Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Christmas. What side are you on? Humbug or Bumhug?

Humbug (don't like it)
      10 (20.4%)
      Bumhug (love a bit of it)
      39 (79.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: Dec 24, 2009 08:44:24 pm

The 2009 Christmas Countdown

Read 18062 times
      MsGerrard
      The 2009 Christmas Countdown
      Oct 01, 2009 09:51:57 pm
      Well we are only just into the first day of October, but I've already been to the Marks and Spencer Cardholder Evening tonight, where they entice you into the store with a £5.00 voucher and free drinks and nibbles.

Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier every year, the shops have already had all the shelf's lined with goodies for at least 3 weeks now, I left it a bit late to start last year so I'm going to be on the ball this year and get started now.

I adore Christmas but I do admit that it gets pushed into your face a bit to much and when the big day finally comes you've had enough  :laugh:

So be prepared to be confronted with Smiling Santa's, Twinkling Trees, Excitable Elves and Singing Snowmen, everytime you venture to to the shops.

Are you a scrooge or a Christmas lover?

Only 83 days to go  :o
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Re: The 2009 Christmas Countdown
      Reply #1: Oct 01, 2009 09:58:02 pm
      I can't even think about Christmas yet!   :laugh:

That being said, I do love it ... and the whole month leading up to it.

You're right, though. Every year it seems to start sooner and sooner.

Still, though, it's a great time of the year!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Oct 01, 2009 10:03:27 pm
      12 weeks today Christmas eve  :o Heard the first adverts about 2 weeks ago pure madness
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Oct 01, 2009 10:05:10 pm
      MsG.

We've only just started October and you're banging on about Christmas already. You're just a big kid aren't you!

(Looking forward to it myself)  ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Oct 01, 2009 10:07:45 pm
      If thers a forum party Ill do me best to get over, any excuse  :f_whistle:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Oct 01, 2009 10:16:17 pm
      MsG.

We've only just started October and you're banging on about Christmas already. You're just a big kid aren't you!

He he he....I know Kenny, but I love Christmas  ;D

If thers a forum party Ill do me best to get over, any excuse  :f_whistle:

Any excuse for a party Brian, you know us  ;) I bet it will be nice this Christmas with your little boy, he'll love it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Oct 01, 2009 10:45:38 pm
      Well we are only just into the first day of October, but I've already been to the Marks and Spencer Cardholder Evening tonight, where they entice you into the store with a £5.00 voucher and free drinks and nibbles.

Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier every year, the shops have already had all the shelf's lined with goodies for at least 3 weeks now, I left it a bit late to start last year so I'm going to be on the ball this year and get started now.

I adore Christmas but I do admit that it gets pushed into your face a bit to much and when the big day finally comes you've had enough  :laugh:

So be prepared to be confronted with Smiling Santa's, Twinkling Trees, Excitable Elves and Singing Snowmen, everytime you venture to to the shops.

Are you a scrooge or a Christmas lover?

Only 83 days to go  :o

Oh no. You've changed. You're one of them. ;)

83 days is bladdy ages!

Still, I'll look forward to it. I love Christmas.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #7: Oct 01, 2009 10:48:28 pm
      Though I'm more a Halloween man myself.   8)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Oct 01, 2009 10:49:28 pm
      Oh no. You've changed. You're one of them. ;)

83 days is bladdy ages!

Still, I'll look forward to it. I love Christmas.

I'm one of them  ??? Not quite sure what you mean there Rossi la.....do I want to know what you mean? Hmm....not sure I do  :-\

83 days seems ages, but it won't half go quick  :laugh:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Oct 01, 2009 10:51:20 pm
      You've been lured into the early Christmas brigade!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Oct 01, 2009 11:02:34 pm
      Though I'm more a Halloween man myself.   8)

You don't scare me!  ;) It's more of a big deal over in the States compared to here though isn't it mate?

Actually, thinking about it, Christmas really will be here before you know it. It only seems like yesterday when it was July!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Oct 01, 2009 11:03:33 pm
      You've been lured into the early Christmas brigade!

I know I am....I'm a sucker  :D
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #12: Oct 01, 2009 11:29:48 pm
      You don't scare me!  ;) It's more of a big deal over in the States compared to here though isn't it mate?

Yeah, I get the impression it is. It's a lot of fun actually! And, being in New York and the decadence ...

I'll digress though seeing how this is MsG's Christmas thread... ;)

But, this is a big holiday season over here. There are some "minor" holidays thrown in, but then there's three big ones: Halloween, Thanksgiving & Xmas. With all the festivities it's no wonder these are my favorite three months of the year.

