Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

SOS - George Gillett - We don't believe you!

Read 9743 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      SOS - George Gillett - We don't believe you!
      Oct 06, 2009 10:31:16 pm
      Spirit of Shankly: George Gillett - We don't believe you!
      Tue 06 Oct 2009

George Gillett. A billionaire (apparently). Fifty percent owner of Liverpool Football Club. A man who never has and never will understand what Liverpool Football Club is all about, no matter how much he has or hasn't got sitting in the bank. His recent impromptu meeting with a Spirit Of Shankly member prior to the Hull City game, further underlines, just how much he doesn't get it, and how out of touch he is. Whilst fans keep themselves updated with the on going turmoil behind the scenes, Gillett thinks fans are oblivious to all he and his partner Tom Hicks have done, and are gullible to believe his words. In his recent meeting, as is usual for George Gillett, he made a number of claims which simply aren't true, managed to contradict himself in the same meeting, and with what appears to be his favourite past-time, undermined the position of manager at Liverpool Football Club. Here are some of the things he had to say:

Debt on the club

George Gillett: “The club had £40-80m debt when we bought it, but no earnings." “The debt on the club today is very sound".

The auditors of LFC's accounts have a different opinion: “These conditions, along with other matters explained in note 1 to the financial statements, indicate the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt on the Group's and parent company's ability to continue as a going concern. The financial statements do not include the adjustments that would result if the Group and parent company were unable to continue as a going concern." http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/SOS-and-LFC-Accounts.html

Christian Purslow recently told us that the debt stands at £245 million. £40 million to £245 million in the space of less than 3 years. Doesn't sound very sound to me George. http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Christian-Purslow-Meeting-Minutes.html

Stadium

George Gillett: “Whether you see the value is a different issue. Where have we lied? Where’s the lie, for Christ’s sake? In those 60 days, what happened to the world? I didn’t say that. Hicks was the one who said. 60 days? Bulls**t. That was not me. It’s wrong. I have never talked about that. I think that what happened was that Hicks was convinced we were going to start to move dirt on the foundations within a 60-day period. In the period of time, the world credit market collapsed and he had big egg on his face, not living up to what we said. I don’t talk about absolute dates when we’re talking about credit markets.”

No George. Tom didn't say it. You did. Look

*link to youtube: Liverpool FC takeover - one year on*

George Gillett claims the credit crunch happened in the 60 days from buying the club. He then goes onto claim “When we bought the club it was with our own money. Cash. A year and a half later, when the credit crisis hit we each put our portion of the club up as collateral for a loan to go into the club and refinance the business.”

So when did the credit crunch start George, within 60 days or a year and a half later?

When talking about paying for a stadium, Gillett said the following “You want a bigger stadium and if we could figure how to do it I would have done it yesterday. Not going to use our own capital because that is not the way a smart investment occurs for this club.” He said the following back in January 2009 "He claimed they had spent £100m on the stadium so far and were still working with designers, architects and planners.

"I asked why they were spending the club's money on this and he claimed it was coming from himself and Tom Hicks and not the club.”
      http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/SOS-Meeting-and-Action-_-Sunday-1st-February-2009.html

Expenses

When quizzed about his expenses, George Gillett claimed "The money taken out is for the benefit of the club, not the detriment.” Obviously the £1.327 million claimed by Gillett has benefitted us greatly. Or more likely, paid for his travel, his security, his expenses, his bills for buying the club. http://www.spiritofshankly.com/documents/gillett_hicks_out_leaflet.pdf

Transfers

George Gillett :“We have put £128 million in to buy players on top of what’s come in in the last 18 months.”

Using figures from LFChistory.net, LFC have spent approximately £100 million on transfers in the past 18 months. From player sales, they have recouped approximately £80 million. A net spend of around £20 million. Where's the other £100 million George?

You were right about 2 things in the meeting though. We don't like you. And we certainly don't trust you.

You're not welcome here. So do us all a favour - sell the club and don't come back.

