Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Masch to Juventus?

Read 3631 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Masch to Juventus?
      Oct 09, 2009 11:17:53 am
      Ive just been told that we have agreed a 23 million deal to sell Masch to Juventus in January. Granted the source is an avid Juventus fan reading from there websites. Ill have a scan and see if theres anything more about this.

Masch a £23m target for Juve
      According to a report in the Mirror, the Argentine, who possesses an Italian passport, has become disillusioned with the Merseyside club since the summer departure of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid.

Along with his former team mate, Mascherano was the topic of transfer speculation earlier this year with Barcelona eager for him to move to the Nou Camp, but at the time Rafael Benitez said he would not part with any of his big-name players.

At the time, Mascherano's agent claimed his client was keen to move clubs having "grown tired of England", and following his under-par start to the season, Juventus's interest may well prove enough to lure the 25-year-old away.

It is not the first time Juventus have expressed an interest in Mascherano having tried to sign him from West Ham three years ago before he finally settled on his move to Liverpool.

Link

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2009 11:27:35 am by Reslivo, Reason: Added source. »
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Masch to Juventus?
      Reply #1: Oct 09, 2009 11:23:52 am
      Not going to believe this till it happens!

Who has a greater chance of silverware? Have a think about it and let me know again!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2: Oct 09, 2009 11:27:03 am
      Juve want £23M Javier
      Javier Mascherano could quit Liverpool for Juventus with the Italian giants readying a £23m bid.

It is claimed Mascherano, who possesses an Italian passport, is unhappy at the departure of former midfield partner Xabi Alonso for Real Madrid in the summer.

Rafa Benitez turned down a transfer window approach for Mascherano from Barcelona earlier this year but now faces a fresh bid from the club who tried to sign him from West Ham before he moved to Anfield nearly three years ago.

Juventus are said to want to open talks within the next few weeks ahead of a move in the January window.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Juventus-want-Liverpool-s-Javier-Mascherano-for-23m-article183993.html

Double it.

Then double it again.
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 09, 2009 11:36:39 am
      that'll explain the 12mill rumour though. sell masch for 23 and give rafa 12 to replace him - makes perfect sense if you're either hicks or gillette
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #4: Oct 09, 2009 11:39:37 am
      If they want him its £50m minimum plus at least 2 quality players in exchange if they have them.

No bullshit bids.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 09, 2009 11:53:56 am
      Barca trying to sign Masch , Fabregas.
      But if we are getting yaya + 30 million for Masch. means it will be a good deal, i guess.
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #6: Oct 09, 2009 11:54:21 am
      I can't really see this happening, Juventus aren't big enough anymore for Masch in my opinion.
      Even if he did think they were, they already have Diego, Melo, Sissoko and Tiago (lot of 'O's there :D).
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 09, 2009 11:55:11 am
      They won't get him for 23 mil. Maybe 30.

And I doubt he will go to Juventus when he could eassilly go to Barca. They want him, and he wouldn't turn down the best team in the world for anybody else.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #8: Oct 09, 2009 11:55:26 am
      Juve want £23M Javier
      Javier Mascherano could quit Liverpool for Juventus with the Italian giants readying a £23m bid.

It is claimed Mascherano, who possesses an Italian passport, is unhappy at the departure of former midfield partner Xabi Alonso for Real Madrid in the summer.

Rafa Benitez turned down a transfer window approach for Mascherano from Barcelona earlier this year but now faces a fresh bid from the club who tried to sign him from West Ham before he moved to Anfield nearly three years ago.

Juventus are said to want to open talks within the next few weeks ahead of a move in the January window.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Juventus-want-Liverpool-s-Javier-Mascherano-for-23m-article183993.html

Double it.

Then double it again.

plus diego :D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Oct 09, 2009 11:59:53 am
      They won't get him for 23 mil. Maybe 30.

And I doubt he will go to Juventus when he could eassilly go to Barca. They want him, and he wouldn't turn down the best team in the world for anybody else.

I thought we were the biggest team in the world?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Oct 09, 2009 12:02:22 pm
      My fear is two fold.

1) He has a pain in his arse not being allowed go to Barce, and hasnt been a regular pick for us this season

2) The yanks c**ts will see dollar signs and force the sale thru
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 09, 2009 12:09:00 pm
      We should trick them into thinking they're buying Masc, and instead sell them Dossena (who is an Italian International !!!) for that 23 mil.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Oct 09, 2009 12:19:17 pm
      I'll eat a dead dog before he signs for Juve. He's too young for that league.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #13: Oct 09, 2009 12:21:33 pm
      The part that has me thinking this might happen is the fact that he has an Italian passport. If we are to believe that his wife is unhappy because of her visa situation, then he might just go for that reason alone. Plus Juve are going strong in Serie A at the moment.

I hope this doesn't materialise to be honest as i was hoping himself and Aquilani would form a solid partnership in CM.

