Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Sunderland?

Lucas Leiva
      (9.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      (69.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      (20.5%)

Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown

Read 41402 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown
      Reply #230: Oct 17, 2009 10:33:51 pm
      I can't believe the ball was thrown by a Liverpool fan.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #231: Oct 17, 2009 10:33:56 pm
      F***ing c**t whoever put the beachball on to the pitch, showed who it was on SSN. Anyone know him and can name him?

Haven't actually seen the game bar about a few minutes as of yet but from what I have heard/read the only real positives are Agger making his comeback from injury and Spearing getting to start.

Right... "it was the beachball m'lord"

Why don't you go down and throw a load of beachballs in on top of Ben Foster next weekend, might be a better option than throwing on Voronin & Ngog
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #232: Oct 17, 2009 10:35:09 pm
      F***ing c**t whoever put the beachball on to the pitch, showed who it was on SSN. Anyone know him and can name him?

Haven't actually seen the game bar about a few minutes as of yet but from what I have heard/read the only real positives are Agger making his comeback from injury and Spearing getting to start.

From what I've seen it's a 10 - 12 year old kid, so maybe in that sense we should lay off.

I was as pissed off as anyone during and just after the game, but from the images I've seen on SSN, the lad is a young Liverpool fan wearing a JFT96 sticker, he'll be feeling like sh*t now and SSN want to speak to him, I'd tell them to F**k off, they are complete and utter cu*ts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #233: Oct 17, 2009 10:40:33 pm
      Right... "it was the beachball m'lord"

Why don't you go down and throw a load of beachballs in on top of Ben Foster next weekend, might be a better option than throwing on Voronin & Ngog

If Ben Foster is in goal then Carragher could play up front never mind the beachball.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #234: Oct 17, 2009 10:41:43 pm
       I think it is time for the MODS to delete above threads that do not conform to the thread title. Now back to the topic I was very disappointed in the the way we played and did not appear to have a clue as to how we should contain any counter attack.I thought our strike force was none existant but Sunderlands was a dam sight worse.I felt sorry for Spearing having to make his premier debut in a poor L.F.C.side,it is always easier to come into a successful side.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #235: Oct 17, 2009 10:50:33 pm
      Agree Billy1 - think Spearing didn't get a chance to shine and some of my mates who went to the game have a v negative view of his skills as a result.  Poor performance overall and we only started playing after we reverted to 4.4.2 God why did Rafa change the system for a must win game.  Babel is a major disappointment as is Lucas and should be sold in Jan window - please!!!!!   :f_wah:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #236: Oct 17, 2009 10:56:57 pm
      A F***ing beach ball ...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #237: Oct 17, 2009 11:13:17 pm

From a Liverpool fan. Talk about a kick in the teeth!
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #238: Oct 17, 2009 11:13:54 pm
      bet that guy regrets throwing that beach ball now doesnt he
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #239: Oct 17, 2009 11:14:51 pm
      bet that guy regrets throwing that beach ball now doesnt he
      I would say so yes especially if people around him saw it.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #240: Oct 17, 2009 11:25:28 pm
      When Torres and Gerrard are missing one would think someone in a Liverpool shirt might like to take control of the match. It seems the only other player capable of such a feat is Mascherano, who came on too late into the match. Realistically, I cant see why people are comfortable in using a beach ball as the scapegoat, when we all know in truth the only team who looked like scoring out there was Sunderland, how many chances did they spawn?  How much worse could the score have been?

The only player I saw really trying to attack them was Johnson, and he was our best player, despite losing the ball on several occasions. Going forward, he was the only Liverpool player who looked dangerous.
      Babel was poor and once again has proved he is not the answer, and once again the lack of striker options raises its head. In all honesty a Peter Crouch, a Robbie Keane, or even a Craig Bellamy. Could they have done worse for us than what we have?  To those who may reply with how useless they were when wearing a Liverpool shirt, I would say then how come they are playing well now they are not with us. ?
      It is no disgrace to concede a goal away to a side like Sunderland, but we need to be winning games, and to win games we need to be scoring.
      Our left hand side today was non existant, the only attacking menace whatsoever came down the right side with Johnson, and without Torres and Gerrard the quality is simply not there to play through the middle. Kuyt and Benayoun both looked off the pace today so lets just blame the internationals for this one, and thank the lord that Chelsea suffered a similar fate.
      I still see Chelsea as the team to finish ahead of if we are to win the title, and if they had gained another 3 points on us it would have been curtains.

