Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Sunderland?

Lucas Leiva
      (9.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      (69.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      (20.5%)

Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown

Read 41482 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown
      Reply #276: Oct 18, 2009 08:55:51 am

Amen. Do what i did, have a whiskey and relax people. As much as i would love Liverpool to win week in, week out, they aint gonna. Especially with our well documented lack of resources. Take the good with the bad, or get out. Because if you can't handle the rough patches, you are not a true supporter. Still steaming at that lad who said he regretted his mother ever putting a Liverpool shirt on his back. I for one still sat in my jersey after the game, looked down at the badge, and felt pride run through me. As one or two bad games doesn't erase a long history of greatness. And that is what we have. And will have again, it will come.

Note: A whiskey may have been a lot more than one ;) :D
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #277: Oct 18, 2009 09:11:19 am
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #278: Oct 18, 2009 09:38:00 am
      ^ Typical. Why could the beach ball have not gone in and the football rolled wide of the post.

That kid who threw the beach ball is going to be sick if we lose the league by a point.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #279: Oct 18, 2009 10:11:45 am
      without questions Rafa can turn things around but it is worrying that some of our top players and the team overall have
      been underperforming. At the start of the season most people on the forum agreed that players like Babel, Lucas etc would
      have to step up due to the lack of transfer funds in order for us to win 19. Sadly not only is that not happening but other
      players performance levels have dropped also. Rafa needs to get some fight back into the team, some spirit when our backs are
      against the wall esp when we are playing poorly, none of which was evident yesterday.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #280: Oct 18, 2009 10:23:25 am
      What happens if the beach ball goes in? Own goal?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #281: Oct 18, 2009 10:32:05 am
      F**k the title we just need stability at the club... Look at the clubs who have won the Premier league in the last few years they all had stability... Chelsea with Jose and when he lost stability he fu**ed off with shitloads of cash... Red nose in Manc scum has stability and when wenger was wining titles he had stability... Rafa is constantly bickering with the owners and its reflecting in the teams performance... And why the F**k did we get rid of Keano for the life of me I will never understand he does get goals and even if he is a squad player at least he isn't N'Gog...
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #282: Oct 18, 2009 10:33:48 am
      And why the F**k did we get rid of Keano for the life of me I will never understand he does get goals

Right, a couple of things:
      1. He wasn't called Keano, he wasn't a Manc.
      2. He got goals so sporadically it wasn't worth keeping him.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #283: Oct 18, 2009 10:54:23 am
      This just show's how lacking in depth we are.
      I'm afraid i go back to blamin the yank tw*ts. I f*cking hate the pair of them.
      Before the game i knew it was going to be a tough match,when i saw the team i thought we were odds on to get beat.
      Absolutly gutted,but we will just have to dig in and keep supporting the boys. YNWA
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #284: Oct 18, 2009 11:10:26 am
      I was confused by formation must admit, but was reminded we did play that against Ncle (A) last season and remember that result! I am confused why we look so poor but my pals who went to the match said the defence were totally dis-organised and lacking in confidence...something up with Carra that he just doesn't look rignt  :'( sadly
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #285: Oct 18, 2009 11:11:22 am
      Some of these posts and their authors are nothing short of f**king disgraceful. I would hate to be banked up in a trench with any of you. Lets look at this way we are 7 points off the top with 30 games to go, and have the opportunity to cut that gap to just 4 as early as next week.

My thoughts exactly.

We're in a sh*t position at the minute but the teams around us aren't exactly winning every game are they?

I've said it time after time already. but this league is going to the wire and no-one is going unbeaten from now until May, I assure you all.

With regards to the match, you can blame the lack of 'big' players. You can blame that f*cking beach ball. We didn't turn up yesterday, it's as simple as that. We need to get our sh*t together before we play the Mancs and Lyon.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #286: Oct 18, 2009 11:13:54 am
      CRK - that's exacly the key have to get sorted before next Sunday and a good time to put a shift in is Tue night PLEASE REDS! YNWA
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #287: Oct 18, 2009 11:15:09 am
      Imagine what would all the Rafa bashers and critics' faces will look like if we win the league in May, ;D.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #288: Oct 18, 2009 12:08:41 pm
      there is just so much inconsistency in the perfortmance level. you dont know what team is going to show up on any given week. our glory days could ber over cant blame the manager blame the players
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #289: Oct 18, 2009 12:43:56 pm
      Fair enough but with the exception of carragher and spearing all the starting 11 were Rafa buys,so when the team loses with the players that he has bought, then he has to take a share of the blame

there is just so much inconsistency in the perfortmance level. you dont know what team is going to show up on any given week. our glory days could ber over cant blame the manager blame the players
      Namibian009
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #290: Oct 18, 2009 04:07:23 pm
      we missed 4 players,not just 2,that would leave a hole in any team.stevie and nando would be a massive influence in any team and the fact that we've been in a "slump" the last couple of games surely has dented the boys' confidence and with those 2 out and mascherano also would leave a mojor hole, leiva ain't a matchwinner/world class - far too inconsistent.
      when Aquilani gets playing,lets face it,he'll be back to 15/20 min cameo's.
      what a difference Silva could have made,still need someone like him.fu*k'n yanks!
      IRIT!!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #291: Oct 18, 2009 04:16:41 pm
      we missed 4 players,not just 2,that would leave a hole in any team.stevie and nando would be a massive influence in any team and the fact that we've been in a "slump" the last couple of games surely has dented the boys' confidence and with those 2 out and mascherano also would leave a mojor hole, leiva ain't a matchwinner/world class - far too inconsistent.
      when Aquilani gets playing,lets face it,he'll be back to 15/20 min cameo's.
      what a difference Silva could have made,still need someone like him.fu*k'n yanks!

