Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

SOS - George Gillett - We don't believe you!

Read 9675 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: SOS - George Gillett - We don't believe you!
      Reply #23: Oct 16, 2009 12:01:28 pm
      In 2 years what was a modest debt of 40 million, it has jumped by 6 times. How are they businessmen in the first place, I have no F***ing idea.

If they had actually built the stadium they promised, I wouldn't be worried about the debt. The increase in revenue from ticket sales would have covered a good part of the interest payments, and at least we'd be paying the interest for a proper reason, not just because these pillocks wouldn't buy the club outright with their own cash.

Right now we're pissing millions away, and for what? The "glory" of having them berks owning us? ::)
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #24: Oct 16, 2009 06:12:17 pm
      I don't know what happened between the takeover and the credit crunch period. I mean seriously, did they ever wanted to built the stadium at the first time? I'm guessing they tried to take in as much profit they can before they took a loan and built our stadium. By that time, I guess they'll be selling their stakes and jet-off to another team to destroy and leaving us with huge amount of debt. But suddenly, their plan ruined by the global economic depression.
      Iano
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #25: Oct 20, 2009 03:41:47 pm
      DO us all a favour and f**k off back to ur nest eggs in the u.s. your'e not welcome now or anytime, we do not like liars this is an institution not a franchise,go and buy some u.s team u money grabbin pr***s, i hope life deals u sum terrible cards yanks i really do. liverpool fc will exist long after u have both gone so dont b fooled into anymore lies after all that is what u are, hopefully th next time we hear of a spade in th ground it'll b at ur funerals
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #26: Oct 21, 2009 03:09:07 pm
      Shouldn't think our esteemed owners are pleased with last nights debacle with Lyon but I hasten to add, their disappointment will not be because of any emotional association with our club but the fiscal implications of LFC not being involved in the European Cup should that scenario materialise, whereas previously they sat back did F**k all but milk the club they now have the prospect of the club not progressing and not being able to plunder the funds or use it for security on other deals.
      Lets take it a step further if this situation continued and the club got into real difficulty (I'm having trouble typing this but bear with me) and bankruptcy was a real possibility the brothers grim would desert the ship before it went down nevertheless the club would probably go into receivership and eventually we would end up under new ownership. You know what they say there's no gain without pain.
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009 04:58:17 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply