Trending Topics

Tranmere Rovers

Read 4273 times
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Re: Tranmere Rovers
      Reply #23: May 04, 2009 07:15:05 pm
      Think there are better matches to watch then these!

Just simply don't understand why people like watching the lower league teams, poor quality I reckon.

Anyone enlighten me why?

I go to Tranmere a few times a year, when the Reds aren't playing. I find it refreshing to stand in a crowd were people are there for the love of their club and not just jumping on the "I go to watch premiership football because it's fashionable bandwagon". I'm embarrassed every time I  go to Anfield by some of the blurts that associate themselves with our club!

For their part Rovers have a low gate, a sh*t ground and no money. But they keep going and have numerous top flight scalps over the last twenty years to their credit. I will always have a soft spot for them after they beat the Bitters at Woodison. I was at Elland Road that day watching The Reds dump Leeds out of the F.A Cup, by the time I got back to the train station Rovers were already 2 up! Unsurprisingly I took great pleasue in this and spent the whole journey back to Limey drinking numerous cans of lager and phoning every Bitter I knew!   ;)
      john jones
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #24: May 04, 2009 08:25:09 pm
      Shame they did not make it up.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2009 01:41:19 pm
      A typical arguement with a bitter, deluded, Tranmere bunch.  Names have been removed - as this was over on Facebook.

Quote from: Via Facebook
      Tranmere fan #1: Wants Tranmere to lose the next 5 games , just to get rid of them pair of clowns!!!

Tranmere fan #2: Ere ere and, u speak 4 a lot of trfc stpporters who want us 2 win. Unlucky on the r factor

Me: surely, you cant have any faith in your team - putting that laurel ahead of everything else is F***ing bitter.

Tranmere fan #3: Somethin Tranmere fans are not is bitter. Wot do u base that comment on? I'd also sacrifice the next 5 games if it meant that fat clown was sacked.

Me: so you'd rather condemn your own team to suffer other than watch things improve? that's bitterness mate! that's what i'm basing it on. so stop hiding from it and denying it!

Tranmere fan #3: Things will not improve so the quicker its sorted the better

Me: just saw the goals on sky news. it was the defence at a fault - you'd be better sticking barnes on the wing, because i don't think it will improve at all regardless who's the head coach. money needs to be available in january for barnes or whoever's there, but can you see lorraine rogers dipping in to her gold digging pocket? i can't either...

Tranmere fan #1: All we want is the best for our team. Same with you Liverpool fans if you lot got a manager who aint proved themself before and then lost the first 5 out of 7 games i think you would want him out!!!

Me: but the best for your team, is not hoping that you lose the next 5 - because even then with another manager coming in its going to cause a bit of aggro in the squad (like there isnt enough already) big ronnie moore would of struggled this season, the squad fell to pieces the days iain hume, & ryan taylor were sold - koumas was just the start of it!

Tranmere fan #3: Thats bollox bout squad fallin to pieces wen we sold hume and taylor, never missed hume at all, stockdale was decent right back to replace taylor and then shotton who was better than taylor. Moore's eye for a good player at this level wud av meant he cud av replaced the players that left. Instead some clown decides he knows everythin bout management

Me: well records prove that since you've sold players in the calibre of them lads you's have been on the decline. you escaped relegation 2 seasons a go did you not? don't delude yourself. no one has stepped up since greenacre or steve davies to make a massive impact on the squad, ian moore is a good player - but not as good as hume or greenacre, until  actually bring lads good enough through the academy i can't really see you signing anyone. when you eventually bring good players in, you need to back that up with winning games, getting promotion, and building a better side. but anyway, its your team and not mine, you 'obviously' know what you're talking about neil. if you're happy with losing the next 5 games and being bottom of the league - sacking barnes and bringing in someone else who might also struggle to work with the current side, then you're facing relegation.

I'll have a pint of bitter please love.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2009 01:53:36 pm by Court LFC »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #26: Aug 30, 2009 01:52:17 pm
      Ee ar Court:

And for all your Tranny mates:

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: Aug 30, 2009 01:54:21 pm
      Ta Gow.

It'll go down a treat with those Trannys.  Must be their fuel before every game!
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #28: Aug 30, 2009 01:59:15 pm
      haha grear read this !
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #29: Aug 31, 2009 03:13:48 pm
      One of the lads has found this topic!  :lmao:

Obviously searching and looking around the Liverpool forums in his spare time because nothing's going on with their boring side.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #30: Aug 31, 2009 03:28:00 pm
      One of the lads has found this topic!  :lmao:

Obviously searching and looking around the Liverpool forums in his spare time because nothing's going on with their boring side.

In fact, scratch that.  People are debating this topic on The Cowshed (sh*t stand).  http://www.thecowsheds.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1029

:lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31: Oct 03, 2009 05:08:23 pm
      You're 4-0 down after 30 minutes, you're the manager you need inspiration and insight to turn the game around, you turn to your assistant manager and it's Jason McAteer, you're fu**ed!!

5-0 defeat to Millwall today and they are into the bottom four of League One.

Tranmere haven't been the same since they parted with Aldo.

Quick Reply