Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Post Match: Fiorentina 2 Liverpool 0

Read 30239 times
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Re: Post Match: Fiorentina 2 Liverpool 0
      Reply #184: Sep 30, 2009 06:27:41 pm
      whats the deal at the back at the moment? As we all know Carra hasnt played at his best which seems to have had a knock on effect on Skrtel. I cant help but think we need more pace in the centre and we need the whole defence to play more as a unit as Insua (i think is a good player) has been caught out a little to often when trying to play offsides.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #185: Sep 30, 2009 06:41:32 pm
      A bit of high definition imagery of some low definition defending.

Reckon Insua is in a trance myself.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #186: Sep 30, 2009 06:44:00 pm
      ^^^^

Bizarre, an error down to lack of experience? :-\

Skrtel and Carra are well lined up, Johnson is almost playing the lad onside too, ball watching, but Insua has the best view of the lot of them.

Did he assume the other player would be signalled offside?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #187: Sep 30, 2009 06:45:18 pm
      Insua did pathetically put up his hand for offside.

But look at that fella on the wing. Also being played onside.  Could have dinked it over Insua's head to him as well.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #188: Sep 30, 2009 06:50:36 pm
      Sad case. On another day, I'm sure that would have been flagged offside. Also looks like Insua is playing Stevan Jovetic onside more than Johnson is.

Use the line between the dark and bright strip for reference. Stevan Jovetic's right foot is closer to the line than Insua's and Johnson's.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #189: Sep 30, 2009 06:54:55 pm
      Its Liverpools most important game, everybody is fit, who do you play in defence? Personally i would go for Johnson, Carra, Agger, Aurelio.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #190: Sep 30, 2009 07:09:55 pm
      Back four looked far to close and not in line and I think Masch would have had the guy anyway. There is also no protective cover infront of the back four .Basic mistakes you dont expect from Liverpool who is in charge these days on the pitch.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #191: Sep 30, 2009 07:31:13 pm
      We lost last night because none of our midfielders picked up Jovetic, he ran riot in the first half, this would not have happened if Masch was there. The most important part of a match is that you win the midfield battle, something we failed miserably last night. I actually felt sorry for our defence last night, they got no cover from our midfield. The passing either was not good enough from a Liverpool team.

If some of ye don't like what Craig Foster was saying I think some of ye would have had a break down with what Tony Cascarino was saying especially ye Lucas lovers, It's is a amazing none of the pundits seem to see what a handful of lads on here see.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #192: Sep 30, 2009 07:56:40 pm
      Are you high? no, well the criminal element was involved before right the guy who just got fired supplying drugs and hookers according to people on this forum so how long was he around. its about time the fa done automatic drug testing after these wierd results
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,234 posts | 8572 
      Reply #193: Sep 30, 2009 08:00:21 pm
      We lost last night because none of our midfielders picked up Jovetic, he ran riot in the first half, this would not have happened if Masch was there. The most important part of a match is that you win the midfield battle, something we failed miserably last night. I actually felt sorry for our defence last night, they got no cover from our midfield. The passing either was not good enough from a Liverpool team.

If some of ye don't like what Craig Foster was saying I think some of ye would have had a break down with what Tony Cascarino was saying especially ye Lucas lovers, It's is a amazing none of the pundits seem to see what a handful of lads on here see.

Tony Cascarino - Former Millwall and Irish carthorse striker, yes like I'm really going to listen to the views of that no-mark.

Just remember a lot of pundits now working in the media are very jealous and anti-Liverpool, because when they were playing professionally WE were winning everything in sight.

*Edit - not having a go seeing as you've just given me a + ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #194: Sep 30, 2009 08:03:32 pm
      Left it till tonight because i was so angry last night the worst attitude i have ever witnessed by a reds team ,sloppy defending at best and a fcking sloppy attitude ,.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,234 posts | 8572 
      Reply #195: Sep 30, 2009 08:05:25 pm
      Left it till tonight because i was so angry last night the worst attitude i have ever witnessed by a reds team ,sloppy defending at best and a fcking sloppy attitude ,.

