Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

What to do about H&G: From An American Viewpoint

Read 11837 times
      idwLFC89
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 252 posts | 11 
      Re: What to do about H&G: From An American Viewpoint
      Reply #46: Jan 21, 2010 07:00:50 pm
      What if we had an american style protest against the yanks? What I mean by that is, in the United States when the fans gets pissed off at the ownership or the coaching staff, they make themselves heard. You see it all the time at Football games, at baseball games, just fans with posters voicing their opinions. I know you all have banners, but I think using posters with just short clever phrases that get the point across, could be useful.

I mean, the camera wouldn't even have to zero in to see the full extent of the protest

maybe sometime toward the end of the season?

I'm just trying to be a proactive supporter. I may not be from Liverpool, but I've invested so much time, money, and heart in becoming a Liverpool supporter, there's no going back now. I want to be able to support this club when I'm old and grey, and I refuse to sit by while H&G reek havoc on our club. I dunno, I believe that we're the most proactive supporters in Britain, but we're dealing with a whole new animal with these two. They aren't scouse, they aren't english, they aren't even european, I mean, they're trying to compare the Kop End to an endzone. So I think we have to be creative to get their attention
      liver-lad1984
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #47: Jan 24, 2010 08:18:51 pm
      Hi guys im new on here and would just like to say what an excellent idea this is, I have been reading a lot lately on these two idiots mainly on RAWK and SOS. I am going to put all of my efforts into finding a way to get the ball rolling asap.

I think the comment about going to the ESPN studio for a peaceful protest is a great way to go about it, imagine if even 50 passionate Lfc fans arrived at the doors and began singing YNWA holding banners they would surely want to know what it was all in aid of.

If nothing happens just go back again the next day, and then the next until they have to find out why it's happening.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #48: Jan 24, 2010 08:25:36 pm
      Hi guys im new on here and would just like to say what an excellent idea this is, I have been reading a lot lately on these two idiots mainly on RAWK and SOS. I am going to put all of my efforts into finding a way to get the ball rolling asap.

I think the comment about going to the ESPN studio for a peaceful protest is a great way to go about it, imagine if even 50 passionate Lfc fans arrived at the doors and began singing YNWA holding banners they would surely want to know what it was all in aid of.

Good to see right from ya first post you are right on board with this :) Welcome mate!

This is it, the protests need to start here in the US now as well. Unfortunately as well organized and as good as the Anfield protests were, its like shooting an arrow at a tank as far as the distance from Anfield to these cu*ts places in the US. They know that they are not going to be hounded here, well that needs to be changed. If sh*t started happening here, sports networks would inevitably show some of it, and that would bring the pressure on them. And thats what is needed, pressure to perform there duties as owners or get out. Get out, preferably, obviously.
      liver-lad1984
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #49: Jan 24, 2010 08:32:56 pm
      Hi bigvYNWA thanks for the welcome mate and as for the ESPN protest i was talking about in my post, presumably they have offices in various states. The BBC has them in London and Manchester and the UK is very small the ESPN protesting could be carried out at each regional office thus maximising visibility only a small number of fans would be needed for them to take this story to the tv. Just an idea.

Anyways see you later gotta get to the hospital to see my baby.

Quick Reply