Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Aquilani slams Roma

Read 2480 times
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 228 posts |
      Aquilani slams Roma
      Oct 07, 2009 03:26:42 am
      Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has given a stinging assessment of Roma's medical staff, accusing his former club of failing to meet his needs in the treatment room.

The Italian is on the verge of making his debut for Liverpool. He may feature in their next game, which is against Sunderland, after recovering from a long-term ankle injury.

"I changed many doctors at Roma and there was never any consistency in the treatment to cure me," Aquilani is quoted as saying in Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"I have noted a big difference here [at Liverpool]. From the first moment I was told I would not be rushed back into action to avoid further problems.

"Now I cannot wait to put all my physical problems behind me."

Aquilani joined Liverpool in the summer following Xabi Alonso's departure to Real Madrid.
      Sorry if this is the wrong place to post or something its my first thread just heard this now so i think its relavanta
      « Last Edit: Oct 07, 2009 06:09:55 am by ayrton77, Reason: It\'s Aquilani, not Aqualani »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Aqualani slams Roma
      Reply #1: Oct 07, 2009 03:36:11 am
      Well lets hope this is true is all i can say, could be all talk, could be the truth. Certainly hope we have been able to make a difference in this lads recovery.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #2: Oct 07, 2009 03:37:21 am
      Lets just hope that it was their fault so he can put his injury worries behind him.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3: Oct 07, 2009 04:59:54 am
      As long as he is not playing on the old blame game tactic and keeps focused on LFC rather than scoring points then great
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #4: Oct 07, 2009 05:18:06 am
      we'll probably see the very best of him next season. having not seen him an awful lot, the one thing i know that he can do is pass a ball. lets hope we have sorted his injury out and he can finally pull some much needed strings in midfield.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #5: Oct 07, 2009 05:50:50 am
      Hope this is the truth. Aquilani could be huge for us
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Re: Aquilani slams Roma
      Reply #6: Oct 07, 2009 07:24:54 am
      he will get us back up the table where we need to be
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Oct 07, 2009 08:42:48 am
      Kudos on posting this in a new topic, mate ;)

Can't blame him, i would act like that too.
      CocoLoso
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 07, 2009 08:57:48 am
      rio09 you muppet, dont expect things like that from Aquilani or else you will be dissapointed when he fails under the pressure. He may choke like choko williams.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Oct 07, 2009 09:35:55 am
      rio09 you muppet, dont expect things like that from Aquilani or else you will be dissapointed when he fails under the pressure. He may choke like choko williams.

How about you don't slate him so easily when he is just stating what he is hoping for? And stop using AFL analogies, not many people get them. And I am a Port fan, so not appreciated ::)
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #10: Oct 07, 2009 11:11:06 am
      Man this guy is going to get such a huge cheer when he gets on the pitch and touches the ball for the first time. I know I'm going to be screaming from home "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Oct 07, 2009 11:53:55 am
      Well lets hope its true and our medical staff have cured his long standing problem, I'm all for him stating what a difference there is in our medical treatement as if thats what he genuinely feels, then he may just be confident himself that is the end to his problems and theres nothing better than hearing it from the horse's mouth per say.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 228 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 07, 2009 01:01:47 pm
      just saw this,

Alberto Aquilani's agent, Franco Zavaglia, claims his man never spoke about Roma's medical team in an unfavourable light.

A number of Italian papers carried quotes that were attributed to the player on Tuesday. Aquilani was quoted by Il Corriere Dello Sport as saying, "I changed many doctors at Roma and there was never any consistency in the treatment to cure me.

"I have noted a big difference here [at Liverpool]. From the first moment I was told I would not be rushed back into action to avoid further problems.

However, Zavaglia has stepped in to deny that his client spoke with the press.

"Alberto has never spoken to the media since his unveiling at Liverpool," Zavaglia told Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"He grew up at Roma and he will always be tied to the club and its medical staff.

"The papers have invented these things, which have no connection with reality."

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Oct 07, 2009 02:10:28 pm
      Kudos on posting this in a new topic, mate ;)

Can't blame him, i would act like that too.

As i was saying, well done on keeping it quiet Alberto :D
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #14: Oct 07, 2009 02:17:27 pm
      just saw this,

Alberto Aquilani's agent, Franco Zavaglia, claims his man never spoke about Roma's medical team in an unfavourable light.

A number of Italian papers carried quotes that were attributed to the player on Tuesday. Aquilani was quoted by Il Corriere Dello Sport as saying, "I changed many doctors at Roma and there was never any consistency in the treatment to cure me.

However, Zavaglia has stepped in to deny that his client spoke with the press.

"Alberto has never spoken to the media since his unveiling at Liverpool," Zavaglia told Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"He grew up at Roma and he will always be tied to the club and its medical staff.

"The papers have invented these things, which have no connection with reality."

;D thats put a twist on things.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Oct 07, 2009 02:23:01 pm
      Hasn't it just, however its not like he's damned if he did or damned if if he didn't with us Liverpool fans, the denial is obviously more for the Roma fans, who'm he obviously has affections for. Well you think Roma fans are something special Aqua, wait till you rock the Kop :)
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #16: Oct 07, 2009 03:25:25 pm
      A little less conversation a little more action.
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #17: Oct 07, 2009 03:34:24 pm
      Christ I hope this lad hits the ground running.

Come on Aquilani.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Oct 07, 2009 03:37:48 pm
      Christ I hope this lad hits the ground running.

Come on Aquilani.

Shouldn't this be renamed the Aquilani Slashes Roma thread.

What with him being from Rome and all that!

Bet he's got a scooter as well.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #19: Oct 07, 2009 05:07:02 pm
      He said what he said but I don't think it was a dig at Roma, as his agent said he grew up in Rome so I suppose it would be like SG leaving us and then have a pop at us, It just wouldn't happen...Newspapers as usual, stirring the pot...
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #20: Oct 08, 2009 08:11:36 am
      He is the key to us winning the title.He can be like the james hird of liverpool
      stampy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 11, 2009 08:13:09 am
      hope this player is as good as the money alonso is hard to replace and weve missed him.come on Aquilani. ???

Quick Reply