Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Masch to Juventus?

Read 3633 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Masch to Juventus?
      Oct 09, 2009 11:17:53 am
      Ive just been told that we have agreed a 23 million deal to sell Masch to Juventus in January. Granted the source is an avid Juventus fan reading from there websites. Ill have a scan and see if theres anything more about this.

Masch a £23m target for Juve
      According to a report in the Mirror, the Argentine, who possesses an Italian passport, has become disillusioned with the Merseyside club since the summer departure of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid.

Along with his former team mate, Mascherano was the topic of transfer speculation earlier this year with Barcelona eager for him to move to the Nou Camp, but at the time Rafael Benitez said he would not part with any of his big-name players.

At the time, Mascherano's agent claimed his client was keen to move clubs having "grown tired of England", and following his under-par start to the season, Juventus's interest may well prove enough to lure the 25-year-old away.

It is not the first time Juventus have expressed an interest in Mascherano having tried to sign him from West Ham three years ago before he finally settled on his move to Liverpool.

Link

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2009 11:27:35 am by Reslivo, Reason: Added source. »
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Masch to Juventus?
      Reply #1: Oct 09, 2009 11:23:52 am
      Not going to believe this till it happens!

Who has a greater chance of silverware? Have a think about it and let me know again!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2: Oct 09, 2009 11:27:03 am
      Juve want £23M Javier
      Javier Mascherano could quit Liverpool for Juventus with the Italian giants readying a £23m bid.

It is claimed Mascherano, who possesses an Italian passport, is unhappy at the departure of former midfield partner Xabi Alonso for Real Madrid in the summer.

Rafa Benitez turned down a transfer window approach for Mascherano from Barcelona earlier this year but now faces a fresh bid from the club who tried to sign him from West Ham before he moved to Anfield nearly three years ago.

Juventus are said to want to open talks within the next few weeks ahead of a move in the January window.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Juventus-want-Liverpool-s-Javier-Mascherano-for-23m-article183993.html

Double it.

Then double it again.
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 09, 2009 11:36:39 am
      that'll explain the 12mill rumour though. sell masch for 23 and give rafa 12 to replace him - makes perfect sense if you're either hicks or gillette
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #4: Oct 09, 2009 11:39:37 am
      If they want him its £50m minimum plus at least 2 quality players in exchange if they have them.

No bullshit bids.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 09, 2009 11:53:56 am
      Barca trying to sign Masch , Fabregas.
      But if we are getting yaya + 30 million for Masch. means it will be a good deal, i guess.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #6: Oct 09, 2009 11:54:21 am
      I can't really see this happening, Juventus aren't big enough anymore for Masch in my opinion.
      Even if he did think they were, they already have Diego, Melo, Sissoko and Tiago (lot of 'O's there :D).
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 09, 2009 11:55:11 am
      They won't get him for 23 mil. Maybe 30.

And I doubt he will go to Juventus when he could eassilly go to Barca. They want him, and he wouldn't turn down the best team in the world for anybody else.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #8: Oct 09, 2009 11:55:26 am
      Juve want £23M Javier
      Javier Mascherano could quit Liverpool for Juventus with the Italian giants readying a £23m bid.

It is claimed Mascherano, who possesses an Italian passport, is unhappy at the departure of former midfield partner Xabi Alonso for Real Madrid in the summer.

Rafa Benitez turned down a transfer window approach for Mascherano from Barcelona earlier this year but now faces a fresh bid from the club who tried to sign him from West Ham before he moved to Anfield nearly three years ago.

Juventus are said to want to open talks within the next few weeks ahead of a move in the January window.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Juventus-want-Liverpool-s-Javier-Mascherano-for-23m-article183993.html

Double it.

Then double it again.

plus diego :D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Oct 09, 2009 11:59:53 am
      They won't get him for 23 mil. Maybe 30.

And I doubt he will go to Juventus when he could eassilly go to Barca. They want him, and he wouldn't turn down the best team in the world for anybody else.

I thought we were the biggest team in the world?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Oct 09, 2009 12:02:22 pm
      My fear is two fold.

1) He has a pain in his arse not being allowed go to Barce, and hasnt been a regular pick for us this season

2) The yanks c**ts will see dollar signs and force the sale thru
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 09, 2009 12:09:00 pm
      We should trick them into thinking they're buying Masc, and instead sell them Dossena (who is an Italian International !!!) for that 23 mil.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Oct 09, 2009 12:19:17 pm
      I'll eat a dead dog before he signs for Juve. He's too young for that league.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #13: Oct 09, 2009 12:21:33 pm
      The part that has me thinking this might happen is the fact that he has an Italian passport. If we are to believe that his wife is unhappy because of her visa situation, then he might just go for that reason alone. Plus Juve are going strong in Serie A at the moment.

I hope this doesn't materialise to be honest as i was hoping himself and Aquilani would form a solid partnership in CM.

£23 million is far too little anyways.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #14: Oct 09, 2009 12:31:38 pm
      If I was to believe this I'd say"I'm gonna wait up for Father Christmas and see what he brings me and I bet it's my new range rover that Rafa bought me"K.M.A.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 09, 2009 12:34:42 pm
      I thought we were the biggest team in the world?

We are the BIGGEST TEAM. They're the best.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #16: Oct 09, 2009 12:58:16 pm
      ^^^

Come again??

Suck on one Juve not going to happen.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #17: Oct 09, 2009 01:00:35 pm
      Thats never going to happen. The reason for masch moving to spain is that they speak his language and his wife will be settled there. Moving to Italy doesn't do anything. If he does go to italy he would go to Inter, with all his Argentine buddies there. Story is fake. 23 for masch is a rip-off anyway.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Oct 09, 2009 01:06:46 pm
      I seen this myself this morning and instantly aknowledged it as garbage, as Rafa said Barca couldn't afford Mascherano in the summer so at 23 million in the January window neither could Juventus, complete & utter bollocks IMO :)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #19: Oct 09, 2009 01:07:21 pm
      If these owners of LFC want to sell Mascha then no-one can stop them, but if they do it will be over Rafa's head, and it's that they may be after, hoping he will resign. Do they not realise that Mascha is a one off, there are not that many players that good in his position, I hope this is just wishful thinking by the Italians and nothing more.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #20: Oct 09, 2009 03:55:28 pm
      Guess that makes Dossena our new DM ;)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 09, 2009 04:34:24 pm
      £23M..GOOD ONE....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 09, 2009 04:47:50 pm
      I do get the feeling he will be off next summer, will be gutted if he does. But why would he want to go to Italy?

Quick Reply