*cue gain of ten pounds due to too much eating, drinking and merriment  :D

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #13: Oct 01, 2009 11:36:05 pm
      Christmas is boss when done in the right spirit, it's the miserable gets who ruin it. (Oh and the telly, which is sh*te around crimbo time)

You know crimbo is coming when the deccies go up though. Since I've got a spare few quid lying around at the mo I might go into town tomorrow and buy our Luke his prezzie(s). Anything with wheels should do so that rules out the cars in Liverpool ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Oct 01, 2009 11:48:50 pm

Im looking forward to the Christmas dinner :D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #15: Oct 01, 2009 11:54:18 pm
      Christmas is a time for christian reflection on the birth of our Lord Jesus,or alternateively the time to overspend and get pissed out of our skulls and try and pull people who wouldn't normally look at you twice.Who gets the prize for the first deccies outside this year?Let us know?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #16: Oct 01, 2009 11:57:36 pm
      Christmas is boss when done in the right spirit, it's the miserable gets who ruin it. (Oh and the telly, which is sh*te around crimbo time)

You know crimbo is coming when the deccies go up though. Since I've got a spare few quid lying around at the mo I might go into town tomorrow and buy our Luke his prezzie(s). Anything with wheels should do so that rules out the cars in Liverpool ;)
      DLS as I'm an old b***ard nowadays, what's the must have pressie for your Luke?
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #17: Oct 02, 2009 12:00:06 am
      I love it.  Just love it.  Agree it starts a bit too early but as a keen shop avoider that doesn't affect me too much.  Amazon, ebay, iwoot, etc see my credit card alot before Christmas  ;D.

The only downside of Christmas for me is trying to get into oxford circus tube station after work.  It's badly crowded all year round, but from late October onwards it's an absolute nightmare.  Far too many people trying to shuffle into the same space.  That's the only baddy for me though.  Oh, except for having to brave M&S on oxford street to get my mum some slippers every year.

I'd not put a tree up for a few years until last year.  Weighed it down with a couple of 30kg bags of cat litter (unopened of course) and it didn't get knocked over once.  So I can't wait for it this year.  The tree will be going up earlier, the xmas CD will be playing, cheesy xmas films on the telly, parties, roses chocys, leaving the after eights box full of empty wrappers, what's not to love about it or the build up  ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #18: Oct 02, 2009 12:00:10 am
      DLS as I'm an old b***ard nowadays, what's the must have pressie for your Luke?

He's only 3 mate so it hasn't got to the stage yet where he must have the latest gadget and thankfully I don't have to buy it for him when he does, that's down his mam (me sister) and dad.

But now it's anything that has wheels and anything Bob the Builder related is always held in the highest regard.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #19: Oct 02, 2009 12:03:10 am
      Official rule is that we don't start talking about Christmas until my birthday's gone.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Oct 02, 2009 12:03:54 am
      I love it.  Just love it.  Agree it starts a bit too early but as a keen shop avoider that doesn't affect me too much.  Amazon, ebay, iwoot, etc see my credit card alot before Christmas  ;D.

The only downside of Christmas for me is trying to get into oxford circus tube station after work.  It's badly crowded all year round, but from late October onwards it's an absolute nightmare.  Far too many people trying to shuffle into the same space.  That's the only baddy for me though.  Oh, except for having to brave M&S on oxford street to get my mum some slippers every year.

I'd not put a tree up for a few years until last year.  Weighed it down with a couple of 30kg bags of cat litter (unopened of course) and it didn't get knocked over once.  So I can't wait for it this year.  The tree will be going up earlier, the xmas CD will be playing, cheesy xmas films on the telly, parties, roses chocys, leaving the after eights box full of empty wrappers, what's not to love about it or the build up  ;D

Ohhh.....You got me all in the mood now Whyohwhy  :laugh:

I've even bought an advent calendar for my lad today  ;D

Must be a bloody nightmare living in London though  ::)
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #21: Oct 02, 2009 12:04:33 am
      Weighed it down with a couple of 30kg bags of cat litter (unopened of course)
      Thank goodness! You may have gotten a few unwanted presents from your cats, whyohwhy!

The tree will be going up earlier, the xmas CD will be playing, cheesy xmas films on the telly, parties, roses chocys, leaving the after eights box full of empty wrappers, what's not to love about it or the build up  ;D

Now that sounds delightful! Though, I know nothing of the roses chocys...I'll assume it's chocolate and if it's chocolate, I approve.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #22: Oct 02, 2009 12:04:56 am
      top post mate I've got one grandchild who'se three so Bob the builder can he do it? Yes my arse.

Quick Reply