Last time we were embarrassed like that in Europe, it was against Rafa's Valencia!!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #196: Sep 30, 2009 08:15:46 pm
      ^^^^

Bizarre, an error down to lack of experience? :-\

We've seen it a million times before in young defenders. Defence is a position where experience really does play a huge part.
      He doesn't have much experience, so his concentration will lapse from time to time, which is most likely what happened here.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #197: Sep 30, 2009 08:33:22 pm
      It was a disappointing match but at least we're more or less straight back into the mix of things with a big game on Sunday.

It didn't help that they seemed like they were walking through our midfield. And defensively we were left wanting. We played very poorly, but take nothing away from Fiorentina. They were brilliant and had a game plan which they stuck to. Even when we seemed to be getting back into it for the spell in the second half, they looked solid.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #198: Sep 30, 2009 08:39:04 pm
      Fiorentina played well last night but I still expect us to be able to beat them at Anfield. The Lyon games are massive now, I think they are a lot better a side than Fiorentina.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #199: Sep 30, 2009 08:40:09 pm
      Last time we were embarrassed like that in Europe, it was against Rafa's Valencia!!

Benfica?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #200: Sep 30, 2009 08:40:42 pm
      Just like the time we lost to Besiktas 2-1 away and we hammered them at Anfield.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #201: Sep 30, 2009 08:56:40 pm
      It was a disappointing match but at least we're more or less straight back into the mix of things with a big game on Sunday.

It didn't help that they seemed like they were walking through our midfield. And defensively we were left wanting. We played very poorly, but take nothing away from Fiorentina. They were brilliant and had a game plan which they stuck to. Even when we seemed to be getting back into it for the spell in the second half, they looked solid.

Yes they walked through our midfield which goes to show its an extremely important part of the pitch. So all those who have a go at others who savage Lucas, remember that. He isnt good enough and we cant afford to carry any player in that department. Last night Rafa unfortunately got it wrong in that department.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #202: Sep 30, 2009 09:04:27 pm
       I think Jovetic could become a great player. I say Sign him
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #203: Sep 30, 2009 09:24:20 pm
      why my conspiracy theories about bizaare results in champions league and premier leaugue games with liverpool well look at all the money involved. and the betting involved its all off the radar to talk about this. but liverpool were heavily favoured good odds for the italian side. does it make sense now. they pulled the plug on a drug dealer but no details on who he was supplying to or how long?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #204: Sep 30, 2009 11:26:54 pm
      why my conspiracy theories about bizaare results in champions league and premier leaugue games with liverpool well look at all the money involved. and the betting involved its all off the radar to talk about this. but liverpool were heavily favoured good odds for the italian side. does it make sense now. they pulled the plug on a drug dealer but no details on who he was supplying to or how long?

Am i the only one struggling to make sense of what this says? :D
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #205: Sep 30, 2009 11:35:52 pm
      Nope it's a riddle......... ;D
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #206: Sep 30, 2009 11:48:13 pm
      Only seen the second half, as was in work...but still. We didn't look like we were going to win last night.

Torres was isolated, again ( I have seen him being isolated this season already). Gerrard want's to push the game, but it's hard for him when we have Lucas in the middle. He just isn't the guy to pass the ball, he is a Masch kinda player...and we already have Masch.

Defense has been shaky all season. Carra is having a shocker, Skrtle had a bad game last night. Agger played reserves, so thats a plus. Johnson seems a bit suspect when it comes to an attacking winger. I seen it against Messi when he was at the Chav's. I love the guy, but he needs more protection from our midfield.

Babel past two games seems to have got his finger out of his arse. I think we should try give him a run. Voronin past two seems to have also started to play well too.

Not all negatives; it's only one game. We have come back from worse in the past, alot worse. Sunday though, we need to get that defense sorted.

Quick Reply