Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Baseball Playoffs

Read 10144 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Baseball Playoffs
      Reply #46: Nov 06, 2009 04:42:57 am
      Yeah first Japanese player to win it, they said it in some news report i saw today. Yeah that's it, they were the team that led the whole competition for most of the season, and did deserve it. I'm reading a lot of places that Matsui's performance last night was one of the best they have seen in the World Series, how was it for all you baseball regulars? I haven't watched World Series baseball for a few years since it was always on at a bad time in Australia for me to watch, but for me it was one of the best performances i have seen in any game i have seen. He just looked like he was going to do something every time. Even when he wasn't scoring, his foul balls were just slightly off target and you knew something was going to happen. Was fantastic to watch, will be buying myself a shirt off the website :D
      Especially after the disappointing end to the last season in the old stadium, what a way to begin the new era. I really can't wait until i get over to the east coast and experience Yankee Stadium for myself. Apart from Anfield, that is high on my list of places to go along with a Patriots game and Ducks game, and the Knicks at Madison Square.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #47: Nov 06, 2009 06:54:29 pm
      Just back from the parade. Great day to be a Yankees fan. Had a couple of exceptional pints of Guinness while i was at it. Back at work now.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #48: Nov 07, 2009 04:00:35 am
      New York really is the best city in the world. If any of you English want to know whats its like to be a sports fan in America. Go to a Parade in the "Canyon of Heroes" after a Champioship (just dont wear a Mets Jersey)

I went to the 96' parade.  Awesome!   The whole atmosphere was beyond explanation. It was a 2 hour constant barage of confetti and paper just raining down into the "canyon".  A mile of Drum and Pipers from the FDNY Band.   We Spent 4 hours in the Blarney Stone Pub after the parade.  Which tragically is now gone due to the WTC collapse.  Skipped work and school for 2 days. One of the best days of my life.  I actually got a ball from Jeter which he threw to me from the float. 

Although, I have to admit the Rangers Parade in 94' was better. Dont remember too much about it. I woke up the next day with a nasty hangover and no shoes. >:D Good Times.

If any of you English want to know whats its like to be a sports fan in America. Go to a Parade in the "Canyon of Heroes" after a Champioship. I'll put that up against running with the bulls in Pamplona, Mardi-Gras in N.Orleans or Carnival in Rio.  Its just one of the things you should do before you die.

Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #49: Nov 07, 2009 04:26:45 am
      I went to the 96' parade.  Awesome!   The whole atmosphere was beyond explanation. It was a 2 hour constant barage of confetti and paper just raining down into the "canyon".  A mile of Drum and Pipers from the FDNY Band.   We Spent 4 hours in the Blarney Stone Pub after the parade.  Which tragically is now gone due to the WTC collapse.  Skipped work and school for 2 days. One of the best days of my life.  I actually got a ball from Jeter which he threw to me from the float. 

Although, I have to admit the Rangers Parade in 94' was better. Dont remember too much about it. I woke up the next day with a nasty hangover and no shoes. >:D Good Times.

'96 was my personal favorite. I had a great day and ended up at the Pussy Cat Lounge.

I'm more of a baseball fan than hockey, so the Yankees parade edges '94. I did have a great day in 94, though. Parade, a day out, Soundgarden at The Armory on the superunknown tour. The weather was better too, of course.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #50: Nov 07, 2009 05:02:23 am
      https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/sichamps_09worldseries.jhtml?experience_id=250571&source_id=7&_requestid=626527&_requestid=626527

Decent offer there if you feel like subscribing to a year of Sports Illustrated for a few Yankees souvenirs that come with.

Quick Reply