Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match today?

Lucas Leiva
      (13.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (21.3%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (50.8%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (14.8%)

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: Post match frustration

Read 34606 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool: Post match frustration
      Reply #276: Oct 06, 2009 03:48:03 am
      I reckon Carra was at fault for both goals, atleast partly for the first one. Anelka just peeled away from him and tapped in, of course there is some fault for the cross getting in and Insua was there with Carra, too. A collective mishap, lets call it. F***ing sh*te either way.
      IbleedRED
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #277: Oct 06, 2009 04:18:57 am
      We play worse with Mascherano on the pitch... his awareness on the ball is Sh*te and he fouls near the box consistently... tell Insua to play conservatively, GJ to play intelligently and have Reira, Lucas, Benayoun, Gerrard in Mid with Torres and Kuyt to play dangerous up top. We win when we score and We should be too effin proud to play a defensive game!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #278: Oct 06, 2009 08:26:20 am
      I reckon it's probably Insua's fault for the first goal. I noticed he stopped when Anelka made the run behind Carragher. Not only that, it was Masch who lost the ball in the Chelsea half before it happened.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #279: Oct 06, 2009 09:09:22 am
      neither ch*lsea or Liverpool have played at his best but the difference was that at least they wanted to score and so they try.. It was not much to ask if at least one of us shoots for a try out.
      I'm saying again, none of the two teams have played even a mediocre game, but they seem to go a little more, why not us? I can not understand what's wrong with our players, are they tired? I really don't know what have happened there, but when they score the first I have a little desire inside of me that we were going to make it happen but as time goes by I realize that it was my heart speaking and not my logic sense but I'm sure that we are going to make it. a lot of matches are left to play and in time we will recover from this, but to keep losing points in the middle of this gets me going nowhere
      is it just me that feel this way?

Is it just me? sounds a load of mumbo jumbo, without sounding too disrespectful
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #280: Oct 06, 2009 09:10:02 am
      We play worse with Mascherano on the pitch... his awareness on the ball is Sh*te and he fouls near the box consistently... tell Insua to play conservatively, GJ to play intelligently and have Reira, Lucas, Benayoun, Gerrard in Mid with Torres and Kuyt to play dangerous up top. We win when we score and We should be too effin proud to play a defensive game!
      Let me guess, we should get rid of Masch  ::)
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #281: Oct 06, 2009 10:23:26 am

If only it was that easy.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #282: Oct 06, 2009 11:50:56 am
      What are you talking about? Mascherano's awareness is bloody brilliant. The amount of times I see a player coming behind him and he knows without even looking and passes the ball calmly without getting nervous. The guy is world class. Yes he made a stupid mistake, something I first saw him do at anfield last season against arsenal where he was shocking for the first time ever. These mistakes happen very occassionally though. Masch is our most consistent player.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #283: Oct 06, 2009 11:52:37 am
      I reckon Carra was at fault for both goals, atleast partly for the first one. Anelka just peeled away from him and tapped in, of course there is some fault for the cross getting in and Insua was there with Carra, too. A collective mishap, lets call it. F***ing sh*te either way.
      I think skrtel should've closed drogba down a lot quicker for the first goal. The more I watch it the more I think why didn't he just stop the cross. He had enough time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #284: Oct 06, 2009 11:56:57 am
      I think skrtel should've closed drogba down a lot quicker for the first goal. The more I watch it the more I think why didn't he just stop the cross. He had enough time.

But then again, where was Johnson? Up field. Just shows how much in shambles we were for that goal doesnt it?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #285: Oct 06, 2009 12:34:38 pm
      Although it wasn't nice to lose to the Chavs, for some reason i wasn't that surprised that we did lose. I am not sure why but i just didn't expect us to win the match. It is still F***ing annoying though.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #286: Oct 06, 2009 08:19:25 pm
      Main problem is that cuz Johnson is so attacking, we're not playing this:

Carra     Skrtel
      Johnson                       Insua

We're playing this:

Carra   Skrtel  

Johnson                    Insua

Which then leads to this on the counter:

Carra    Skrtel

Insua

Johnson

Leaving the CBs to cover the whole field and to struggle as the full backs are too attacking and don't care to mop up. Once the CBs panic, they forget the textbook rules and make mistakes.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #287: Oct 06, 2009 08:20:55 pm
      With Chelsea playing straight through the middle, that's where they managed to punish us. If Carra and Skrtel did a good job, they'd go to the gaps left by the too advanced full backs and bring the CBS with them creating a gap in front of goal.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #288: Oct 06, 2009 09:06:13 pm
      With Chelsea playing straight through the middle, that's where they managed to punish us. If Carra and Skrtel did a good job, they'd go to the gaps left by the too advanced full backs and bring the CBS with them creating a gap in front of goal.
      Against people with natural wingers yes we would be exposed that way. Chelsea had all for of their midfielders actually in midfield. They didn't really expose johnson, but then again johnson didn't push up all the time like he usually does. Chelsea scored because of our simple mistakes. But I agree with you the full backs will have to stay back against other big teams, especially Arsenal, Man City, and United
      MsGerrard
      Reply #289: Oct 06, 2009 11:49:54 pm
      We play worse with Mascherano on the pitch... his awareness on the ball is Sh*te and he fouls near the box consistently...

Are we talking about the same player here? Captain of Argentina.....Liverpool's brilliant defensive midfielder....mate what planet are you on  :o the only downside to Mascherano's game is he doesn't score goals, apart from that he's one of the most complete footballers I have ever seen.

Anyway, back to the game, I really did feel that we'd done enough to get a draw on Sunday, a couple of individual errors led to their goals....shame but we all have our off days....and if it wasn't for that cheating, diving, scumbag, things may have been slightly different.

We need to get a grip here, I've just read every post in this thread and I can't believe some of the knee-jerking crap that was written  :f_steam:

It's done with, yes, it's disappointing but we have to move on and think about the next game. I actually think this break will do us good, help to re-focus on things.

I just want us to get our bloody corners sorted out, I don't know about you, but I don't get excited any more when we get one as we tend to do sod all with them  :mad:

Anyway Sunderland next, they'll be cock a hoop from their game with the mancs so we'll just have to show them whose boss.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #290: Oct 07, 2009 02:24:29 am
      Amen sister.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #291: Oct 07, 2009 01:51:27 pm
      Time and again I've said, stop those balls getting to that diver drog and we should be ok, but we did nothing about that. They have perfected their passing to the extend that every ball out of their defence found that diver s**t.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #292: Oct 07, 2009 02:02:02 pm
      I watched the game again and there really waasn't a lot between the two teams, other than they had the luck and we didn't get any, last year when we played them we had the luck and they didn't, thats how it always is when you play the top teams, you have to have a little luck and also take your chances, they scored from two errors, but towards the end when everyones getting tired both Torres and Yossi missed what were easy chances for them, a fair result would have been the draw.

Quick Reply