Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Chop Shop

Read 10941 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Chop Shop
      Sep 27, 2009 09:40:45 pm
      Has any one on here ever watched this programme I have to say I watched the first series which was in Bangladesh and was called Bangla Bangers, Bernie a cockney ex Ferrari mechanic flew out to Bangladesh to work with Bangladeshi car designer Leepu and what they basically did was build super cars out of cars from the scrap yard using very basic primitive tools in a technological sense. Bernie then decided on the success of the pairing in Bangladesh he would open his own London Garage in partnership with Leepu and build cars from their with the best tools and equipment available.

Its an absolute fantastic programme and Leepu is a genius as Johnny Vegas said "Leepu is a genius but he's a twisted deaf genius", has to be one of the best programmes on the tv I believe its into its third series since Bangla bangers and the custom one off jobs just get better & better.

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2009 10:16:24 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Chop Shop
      Reply #1: Sep 27, 2009 09:43:12 pm
      And these 'cars' get MOT's?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 27, 2009 09:45:25 pm
      Yeh they get Sva'd which is a process that you have to go through with Vosa to gain the registration of the vehicle and checks all structual integrity and safety and then once the registration is obtained, you just mot insure and tax the car as you would any other  basically the same process you go through when building a kit car.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Sep 27, 2009 09:45:35 pm

I reckon the mot's would be flocking if you were driving one of them mate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Sep 27, 2009 09:55:22 pm
      The Johnny Vegas thunder car they built started life as a 1988 VW Golf GTI, they put a Subaru imprezza turbo engine and all 4 wheel drive running gear into it. Johnny Vegas told Leepu he wanted a understated car like a classic mk 2 Golf that could rip his R32 Golf a new arsehole.

Chop Shop - London Garage S2 e8 p5

This is what they give Johnny, no wonder he says "Leepu is a genius, but he's a deaf twisted genius" at 2.05 on the youtube vid he says it :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Sep 30, 2009 01:17:01 pm
      The tiger car, its stunning

Chop Shop - Tiger Car

Quick Reply