IRIT!!

the trouble is more often than not Chelsea and scum can and do cope without 4 players which sadly we dont seem too
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2009 04:17:14 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Response was in quote box »
      Namibian009
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #292: Oct 18, 2009 04:36:02 pm
      them don't have to pull players from the youth team,likes of spearing into the starting line-up and hope for the best,they actually have world class players on the bench thathave beent here and done the job...not at reserve level.
      lucas deff wil not make it to the starting 11 in any top 4,why should we settle for him then?
      too many players riding on the back of others and that showed yesterday
      frustrating!!!!
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #293: Oct 18, 2009 06:36:48 pm
      From what I've seen it's a 10 - 12 year old kid, so maybe in that sense we should lay off.

I was as pissed off as anyone during and just after the game, but from the images I've seen on SSN, the lad is a young Liverpool fan wearing a JFT96 sticker, he'll be feeling like sh*t now and SSN want to speak to him, I'd tell them to f**k off, they are complete and utter cu*ts.
      Their so stupid. Imagine how much danger he'd be in if everyone knew who he was. What would be the point of the interview anyway

SSn "So as a Liverpool fan how do you feel about being responsible for your teams loss?"

Boy " ......"

SSN " What have your friends said to you"

Boy "......."

SSN "Have you had any problems on the street or at school. Has anyone been aggressive towards you?"

Boy - *shows black eye and bruises*

SSN should have more sense.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #294: Oct 18, 2009 08:29:10 pm
      Just to defend some of the players against those saying they didn't turn up yesterday, or try a leg.
      First off, think Aurelio is a better all-round player than Insua, better going forward, plus good at a set piece. He hasn't played many games so can't be expected to be at full 'matchday' level. But he's a good player. Insua is very solid too, but a bit one dimensional.
      Same for Agger, has been layed off for ages, thrown into an unfamiliar formation - and was obviously rusty.
      Johnson is doing he best to add some attacking options, and has saved our bacon a couple of times already. Can't believe some people are on his back.
      Spearing looked very ordinary, but to give him benifit of doubt, it's just one game.
      Pepe was solid. Kuyt and Benny struggled, but in the context of the formation, can't come down to heavy on them.
      But Lucas I've no time for, Babel didn't deliver, again, and a beachball is better than Voronin.

Just praying SG and Nando are not just back for next weekend, but back, up for it and playing close to their best. Huge pressure on the two of them. They're both probably not gonna be 100% (given they have had niggling injuries) but everyone will expect the usual match-winning performances. I'll never have a bad word to say about either of those guys. They are magic. And I'm sure they'd love to stuff the mancs just as much as we would.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #295: Oct 18, 2009 08:42:39 pm
      If anyone is to blame it is the officials who dont know the rules of the game.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #296: Oct 18, 2009 08:48:38 pm
      Well, f**k me. What a sh*te performance. What Sunderland lack in ability, they more than make up for in sheer grit and determination. Something our players could learn from yesterdays debacle. Rafa's decision to change the sytem, strange to say the least. Too many players are not turning up for us, and it's just not good enough. The competition for places isn't strong enough, and players are becoming complacent. When Gerrard and Torres are missing, players have to step up to the plate. Kuyt, Benayoun, Babel and Lucas. They have been here long enough now.

It seems we only have 2 players able to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, and that is quite simply not good enough. We are missing that player in the middle of the park that can turn the screw when required and control the tempo of the game. Aquilani can't come back quick enough, as the central midfield area needs a f**king massive kick up the arse.Lucas Leiva, way too similar too Mascherano, this system cannot accomodate two holding midfielders.

We all know that this squad is severely lacking in depth. A few people are having a go at Rafa, but you can only f**k with cock you've got. We'd all love to see the likes of Silva, Mata, Villa, Alves, Simao etc. at Anfield. No doubt Rafa has asked for some of these players, but with the Yanks still in charge this will never happen. We need money, those wankers don't have any. With any luck this Arab prince will buy out both of the cu*ts.

An average ball park figure for a top quality player these days is around the 20 million mark. What is our supposed transfer budget for January? 12 million! You f**king thick, retarded, pea-brained, fat, manky, scabby, grubby little cu*ts, f**k off and die! PLEASE. ;D
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #297: Oct 18, 2009 08:51:52 pm
      Goal should have been disallowed and game ended 0.0 (despite the fact the Mackems deserved the 3 points really) then shared the points but it didn't so we need to move on sadly and hope for a result against the Mancs....tempo rather than performance I'd live with right now.  I hope the whole starting XI are up for it as they will come to Anfield wishing to exert revenge for the 4.1 drubbing we gave them when we were playing with far more confidence.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #298: Oct 18, 2009 08:52:20 pm

An average ball park figure for a top quality player these days is around the 20 million mark. What is our supposed transfer budget for January? 12 million! You f**king thick, retarded, pea-brained, fat, manky, scabby, grubby little cu*ts, f**k off and die! PLEASE. ;D

You smooth talker these are the exact words I have been looking for.

Quick Reply