cantuna...

I don't cross any line but many Liverpool fans do all the time...

I am always respectful but am met with abuse and when I reply in kind I'm accused of crossing a line......

Well pardon me for going in the the 70s and 80s and remembering it as it truly was instead of the rose tinted view you have of it....
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #73: May 24, 2009 03:09:13 pm
      OK Gavinox Im In Here For Mr King Cantona.

AllRight M-A-N-K-E-R.

So you really want to know why we will never be like you and reading an excerpt from the Mirror Online there is no f------ing way we would want to be like you.
      We think we have business problems with Hansel and Gretel?
      Well.
      We will probably get rid of them.

Just for you. Last day of the season. Have a read of this little tome...

(........Just as you finish your sentences.....)

From the Mirror.Co.Uk

You could do a lot worse than trying to make sense of Manchester United's yearly accounts (for the year leading up to June 2008) filed at London’s Company House .
      Fortunately for anyone who doesn’t want to do this, I’ve done it for you. It was a dirty job, and it was me what had to do it.
      The figures are dazzling, even blinding. Putting on my darkest sunglasses, this is the bit that sticks out.

Despite a turnover of more than £250 million, the aptly named Red Devils incurred an operating loss of more than £26 million (after tax).

This means that even in a year when the club won both the Premier League title and the Champions League – as well as progressing to the quarter finals of the FA Cup – they STILL couldn’t make any money !

The organisation’s debts stand at almost £700 million!
      It seems dazzling to say this, but the so called world’s best football team, (sic) a side so good they play to packed stadia wherever they roam, provide a lousy business model for how to run a company.

This, surely, is quite some carry-on.

My favourite part of the report, though, comes when the group’s board of directors – whose eight members include more than six with the surname Glazer – claim that their stated aims are to ‘[Treat] fans as customers.’
      Customers, eh? Now that’s a novel approach. I wonder what other ways the club could have thought to treat those who pay to watch the team play?

Animals, perhaps?

Dupes and idiots?

Prisoners?

Actually that last one isn’t that wide of the mark.
      Money men in the safe-as-doll-houses world of the financial markets have a phrase to describe those of us who pay money to watch football.
      That phrase is ‘captive market.’
      Captive, as in not being free. YOU might call it loyalty, but THEY certainly do not.

The notion that the club might start ‘treating fans as customers’ will surprise some Manchester United fans, especially the ones who have lodged an official complaint about the club with the Office Of Fair Trading.
      These fans allege that even though they are season ticket holders they can not get tickets for key games, such as last season’s Champions League semi final home leg against FC Barcelona.

The question seems to be this: where is this all going to end?
      If MUFCPLC can’t make money in a season as successful as the last campaign then when will they make money?
      And how will they make it?
      Well, they’ll try to do it by squeezing the fans – the same fans that are described as being ‘captive’.

If you are a regular at Old Trafford and you are currently feeling the pinch of a recession then chances are you’ll soon be feeling it that little bit more.
      Probably any day now, when you have to fork out for a new season ticket.
      Be warned: the club you love will completely take the piss out of you.

Why?

Because it thinks that it must and believes that it can.

End

So there you go K.C.

Be like you.

Never. Dream On.

Manker?...........Oh I see what you did there, genius.... ::)....I guess you were educated at Oxford.....

Thank you eurored, but what's your point? Yes you can ask any United fan about the Glazers and you will get the same opinion, we all hate 'em. A club that was never in debt has sold it's soul to the devil, when you're a PLC you lay yourself open to what happened, the Glazers acquired enough shares to make a takeover, they had to borrow most of the money so United are saddled with a huge debt, once again I ask, what's your point?......
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #74: May 24, 2009 03:21:08 pm

Well pardon me for going in the the 70s and 80s and remembering it as it truly was instead of the rose tinted view you have of it....

I can go into the Sixties.

I can tell you exactly where I was on 13th December 1969.

Meeting Mankers off the trains before the game...and I didnt have rose tinted glasses.
      Just a red and white scarf wrapped round my wrist.

