Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Petition to free Michael Shields

Read 36694 times
      pope
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: SOS 'Free Michael Shields Now' - important info and how to support
      Reply #115: Dec 07, 2008 05:10:41 pm

Delije Sever - FC Red Star Belgrade Fans

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #116: Dec 07, 2008 10:49:42 pm
      Thank you for the picture, Pope!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #117: Dec 08, 2008 09:48:39 am
      MICHAEL Shields’ fate was still in the balance today after the high court delayed a decision on whether Jack Straw can free him.

Judges sitting at London’s Royal Courts of Justice reserved their ruling until a later date, possibly within the next seven days, after a day of legal argument.

It means the 22 year-old, from Edge Hill, must wait for a verdict.

But he did receive some good news today when he was transferred to an open prison, believed to be in Warrington.

WHAT !!!!!!!!! :mad: Have these pricks got nothing better to do than to keep this poor lad waiting unnecessarily for another week WHY?? WHY?? WHY??

Why on earth there is such a delay still , it's so petty and stupid.............pleas ed for Michael though that he's been transferred to an open prison, but let's face it, he shouldn't be there in the first place should he  :f_steam:

Surely to god they have to finally see sense with this.

The wait must be killing him................Hang in there Michael, we are all behind you.

Cracking pic there Pope...........I'm sure Michael will be overwhelmed with the support he's received.
      pope
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #118: Dec 08, 2008 09:39:18 pm
      Serbian Cops are arrest Red Star Fan Uros. . . .Uros is sentenced on 10 YEARS prison 
      Red Star Players are wear T-Shirts with inscription Justice For Uros and therefore  is Fotball Association of Serbia punich Red Star with 50000 Euro!!!!
      I am Serbian and pardon what poor know English!!!

Free Michael Now and Justice For Uros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Re: Petition to free Michael Shields
      Reply #119: Feb 14, 2009 08:11:37 pm
      I know I am getting cynical but the people that are holding Michael are so far removed from every day life they have no concept of the way we live our lives. I feel so sorry for him and his family as they are now in the clutches of these idiots who simply cant make a decision.How come some poor deluded canoeist gets a huge sentence for being an idiot yet it seems every politician can do as they wish flaunt as many laws as they wish  fiddle and collude and nothing ever happens don't get me started.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #120: Apr 07, 2009 05:57:33 pm
      Spirit of Shankly is appealing to as many members as possible - and the wider community as well - to join with the Free Michael Shields Campaign on a march in support of Michael prior to this weekend's game against Blackburn. The purpose of the march is to remind Jack Straw, who continues to drag his heels, and Merseyside Police who are now re-examining Michael's case that we are appalled by Michael's mis-trial, convinced of his innocence and demanding of his immediate release.

We will gather at St.George's Hall plateau at 10.30, where there will be a short address from the campaign leader, Councillor Joe Anderson. Michael's father, Michael Senior will update us as to Michael's wellbeing before leading the rally on a march to Anfield. Television and newspaper reporters will be in attendance, and we call upon everyone for a show of strength and support as we strive for justice for Michael Shields.

Councillor Joe Anderson said: " I would urge football fans of Liverpool and Everton to attend the rally and Join us on the March to Anfield as a way of showing support to Michael Shields and his family. Next month will be the fourth anniversary of Michael being jailed for a crime he did not commit. The people of this City who join us will help send a clear message to Jack Straw the Government and to the Bulgarians that we know Michael is innocent and we want him released now. Please support us as you always have."

***************************************************************************

Still can't believe Michael is still locked up............why the hell is this still dragging on, I just don't know.

Get yourselves down to St.Georges Hall and support Michael in his time of need.
      zodiac
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts | -4 
      Reply #121: Jul 02, 2009 08:11:42 pm
      I have to say Liverpool FC's conduct in all of this sits very uneasily with me. Involving players and fans in a criminal case is wrong in my opinion. The fact that this guy was found guilty in court and has not been pardoned today casts Liverpool FC's conduct in a very poor light. Football clubs should have nothing to do with individuals' legal affairs. I think LFC have been left with egg on their face over this one.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #122: Jul 02, 2009 08:30:55 pm
      You already said that mate in the thread about Michael not getting a pardon.

Or are you going to post it in every thread? ::)
      AmandaS
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #123: Jul 02, 2009 08:32:52 pm
      What the hell is wrong with this Government?  Do they honestly think Bulgaria will go to war with us if Michael is freed?   How on earth can Jack Straw support a country that is so openly corrupt.   If any of the powers that be see this message, I'd be only to delighted to hear from them.  I visited Bulgaria a few years ago with my family and a friend. We had a car a terrible car accident when we were there. Our friend, the driver,  was tested for alchol in his blood stream and a drugs test was also carried out but it was all clear.  We were told to go back to our hotel and thought everything was fiine.  That was until we tried to board our plane for our outgoing flight five days later.  Our friend was arrested at passport control, held at gun point and frog marched off by airport police.   We were told to get on our flight with our two children, who were seriously shaken by the whole episode and basically told to 'shut up'. They warned us that it was likely our friend would go to jail there and then. Imagine the horror of how it felt to go home and have to tell our friend's parents what had happened, bearing in mind that Michael's story had been highly publicised. We contacted the British Consulate at the time and it was a total nightmare. I cried all the way home on that flight sick with worry.  We were totally powerless.  Whilst waiting to board, an onlooker who had seen what was going on tried to console me.  All I could think about was Michael at the time and what would become of him and our friend.  The lady embraced me and told me she was actually a relative of Michael's.  I still have all the documents relating to this incident.   Luckily we had people who really pulled together to help us and I truly believe to this day that our friend escaped their clutches because another incident involving a totally innocent Merseysider would have caused them total damage.  I've tried to contact the right people to hear my story to no avail. I feel sickened to the stomach that jack Straw has made this decision.   Please if there is anyone out there who wants to hear my story then contact me.    If Jack Straw refuses to do anything then it is up to us to keep pushing.  WE MUST NOT GIVE THIS FIGHT UP. Amanda
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #124: Sep 09, 2009 10:29:51 am
      Topic Locked.

Michael has been freed and pardoned.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=22584.0

Quick Reply