YANK LIAR$ OUT
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: SOS - George Gillett - We don't believe you!
      Reply #1: Oct 06, 2009 10:44:41 pm
      Spirit of Shankly: George Gillett - We don't believe you!
      Tue 06 Oct 2009

Stadium

George Gillett: “Whether you see the value is a different issue. Where have we lied? Where’s the lie, for Christ’s sake? In those 60 days, what happened to the world? I didn’t say that. Hicks was the one who said. 60 days? Bulls**t. That was not me. It’s wrong. I have never talked about that. I think that what happened was that Hicks was convinced we were going to start to move dirt on the foundations within a 60-day period. In the period of time, the world credit market collapsed and he had big egg on his face, not living up to what we said. I don’t talk about absolute dates when we’re talking about credit markets.”

No George. Tom didn't say it. You did. Look

*link to youtube: Liverpool FC takeover - one year on*

George Gillett claims the credit crunch happened in the 60 days from buying the club. He then goes onto claim “When we bought the club it was with our own money. Cash. A year and a half later, when the credit crisis hit we each put our portion of the club up as collateral for a loan to go into the club and refinance the business.”

So when did the credit crunch start George, within 60 days or a year and a half later?

You're not welcome here. So do us all a favour - sell the club and don't come back.

YANK LIAR$ OUT

Caught on camera.  How are you going to explain that one George?  F***ing lying idiot.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Oct 06, 2009 11:41:23 pm
      F***ing lying scum!!

OUT NOW!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Oct 06, 2009 11:46:48 pm
      Caught on camera.  How are you going to explain that one George?  F***ing lying idiot.

Notice how he said he 'doesn't want to be lynched' as well. He's going the wrong way about it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Oct 06, 2009 11:50:32 pm
      OUT. OUT. OUT.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5: Oct 07, 2009 06:49:08 am
      Absolute madness.

He's lost the plot, big time.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #6: Oct 07, 2009 09:18:59 am
      60 days George.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Oct 07, 2009 09:27:36 am
      60 Days until i show him what a deadline means. By shoving the spade so far up his ass he'll be sneezing the dirt off the end of it. No wait, no dirt. Because it hasn't been in the ground yet.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #8: Oct 08, 2009 01:15:23 am
      Any credability that might have remained has now gone.We've been saying it for some time but now even he has lost the plot, so I expect him to go quite quickly with his £200 million profit.Forgive me if I don't say thanks you tw*t.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #9: Oct 08, 2009 08:33:05 am
      Its all very depressing as its completely out of our control although I do applaud all those who take the time to protest against these two thieves. They will walk away with upwards of £100mil each from the deal which is money that could have been invested in the club.We should also include Moores and Parry in all discussion as it is them who let these 2 into our club not us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10: Oct 08, 2009 02:22:18 pm
      Well the press would have us believe he's flown over and is discussing the sale of his 50% stake with Prince thingy so apparently we are moving in the right direction, there's talk about about presuming too much but this story just keeps on growing. 
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #11: Oct 08, 2009 08:49:33 pm
      If I had the choice of winning the title or seeing the back of these two I would gladly pick them up and take them to the Airport myself.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #12: Oct 08, 2009 09:48:24 pm
      Tosser
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #13: Oct 12, 2009 10:09:42 am
      If I had the choice of winning the title or seeing the back of these two I would gladly pick them up and take them to the Airport myself.

likewise.....
      The Neg-er
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #14: Oct 12, 2009 11:27:57 am
      The sooner their out the sooner we can stabilise the debt
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #15: Oct 12, 2009 03:04:04 pm
      The sooner their out the sooner we can stabilise the debt

and give rafa a decent amount of money for transfares
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16: Oct 13, 2009 03:46:18 pm
      and give rafa a decent amount of money for transfares
      and stop blaming him for their F**k ups
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2009 03:57:49 pm by stuey »
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #17: Oct 13, 2009 04:21:04 pm
      You said the credit crunch was 60 days after you bought Liverpool. As a businessman, didn't you know how's the current business trend and how the market's moving? You should know that, even my granny knew last year there will be another global economic depression. How do you run your business then by not knowing the economic climate was going down that year?