Id say the hatred is greater now for The Great Pretenders.

Just like Ferrari moaning at F1 when the money doesnt work.. so will United implode when the tap is turned off.
      No. To repeat myself. We were never like you.

Even if your Lord and Master Ferguson pulls off a third CL (European Cup) he will never be the gentleman and have the humility of Paisley.

There is an old saying.

Dont feel rich on borrowed money and THAT is where your quicksand success comes from.

THAT is the point.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #75: May 24, 2009 03:47:41 pm
      I can go into the Sixties.

I can tell you exactly where I was on 13th December 1969.

Meeting Mankers off the trains before the game...and I didnt have rose tinted glasses.
      Just a red and white scarf wrapped round my wrist.

Id say the hatred is greater now for The Great Pretenders.

Just like Ferrari moaning at F1 when the money doesnt work.. so will United implode when the tap is turned off.
      No. To repeat myself. We were never like you.

Even if your Lord and Master Ferguson pulls off a third CL (European Cup) he will never be the gentleman and have the humility of Paisley.

There is an old saying.

Dont feel rich on borrowed money and THAT is where your quicksand success comes from.

THAT is the point.

The guy's in his 50s, unbelievable, if your point is that our success is built on a house of cards then I already know that. I have alluded to this fact before in other threads, unless the Glazers sell to some mega rich Arabs I can see our empire falling but I will just enjoy the moment......

By the way I believe the hatred was FAR worse in the 70s and 80s....
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: May 24, 2009 04:10:40 pm
      Manker?...........Oh I see what you did there, genius.... ::)....I guess you were educated at Oxford.....

NAH. Not Oxford.

Prescot Grammar.

Thats in Liverpool which you can find with a good Sat Nav.

School Founded 1544.

Burnt Down 1978.

Wilkipedia states: " Until 1978 when it was the victim of an arson attack by a disturbed former pupil."

Im afraid that wasnt me.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #77: May 24, 2009 05:08:36 pm
      NAH. Not Oxford.

Prescot Grammar.

Thats in Liverpool which you can find with a good Sat Nav.

School Founded 1544.

Burnt Down 1978.

Wilkipedia states: " Until 1978 when it was the victim of an arson attack by a disturbed former pupil."

Im afraid that wasnt me.

Go on, admit it............

Confession's good for the soul.........;).........
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #78: May 24, 2009 06:20:54 pm
      When mankind first dragged itself from the primordial soup two variants became apparent within a single species. One tended to favour cooperation amoungst the group and lived its life according to a code of primitive nobility. The other was comprised on the whole of knob heads.  As these first humans set out to find themselves a home in which to settle, there paths tended to cross more and more. On occassion their genetic material would become mixed and, over time, a third group was seen to arise comprising the best and worst of the the other two groups. The first of these groups settled around what we now know as the city of Liverpool. The third, spread out throughout the land. The second founded the city of Manchester and have been drawing likeminded folks there ever since.  I swear I heard Tony Robinson on Time Team say this a few weeks back so it must be true.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #79: May 24, 2009 06:24:16 pm
      When mankind first dragged itself from the primordial soup two variants became apparent within a single species. One tended to favour cooperation amoungst the group and lived its life according to a code of primitive nobility. The other was comprised on the whole of knob heads.  As these first humans set out to find themselves a home in which to settle, there paths tended to cross more and more. On occassion their genetic material would become mixed and, over time, a third group was seen to arise comprising the best and worst of the the other two groups. The first of these groups settled around what we now know as the city of Liverpool. The third, spread out throughout the land. The second founded the city of Manchester and have been drawing likeminded folks there ever since.  I swear I heard Tony Robinson on Time Team say this a few weeks back so it must be true.

:lmao:

What a post!
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #80: May 24, 2009 06:30:33 pm

Who knows......;)......
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: May 24, 2009 06:44:35 pm

CLASSIC !  :lmao:

Quick Reply