£23 million is far too little anyways.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #14: Oct 09, 2009 12:31:38 pm
      If I was to believe this I'd say"I'm gonna wait up for Father Christmas and see what he brings me and I bet it's my new range rover that Rafa bought me"K.M.A.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 09, 2009 12:34:42 pm
      I thought we were the biggest team in the world?

We are the BIGGEST TEAM. They're the best.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #16: Oct 09, 2009 12:58:16 pm
      ^^^

Come again??

Suck on one Juve not going to happen.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #17: Oct 09, 2009 01:00:35 pm
      Thats never going to happen. The reason for masch moving to spain is that they speak his language and his wife will be settled there. Moving to Italy doesn't do anything. If he does go to italy he would go to Inter, with all his Argentine buddies there. Story is fake. 23 for masch is a rip-off anyway.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Oct 09, 2009 01:06:46 pm
      I seen this myself this morning and instantly aknowledged it as garbage, as Rafa said Barca couldn't afford Mascherano in the summer so at 23 million in the January window neither could Juventus, complete & utter bollocks IMO :)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #19: Oct 09, 2009 01:07:21 pm
      If these owners of LFC want to sell Mascha then no-one can stop them, but if they do it will be over Rafa's head, and it's that they may be after, hoping he will resign. Do they not realise that Mascha is a one off, there are not that many players that good in his position, I hope this is just wishful thinking by the Italians and nothing more.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #20: Oct 09, 2009 03:55:28 pm
      Guess that makes Dossena our new DM ;)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 09, 2009 04:34:24 pm
      £23M..GOOD ONE....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 09, 2009 04:47:50 pm
      I do get the feeling he will be off next summer, will be gutted if he does. But why would he want to go to Italy?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #23: Oct 09, 2009 05:00:32 pm
      Here's a bit of idle speculation on my part:

Mascherano was dying to move to Barcelona this summer. Rafa didn't let him, Masch probably wasn't too happy about it. Not exactly the Alonso-Barry saga of the previous summer, but some similarities.

Whilst I don't think Juventus would be Masch's dream club, I, like others wouldn't be surprised to see him move on at the end of the season, even if I wouldn't be happy about it.

There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Rafa's insistence at playing Lucas at the start of this season, and I'm wondering if the combination of our obvious lack of spending money, and Masch's seeming willingness to leave, could lead to the conclusion that Rafa sees a longer-term solution to the problem in Lucas, which is why, this season, he's trying to give him a maximum of playing time, to give him more experience.

Like I say, idle speculation, but who knows?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #24: Oct 09, 2009 05:03:11 pm
      I will say that it seems like Masch has had his head turned by Barca's interest and has seen his arse a little bit. His performances are at times resembling a man who wants to be somewhere else.

I for one won't be surprised if he goes, either in January or next summer and our midfield pairing will be Lucas and Aquilani.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25: Oct 09, 2009 05:06:31 pm
      I seen this myself this morning and instantly aknowledged it as garbage, as Rafa said Barca couldn't afford Mascherano in the summer so at 23 million in the January window neither could Juventus, complete & utter bollocks IMO :)
      This is bollocks indeed Daz coupled with the January windfall of 12mill to rescue our season and now it would appear the manager has apparently to replace Masherano, this is getting confusing or if you took any notice of the press it would be.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #26: Oct 09, 2009 05:08:37 pm
      If Masch goes we should bring in another mdifilelder VDV and another player. But 23m, go f*ck yourself Juve ,30m and then we're talking!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #27: Oct 09, 2009 05:09:27 pm
      I will say that it seems like Masch has had his head turned by Barca's interest and has seen his arse a little bit. His performances are at times resembling a man who wants to be somewhere else.

I for one won't be surprised if he goes, either in January or next summer

Hmmm, sad to say but I think you could be right.  I'll be gutted if he goes, but if it happens and he does go to Juve it had better be for a LOT more than £23 million.  That's a laughably low price.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #28: Oct 09, 2009 05:11:02 pm
      How much did we pay for him? Wasn't it £17 million?

The exact total escapes me.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 09, 2009 05:11:16 pm
      No F***ing way masch going to Italy
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #30: Oct 09, 2009 05:18:58 pm
      Thanks Yanks, we are now a selling club!!!! Who next? Torres!
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #31: Oct 09, 2009 05:36:05 pm
      How much did we pay for him? Wasn't it £17 million?

The exact total escapes me.

18.6 million according to wikipedia.

Can't believe the lad is only 25.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #32: Oct 09, 2009 05:37:46 pm
      Anyone ever notice how these stories always seem to pop up during weeks when there's no games?

I think the media just needs something, anything to write about.

Barca i could understand , but why the hell would he want to go to Juve?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #33: Oct 09, 2009 05:39:12 pm
      Juve were in for him when he was at West Ham but he came to us.

Just reviving their interest i suppose.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #34: Oct 09, 2009 06:03:14 pm
      Juve were in for him when he was at West Ham but he came to us.

