Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Christmas. What side are you on? Humbug or Bumhug?

Humbug (don't like it)
      10 (20.4%)
      Bumhug (love a bit of it)
      39 (79.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: Dec 24, 2009 08:44:24 pm

The 2009 Christmas Countdown

Read 18064 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: The 2009 Christmas Countdown
      Reply #161: Dec 03, 2009 06:41:24 pm
      Looking forward to being pissed up for two weeks straight.

Same here! Road trip into California for me and the missus, gonna be a lot of drinks had on my part. Hope she knows she's driving :f_whistle:
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #162: Dec 03, 2009 06:58:25 pm
      Welcome back BR, haven't seen ya round for a little while!

Hiya Dave. Was laying low for a bit. The fallout after dropping out of the CL really got under my skin and I had to take a breather. Hopefully all is settled down a bit.

Anyway, back on topic, putting up the decorations on Saturday. Feels like I just took down the Halloween stuff!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #163: Dec 03, 2009 07:34:23 pm
      Hiya Dave. Was laying low for a bit. The fallout after dropping out of the CL really got under my skin and I had to take a breather. Hopefully all is settled down a bit.

Anyway, back on topic, putting up the decorations on Saturday. Feels like I just took down the Halloween stuff!
      That's just given me a great Idea, I'm off this weekend, so when the wife goes out with her sister, I'll put the Haloween stuff back up, and have a humbug Christmas, don't think it will work though. I think she will kill me? >:D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #164: Dec 03, 2009 08:34:12 pm
      That's just given me a great Idea, I'm off this weekend, so when the wife goes out with her sister, I'll put the Haloween stuff back up, and have a humbug Christmas, don't think it will work though. I think she will kill me? >:D

Gareth, that is so wicked  >:D
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #165: Dec 03, 2009 09:03:07 pm

...and, genius!!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #166: Dec 03, 2009 09:20:16 pm
      I am 22 in January and I have had one every year for as long as I remember. And I always plan to. May be childish to some, but for me its tradition.

Double that and add one for me!  You're never too old  :)

21 more choccies to go to the big day  :)

Poor Mrs gareth  :o   ;D

True!  >:D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #167: Dec 03, 2009 10:03:40 pm
      I heard Driving Home For Christmas on my way home from work today. I had a proper big cheesy face on me.

So yeah, feeling Christmassy now.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #168: Dec 03, 2009 10:32:11 pm
      I heard Driving Home For Christmas on my way home from work today. I had a proper big cheesy face on me.

kenny someone said they had seen a McDonalds cheeseburger driving a car.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #169: Dec 04, 2009 07:09:21 am
      Humbug - I'm not ready for it yet! Too damned expensive.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #170: Dec 04, 2009 10:50:43 am
      I used to look forward to xmas but now not so much now because my Mrs does my head in. So I say to her well in advance what would you like for xmas? and back comes the answer "I'm not telling you, you know I like surprises"???

the number of times I've trudged around town in and out of stores getting more confused is unbelievable,it's worse when you go with a mate cos you end up getting pissed out of your head and forgetting why your in town.It's easier now though being on line saves some trouble but she still won't tell me what to get - women are crazy - fact.
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2009 02:06:54 pm by stuey »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #171: Dec 04, 2009 03:33:05 pm
      I heard Driving Home For Christmas on my way home from work today.

I love that song....makes me feel all Christmassy too, not heard many Christmas songs on the radio yet.

I used to look forward to xmas but now not so much now because my Mrs does my head in. So I say to her well in advance what would you like for xmas? and back comes the answer "I'm not telling you, you know I like surprises"???

the number of times I've trudged around town in and out of stores getting more confused is unbelievable,it's worse when you go with a mate cos you end up getting pissed out of your head and forgetting why your in town.It's easier now though being on line saves some trouble but she still won't tell me what to get - women are crazy - fact.

Well there's nothing nicer than a surprise on Christmas Day, I have to admit to loving them myself. We all write a list of things we'd like and pass the list round to each other, that way, you know you're getting something you like but you don't know what till the day.

I'd surprise her Stuey with.......... nothing  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #172: Dec 04, 2009 06:39:20 pm
      I love that song....makes me feel all Christmassy too, not heard many Christmas songs on the radio yet.

Well there's nothing nicer than a surprise on Christmas Day, I have to admit to loving them myself. We all write a list of things we'd like and pass the list round to each other, that way, you know you're getting something you like but you don't know what till the day.

I'd surprise her Stuey with.......... nothing  :lmao:
      Cas she doesn't even give me a hint,now and then I have a brainstorm the last one was when I got her a Renee Macintosh necklace from M&S she's still got it now wears it all the time but the brainstorms are rare.
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2009 07:44:29 pm by stuey »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #173: Dec 04, 2009 09:42:09 pm

Bet you licked the window with excitement. ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #174: Dec 04, 2009 10:31:45 pm
      Tie a big red ribbon round your willy stuey. And say 'Get the dinner ready, I've sorted the dessert'.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #175: Dec 04, 2009 10:38:54 pm
      Got two of my presents sorted - phone off my parents and astro's off my nan.

You didn't think I meant presents I've bought for other people did you?  ;)

I do need to get them ones sorted though.

Tried to get my mates iTrip working in his car today on the way to Chester so we could play some Christmas songs. But oh no, it just wouldn't work would it!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #176: Dec 04, 2009 10:42:19 pm

You didn't think I meant presents I've bought for other people did you?  ;)

Sucks not having a missus at the moment because for about the last 5 years i gave her a list and sent her to do my christmas shopping :laugh:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #177: Dec 05, 2009 10:58:33 am
      Tie a big red ribbon round your willy stuey. And say 'Get the dinner ready, I've sorted the dessert'.
      I can tie ribbons round everything mate but that doesn't qualify a surprise,money is not a factor cos I can spend loads on the prezzie, I've done it by the way and if she doesn't lose her balance in surprise there nothing down for it.
      As for the ribbon on the todger idea she wouldn't turn the telly off for that one.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #178: Dec 05, 2009 11:19:06 am
      if she doesn't lose her balance in surprise there nothing down for it.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #179: Dec 05, 2009 11:49:44 am
      Excellent idea amigo......any idea which catalogue I get the mad cow from?
      I'll rephrase that cos the mad cow is here already!! Where do I get the mad bull from?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #180: Dec 05, 2009 11:53:25 am
      Christmas is such an over-hyped holiday, which has just been turned into a competition of who gets the best presents they don't deserve. It's just a holiday for the corporate fat-cat businessmen.

And My family always have and will continue to always have the worst argument of the year on Christmas Eve. It's practically a tradition.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #181: Dec 05, 2009 11:58:02 am
      I'm going to Thailand this Christmas ( I'm not Christian ) so just gonna relax there .... but I did celebrate Christmas when I was in US but now I don't here .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #182: Dec 05, 2009 03:36:18 pm
      I'm going to Thailand this Christmas ( I'm not Christian ) so just gonna relax there .... but I did celebrate Christmas when I was in US but now I don't here .

It's alright, I don't really follow any religious beliefs, just a good excuse to get bladdered!!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #183: Dec 18, 2009 06:18:53 pm
      Only a week away!?! It was just Thanksgiving!

Quick Reply