Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Eduardo Diving Ban Overturned

Read 4015 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Eduardo Diving Ban Overturned
      Reply #23: Sep 15, 2009 01:48:04 pm
      They're covering their own arses. They were digging a bit of a whole for themselves really. If a certain rule is going to be implemented then it needs to be implemented across the board.

Players dive week in, week out. It's going to create an awful lot of work for the FA's of each countries in Europe and around the world for that matter. Studying 10+ dives a week at the least and deciding whether a player should be charged. Lets face it. They can't be arsed doing that.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #24: Sep 15, 2009 06:53:28 pm
      Is that all it takes to overturn a decision then?

I appreciate this isn't a matter of life and death, but "frustration" at the decision is hardly grounds for it to be overturned, is it?

I was frustrated every time we've conceded a goal this season, maybe we should appeal to UEFA to have those goals against us ruled out.

I experience 'deep frustration' whenever i go out on the pull and whenever i appeal to anyone about it i just get told to F**k off.

Maybe i should date a bird who works for UEFA :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Sep 15, 2009 07:33:54 pm
      I experience 'deep frustration' whenever I go out on the pull and whenever I appeal to anyone about it I just get told to f**k off.

Maybe I should date a bird who works for UEFA :D

Very good idea mate.

Or Eduardo. I heard he goes down easily. ::)

Ridiculous that it's getting overturned. But then singling out one player could either make the world sit up and take notice, or make them ban half of the leagues acros Europe.

Noot that it matters anymore mind. ::) Dive away lads.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Sep 15, 2009 09:48:00 pm
      So UEFA have a chance to make a big impact on the level of diving going on in todays game and what do they do?......

They bottle it.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #27: Sep 16, 2009 06:06:46 am
      What sort of message are UEFA sending to the likes of Drogba - carry on 'business as usual'!
      Hobesph
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #28: Sep 16, 2009 10:44:27 am
      Honestly if they just made an example of him then you'd see less of it. So there would be as many cases for the FA's to deal with so after a while it wouldnt be a major problem. But obvious UEFA are just to chicken s**t to do anything about it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29: Sep 16, 2009 06:09:31 pm
      Interesting that his ban gets overturned as soon as Van Persie gets ruled out.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #30: Sep 16, 2009 06:10:43 pm
      Go UEFA!

Helping the small clubs out again!â„¢
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #31: Sep 16, 2009 06:43:58 pm
      They need to sort out some sort of system for diving and keep it consistent.

Something along the lines of:

1. If the referee sees the dive, the player is given a yellow card and a written warning from the FA/UEFA.

2. If the referee does not see the dive, the player is given a written warning by the FA/UEFA.

3. If the same player commits another dive (whether the ref sees it or not) within a certain period of time (12 months, for example), the player is given a 3 match ban in all competitions.

4. If the player dives again within another set time period, the player will be given a 3 month ban.

5. If the player dives again within another set time period, the player should be banned from International matches. Forever.

Obviously that set of rules will probably have some flaws but UEFA need to sort something out that will clamp down on divers for good, completely preventing it in any circumstance.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #32: Sep 16, 2009 07:34:52 pm
      ^^^^

A concept that simple would never, ever be accepted by UEFA, it's far too logical and straightforward.

Good try though, though you should make it far more elaborate and complicated, and give a few get-out clauses, then they might actually accept! :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Sep 16, 2009 09:55:53 pm
      Surprise, F***ing, surprise. Guess who scored the winner today?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #34: Sep 20, 2009 12:35:05 am
      From Brian Reade's Mirror column:

Quote from: Brian Reade
      AN APOLOGY: It was reported in this column a fortnight ago that by handing a two-week ban to Arsenal's Eduardo for diving, UEFA were finally showing some balls.

We now accept that their decision to overturn that ban, in case it meant them having to sort out other cheats, which would have upset powerful men and endangered their five-star lifestyle, contradicts our former observation.

And that yet again they are showing less balls than a pair of Caster Semenya running shorts. We would like to apologise for any hurt our hasty praise of UEFA may have caused.

:lmao:
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #35: Oct 02, 2009 09:43:20 am
      That's ridiculous decision to overturn eduardo ban for diving.There is clear footage that shows no contact between keeper and Eduardo. Uefa should have stuck to their ban and make people think twice about diving.

Quick Reply