Just reviving their interest i suppose.

I know why Juve would want him
      but why would Masch want to go there.

Hopefully this is all bullshite
      But where's there is smoke there's usually fire

Just hope he waits til next summer, then adios buddy
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 09, 2009 07:07:05 pm
      if a player wants to leave let him go,else he can refuse to put in 100% performaces and that can have severe results to our club.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36: Oct 09, 2009 07:11:28 pm
      Total Bollocks
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #37: Oct 09, 2009 07:15:54 pm
      Here's a bit of idle speculation on my part:

Mascherano was dying to move to Barcelona this summer. Rafa didn't let him, Masch probably wasn't too happy about it. Not exactly the Alonso-Barry saga of the previous summer, but some similarities.

Whilst I don't think Juventus would be Masch's dream club, I, like others wouldn't be surprised to see him move on at the end of the season, even if I wouldn't be happy about it.

There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Rafa's insistence at playing Lucas at the start of this season, and I'm wondering if the combination of our obvious lack of spending money, and Masch's seeming willingness to leave, could lead to the conclusion that Rafa sees a longer-term solution to the problem in Lucas, which is why, this season, he's trying to give him a maximum of playing time, to give him more experience.

Like I say, idle speculation, but who knows?

Interesting.

I hope not though. Let's face it, Lucas will never be the same class as Mascherano. Mascherano is only going to improve himself and in my opinion he's long long way ahead of Lucas.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #38: Oct 09, 2009 07:36:02 pm
      Interesting.

I hope not though. Let's face it, Lucas will never be the same class as Mascherano. Mascherano is only going to improve himself and in my opinion he's long long way ahead of Lucas.

I wasn't suggesting Lucas was, or will be after one season, as good as Mascherano, who is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.

I was just wondering if Rafa, knowing the probable lack of investment we'll receive for transfers over the next couple of years, was trying to fill possible gaps in our line-up we might have with players we already have in our squad.

Just an idea I had based on events since the start of the season.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #39: Oct 09, 2009 07:55:52 pm
      Jay Spearing = Future. Sell him off, get Villa/Silva we are done.

Hmm, sorry was off in my perfect world. Honestly we would be furthering everyone elses claims of not being a big club anymore if we were forced into selling Masch, and i do not want to see him go. His game at Chelsea showed what he can do at his best (despite the one obvious glitch) and in this period of instability we are in as far as personel goes, the last thing we need is to offload another high quality player.
      As most have said, most likely bullshit. But with that c**t of a manager he has got, i won't be taking any rumor lightly.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #40: Oct 09, 2009 08:14:10 pm
      Rafa wanted 50 million for him in the summer, why would he settle for less than half?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #41: Oct 09, 2009 10:05:39 pm
      This will never happen Juve signed Melo as their defensive midfielder just last summer and Rafa wont except 23 Miliion for Masch... Also this was released by The sun... ::) ::)
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #42: Oct 09, 2009 10:27:57 pm
      a straight swap for messi would do .....to barcelona then you moaning argie.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #43: Oct 09, 2009 10:56:08 pm
      If anything if you buy a good player in January the price is usually very inflated because no team wants to sell there best players half way through a season, £23 million come off it he was £50 million in the summer they would want to be talking about at least £60 million, Juve must think we are a selling club now.

And anyway if Argentina qualify for the World cup it would be hardly ideal preparation for there captain to be up rooting and going to another club a couple of months before the world cup.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Oct 10, 2009 12:13:07 am
      Wont happen, well not during the season for sure!

Plus, £23m, Rafa would laugh in their faces :laugh:
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 10, 2009 12:15:28 am
      Lets get real. There is no way Liverpool will refuse a bid of £30m for Macha. Like it or not we cannot compete financially with Barca or Real and any bid around that mark will have to be considered. Keeping an unhappy player or £30m, i know which i would choose. Lets just hope we get to spend that money on transfers.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #46: Oct 10, 2009 12:30:12 am
      For me ,he will be the gobshit*s next cash cow.He will go in the summer to provide our next transfer budget. My concern is that we don't have many quality "cash cows" left, so after that,if they remain, we get to the point of no return.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #47: Oct 10, 2009 02:31:43 pm
      better let him go and bring a striker
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #48: Oct 10, 2009 10:11:55 pm
      If masch goes to Juventus in the January transfer market for 23 Million I will chop off my balls and eat them... :f_whistle: :f_whistle:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #49: Oct 10, 2009 10:12:26 pm
      If masch goes to Juventus in the January transfer market for 23 Million I will chop off my balls and eat them... :f_whistle: :f_whistle:

Hold you to that.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #50: Oct 10, 2009 10:14:26 pm
      You can I don't mind cause it will never happen... And if it does well then Im fudged....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #51: Oct 11, 2009 01:25:21 am
      International week is it?

Also notice there wasn't a quote from Javier or his agent!

Complete sh*te.

Quick Reply