Still in there with a sniff!

Cassidy05
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #241: Oct 17, 2009 11:29:26 pm
      Babel is a major disappointment as is Lucas and should be sold in Jan window - please!!!!!   :f_wah:

I agree bable was absolute sh*te, ha no F***ing control over his legs.
      But to be fair to lucas, he was one of the players who actually was half awake this game.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #242: Oct 17, 2009 11:36:08 pm
      I just hope both of our key players are ready for the Lyon game and we get a win no matter how ugly.  Then we are unscathed for the coin toss that will be the Mancs match.  We sorely need more world class players but are skint.  Poor Rafa's gonna get so much stick for the position we are in and it's only partly down to him although I think his fomation today seemed to confuse the back 4 completely.  Why we allowed Bent and co so much space is beyond me it's basic in footy to close an attack down :f_steam: .  It was only 1 goal which should have been disallowed ( but in truth their poor finishing/Reina saved us)  
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #243: Oct 17, 2009 11:43:16 pm
      Gutted With our recent form but im confident we will bounce back

last season 6 point behind with 6 games left = we are in the title hunt
      this season 7 behind with about 30 games left = our title ambition over?
      what the F**k is that about? a nice win against the scum next week and things will start looking better
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #244: Oct 17, 2009 11:48:10 pm
      It's just the quality of our strike force minus T & G is woeful.  Yossi/Dirk looked poor and were v easily crowded out by defenders.  No creativity @ all so where does that come from when we have injuries to key players?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #245: Oct 17, 2009 11:57:36 pm
      We lose to a beach ball with a patched up team because of the internationals and everyone thinks the sky is falling.
      Get a grip boys. Always look on the bright side of life.
      Torres Gerrard and Aquilani for the manure game... sweet.
      Only person i feel sorry for is the poor little kid who showed up to enjoy the game with his dad and mishit some lfc merchandise
      with dire consequences
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #246: Oct 18, 2009 12:08:37 am
      Well yes that is a positive but we should have the quality to beat Sunderland really and we didn't show enough until the 2nd half when I admit we had them pinned back in their pen box searching for the equiliser.  But they defended better than us simples!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #247: Oct 18, 2009 12:10:29 am
      what the F**k is that about? a nice win against the scum next week and things will start looking better

Finally. A bit of sanity.  How many points behind were we in February/March last year? About 12 or so weren't we.
      g.adair
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #248: Oct 18, 2009 12:13:48 am
      the way i see it is you always have a run of a few bad games ..where just getting ours out the way early.
      you cant blame the beachball there was still no passion no one looks like they want to were the shirt i think a major clearout is in order in january....trim the dead wood
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #249: Oct 18, 2009 12:19:41 am
      That's exactly the problem no passion/commitment or intensity about that performance.  Even after the deflected goal I only saw a glimpse of the endeavour Sunderland was showing!!!!  :mad: Need every player to give 150% to get us out of the current position...I also hate losing to a team like Sunderland..they maybe stronger but I still think we have better quality when we want to show it   :f_steam:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #250: Oct 18, 2009 12:22:28 am
      Mascherano played well when he came on considering the round the world trip he was on and his later arrival back. Spearing and Lucas couldnt control the middle, but did anyone expect them to. Always going to be a tough game. Sunderland are a very good side this year. We are going to need a good run of games to get back on track. Three big games coming up. The team will pull together for them. Its not that long ago we were scoring freely. Take the fingers away from the panic buttons
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,058 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #251: Oct 18, 2009 12:34:15 am
      Gutted With our recent form but im confident we will bounce back

what the f**k is that about? a nice win against the scum next week and things will start looking better

Shouldn't detract from the point we were poison today. First c**t who says we were short Nando and Stevie should ask themselves are we title challengers or not cos I cant recall Gordon being too busy all game
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #252: Oct 18, 2009 01:02:03 am
      well this season there have been some woefull performances even with gerrad and torres playing. just had bad gut feelings here beforehand that with players returning from long flights and sunderland improving that 3 points would be lost. should be some rules about objects thrown on the pitch where ball can be deflected goal should not count.

Quick Reply