Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Masch to Juventus?

Read 3630 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Masch to Juventus?
      Reply #23: Oct 09, 2009 05:00:32 pm
      Here's a bit of idle speculation on my part:

Mascherano was dying to move to Barcelona this summer. Rafa didn't let him, Masch probably wasn't too happy about it. Not exactly the Alonso-Barry saga of the previous summer, but some similarities.

Whilst I don't think Juventus would be Masch's dream club, I, like others wouldn't be surprised to see him move on at the end of the season, even if I wouldn't be happy about it.

There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Rafa's insistence at playing Lucas at the start of this season, and I'm wondering if the combination of our obvious lack of spending money, and Masch's seeming willingness to leave, could lead to the conclusion that Rafa sees a longer-term solution to the problem in Lucas, which is why, this season, he's trying to give him a maximum of playing time, to give him more experience.

Like I say, idle speculation, but who knows?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #24: Oct 09, 2009 05:03:11 pm
      I will say that it seems like Masch has had his head turned by Barca's interest and has seen his arse a little bit. His performances are at times resembling a man who wants to be somewhere else.

I for one won't be surprised if he goes, either in January or next summer and our midfield pairing will be Lucas and Aquilani.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25: Oct 09, 2009 05:06:31 pm
      I seen this myself this morning and instantly aknowledged it as garbage, as Rafa said Barca couldn't afford Mascherano in the summer so at 23 million in the January window neither could Juventus, complete & utter bollocks IMO :)
      This is bollocks indeed Daz coupled with the January windfall of 12mill to rescue our season and now it would appear the manager has apparently to replace Masherano, this is getting confusing or if you took any notice of the press it would be.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #26: Oct 09, 2009 05:08:37 pm
      If Masch goes we should bring in another mdifilelder VDV and another player. But 23m, go f*ck yourself Juve ,30m and then we're talking!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #27: Oct 09, 2009 05:09:27 pm
      I will say that it seems like Masch has had his head turned by Barca's interest and has seen his arse a little bit. His performances are at times resembling a man who wants to be somewhere else.

I for one won't be surprised if he goes, either in January or next summer

Hmmm, sad to say but I think you could be right.  I'll be gutted if he goes, but if it happens and he does go to Juve it had better be for a LOT more than £23 million.  That's a laughably low price.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #28: Oct 09, 2009 05:11:02 pm
      How much did we pay for him? Wasn't it £17 million?

The exact total escapes me.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 09, 2009 05:11:16 pm
      No F***ing way masch going to Italy
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #30: Oct 09, 2009 05:18:58 pm
      Thanks Yanks, we are now a selling club!!!! Who next? Torres!
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #31: Oct 09, 2009 05:36:05 pm
      How much did we pay for him? Wasn't it £17 million?

The exact total escapes me.

18.6 million according to wikipedia.

Can't believe the lad is only 25.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #32: Oct 09, 2009 05:37:46 pm
      Anyone ever notice how these stories always seem to pop up during weeks when there's no games?

I think the media just needs something, anything to write about.

Barca i could understand , but why the hell would he want to go to Juve?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #33: Oct 09, 2009 05:39:12 pm
      Juve were in for him when he was at West Ham but he came to us.

Just reviving their interest i suppose.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #34: Oct 09, 2009 06:03:14 pm
      Juve were in for him when he was at West Ham but he came to us.

Just reviving their interest i suppose.

I know why Juve would want him
      but why would Masch want to go there.

Hopefully this is all bullshite
      But where's there is smoke there's usually fire

Just hope he waits til next summer, then adios buddy
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 09, 2009 07:07:05 pm
      if a player wants to leave let him go,else he can refuse to put in 100% performaces and that can have severe results to our club.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36: Oct 09, 2009 07:11:28 pm
      Total Bollocks
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #37: Oct 09, 2009 07:15:54 pm
      Here's a bit of idle speculation on my part:

Mascherano was dying to move to Barcelona this summer. Rafa didn't let him, Masch probably wasn't too happy about it. Not exactly the Alonso-Barry saga of the previous summer, but some similarities.

Whilst I don't think Juventus would be Masch's dream club, I, like others wouldn't be surprised to see him move on at the end of the season, even if I wouldn't be happy about it.

There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Rafa's insistence at playing Lucas at the start of this season, and I'm wondering if the combination of our obvious lack of spending money, and Masch's seeming willingness to leave, could lead to the conclusion that Rafa sees a longer-term solution to the problem in Lucas, which is why, this season, he's trying to give him a maximum of playing time, to give him more experience.

Like I say, idle speculation, but who knows?

Interesting.

I hope not though. Let's face it, Lucas will never be the same class as Mascherano. Mascherano is only going to improve himself and in my opinion he's long long way ahead of Lucas.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #38: Oct 09, 2009 07:36:02 pm
      Interesting.

I hope not though. Let's face it, Lucas will never be the same class as Mascherano. Mascherano is only going to improve himself and in my opinion he's long long way ahead of Lucas.

I wasn't suggesting Lucas was, or will be after one season, as good as Mascherano, who is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.

I was just wondering if Rafa, knowing the probable lack of investment we'll receive for transfers over the next couple of years, was trying to fill possible gaps in our line-up we might have with players we already have in our squad.

Just an idea I had based on events since the start of the season.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #39: Oct 09, 2009 07:55:52 pm
      Jay Spearing = Future. Sell him off, get Villa/Silva we are done.

Hmm, sorry was off in my perfect world. Honestly we would be furthering everyone elses claims of not being a big club anymore if we were forced into selling Masch, and i do not want to see him go. His game at Chelsea showed what he can do at his best (despite the one obvious glitch) and in this period of instability we are in as far as personel goes, the last thing we need is to offload another high quality player.
      As most have said, most likely bullshit. But with that c**t of a manager he has got, i won't be taking any rumor lightly.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #40: Oct 09, 2009 08:14:10 pm
      Rafa wanted 50 million for him in the summer, why would he settle for less than half?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #41: Oct 09, 2009 10:05:39 pm
      This will never happen Juve signed Melo as their defensive midfielder just last summer and Rafa wont except 23 Miliion for Masch... Also this was released by The sun... ::) ::)
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #42: Oct 09, 2009 10:27:57 pm
      a straight swap for messi would do .....to barcelona then you moaning argie.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #43: Oct 09, 2009 10:56:08 pm
      If anything if you buy a good player in January the price is usually very inflated because no team wants to sell there best players half way through a season, £23 million come off it he was £50 million in the summer they would want to be talking about at least £60 million, Juve must think we are a selling club now.

And anyway if Argentina qualify for the World cup it would be hardly ideal preparation for there captain to be up rooting and going to another club a couple of months before the world cup.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Oct 10, 2009 12:13:07 am
      Wont happen, well not during the season for sure!

Plus, £23m, Rafa would laugh in their faces :laugh:
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 10, 2009 12:15:28 am
      Lets get real. There is no way Liverpool will refuse a bid of £30m for Macha. Like it or not we cannot compete financially with Barca or Real and any bid around that mark will have to be considered. Keeping an unhappy player or £30m, i know which i would choose. Lets just hope we get to spend that money on transfers.

Quick Reply