I do think that you knew that there will be a global economic breakdown when you bought Liverpool. You know that those two p***ks can be persuaded by giving more than what DIC offered. You know that deep inside, a club like Liverpool could anyday weather those economic meltdown because of our great stature as a powerhouse in European football. You know we will generate money no matter how bad the economy were. You're in it just because of the money not for the sake of Liverpool itself.

You're a businessman with low moral value. You just think that all Liverpool supporters out there are just as dumb as that w**kers from Manchester. We are not Man Scums for starters. We do value our club so great to the extent who ever trying to create havoc or making Liverpool FC crumble will pay the price. You see, we are not even like those from Manchester claiming how they hate those Glazers but now licking their a**es off. We stand by our principle and that is wanting both of your sorry a**es out from Liverpool. It doesn't even matter if SOS Liverpool or just some nobody running our club as long as they put Liverpool and the fans at heart and success and glory the main priority. By achieving that standard I can assure you, not just you gain profit and doubling your wealth but instead you won all Liverpool supporters trust and loyalty.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18: Oct 13, 2009 04:38:33 pm
      Like all the other business institutions GG used the so called credit crunch to his advantage and has replayed the LFC situation over and over with other transactions and will walk away a wealthier man, the big players don't get touched by these fiscal hiccups they see it coming - duck and dive give it a pretty name "credit crunch" and emerge well broosted for the next "pretty name" boomtime. They are shifty bas**rds and no mistake.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #19: Oct 13, 2009 10:35:28 pm
      You said the credit crunch was 60 days after you bought Liverpool. As a businessman, didn't you know how's the current business trend and how the market's moving? You should know that, even my granny knew last year there will be another global economic depression. How do you run your business then by not knowing the economic climate was going down that year?

I do think that you knew that there will be a global economic breakdown when you bought Liverpool. You know that those two p***ks can be persuaded by giving more than what DIC offered. You know that deep inside, a club like Liverpool could anyday weather those economic meltdown because of our great stature as a powerhouse in European football. You know we will generate money no matter how bad the economy were. You're in it just because of the money not for the sake of Liverpool itself.

You're a businessman with low moral value. You just think that all Liverpool supporters out there are just as dumb as that w**kers from Manchester. We are not Man Scums for starters. We do value our club so great to the extent who ever trying to create havoc or making Liverpool FC crumble will pay the price. You see, we are not even like those from Manchester claiming how they hate those Glazers but now licking their a**es off. We stand by our principle and that is wanting both of your sorry a**es out from Liverpool. It doesn't even matter if SOS Liverpool or just some nobody running our club as long as they put Liverpool and the fans at heart and success and glory the main priority. By achieving that standard I can assure you, not just you gain profit and doubling your wealth but instead you won all Liverpool supporters trust and loyalty.

post of the month

you hit that many nails on the heads with that post....that you could have made a fence.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #20: Oct 14, 2009 11:40:01 am
      There are too many lies passing around between them! Too many backstabbing and too much denial. I just couldn't bear to watch our beloved club being dragged into this whole madness.

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #21: Oct 15, 2009 08:33:06 pm
      Gillett makes it up when and where he needs to lie, he says he never said the spade in the ground quote, he did, then he says the credit crunch hit the market just when he was going to start work on the stadium, lie, the credit crunch came about 18 months into your ownership, now here I may be lying, but I am not lying when I say you made the credit crunch fit into your way of thinking and you can go on lying your arse off H & G and when you do we shall expose the lie...Go home your not wanted here and you never will be trusted here.....
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #22: Oct 16, 2009 11:52:36 am

Top post that mate. Fully agree with everything.

In 2 years what was a modest debt of 40 million, it has jumped by 6 times. How are they businessmen in the first place, I have no F***ing idea.

Walk out of the door and it'll slam shut on both of you.

Quick Reply