Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Sunderland?

Lucas Leiva
      (9.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      (69.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      (20.5%)

Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown

Read 41509 times
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #46: Oct 17, 2009 05:07:52 pm
      No, not really.

Just a bit average.
      ya like the teams in the bottom half of the table
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Oct 17, 2009 05:07:53 pm
      I don't know how many more of his 9 lives Rafa has got left but we can't keep putting this down to the owners - we've got to really start to consider what Rafa brings to the party and if anyone else could do a better job...

Once again, todays result had nothing to to with the owners!!!

I dont sense any sarcasm. And if there isn't, your a deluded clown. Owners pay for players - how much they provide determines the quality Rafa looks to sign.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #48: Oct 17, 2009 05:07:54 pm
      Absolute joke. We have way too many of these types of game where we're asleep for 90% of the match and then the players finally realise where they are and what their supposed to do. Worst performance of season by far, way worse than fiorentina. Everyone should be docked pay this week and all that money should go to Reina. Johnson babel, kuyt benayoun, and capello and Delbosque should be F***ing fined!

That kid was a joker though. Dunno why his parents allowed him to bring a beach ball. I hope he is safe though. Some sad Dicks might try and attack him.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #49: Oct 17, 2009 05:08:23 pm
      Fair play to Sunderland. They lost 2 of their influential players during the game yet still battled well and could of won by more.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Oct 17, 2009 05:08:30 pm
      did you not say get sammy lee in as no.1 on another thread! make up your mind.

In a sarcastic knee-jerk thread! :lmao: You really are in idiot.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #51: Oct 17, 2009 05:08:42 pm
      Right I'm off to finish the Ironing. I'll be back later to read all the doom and gloom and moronic comments.

Oh to all those "We need a new manager" types, WE ARE NOT THAT TYPE OF CLUB!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #52: Oct 17, 2009 05:09:33 pm
      In a sarcastic knee-jerk thread! :lmao: You really are in idiot.

pot kettle black
      kirkman
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -2 
      Reply #53: Oct 17, 2009 05:09:34 pm
      It does sort of.  They stole £14M out of the value of the squad this summer.

I'm sorry, I'm putting the loss of Alonso at Rafa's door - it's common knowledge Alonso went because of him... £14m is now looking cheap in comparison to this loss!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: Oct 17, 2009 05:09:39 pm
      yet again we see that without SG and Nando, we stutter. BUT in saying that, what was rafa doing with 3 central defs and a new system? whatever about missing 2 keys players, at least keep to a gameplan/formation the players know. that was a shambles. punting long balls. hit and hope. against Sunderland!!!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #55: Oct 17, 2009 05:10:04 pm
      ok we need a new manager now. I think we have Rafa has gone as far as he can with this team. Great manager but his time is done.

And spend another five years while a new manager gets shut of players and brings in players he wants!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #56: Oct 17, 2009 05:10:11 pm
      Get rid of Babel in January. I'd rather have Eccleston there and he's only played about 5 games for the reserves.

Bernie? Bit old, but rich as F**k!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #57: Oct 17, 2009 05:10:43 pm
      At present we will be 8th and 7 pts off top spot.

If we beat United next week we're back in the race.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #58: Oct 17, 2009 05:11:21 pm
      Poor tactics poor performance.Nobody stood up to the challenge really and were was our class. I dont know what to say really I am gutted for everyone even if Stevie and Torres remain fit for the rest of the season the title has gone no doubt about it.Gerrard wanted to go to Chelsea because we did not match his ambitions well since then we have brought in 1 world class player and lost a couple in Sami.Didi and Xabi looking at the team and squad today are we any better as a squad than 5 years ago??.
      Were in limbo land now and with others improving top 4 will be a struggle.
      djandyl
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #59: Oct 17, 2009 05:12:22 pm

If..... We need to beat them, full stop!!
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #60: Oct 17, 2009 05:13:52 pm

Is that a joke  
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #61: Oct 17, 2009 05:14:02 pm
      Poor performance. Very disappointed when we've got the second half to change things, but looked lax till the last 7 minutes when we started looking more urgent.

Nowhere near where we should be, the table's not looking pretty either.

But then again we're not finished just yet.

Remember Rafa's Valencia. We can do it.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #62: Oct 17, 2009 05:14:23 pm
      Poor tactics poor performance.Nobody stood up to the challenge really and were was our class. I dont know what to say really I am gutted for everyone even if Stevie and Torres remain fit for the rest of the season the title has gone no doubt about it.Gerrard wanted to go to Chelsea because we did not match his ambitions well since then we have brought in 1 world class player and lost a couple in Sami.Didi and Xabi looking at the team and squad today are we any better as a squad than 5 years ago??.
      Were in limbo land now and with others improving top 4 will be a struggle.

i agree mate. We have gone back since even last season. Financially we just cannot compete and ive just learned to accept that. We are paying alot of average players good money, and we cant afford too many world class players
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #63: Oct 17, 2009 05:14:40 pm
      Right I'm off to finish the Ironing. I'll be back later to read all the doom and gloom and moronic comments.

Oh to all those "We need a new manager" types, WE ARE NOT THAT TYPE OF CLUB!

So as you support, we stay with the same manager get beaten every weekend and we are ok nothing to fear and its ok if we don't even run for the title race. Nice supporter you are
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Re: Live: Sunderland v Liverpool
      Reply #64: Oct 17, 2009 05:15:10 pm
      No need for the sack Rafa shouts, Yes it was a really bad game and no excuses for losing, but I will say it now, the race is not over. Chelsea dropped points to Villa today, United struggled against Bolton today. (Has anyone seen United win comfortably this season yet?)

Sunderland are a very good team this season and were a minute away from beating United at Mold Trafford.
      We lost the game because of a freak incident that may never happen in football again.

Kepp our heads held high and if any team deals with being the underdog best, I dare ytou to name a team better than us at doing it.

Sacking the manager will get us nowhere and would just allow the other big teams to get further ahead of us as we rebuild the team.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #65: Oct 17, 2009 05:15:58 pm

When we beat Utd no?

Gutted after that.  Poor performances all round except for Pepe.  Thought we looked really flat.  International hangover again.   :(
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #66: Oct 17, 2009 05:16:57 pm
      no players, no creativity, no team, no title boost..
      I love LFC but I'm speaking with my mind not my heart, and honestly I hope we can lift at least one cup this season but I'm not sure we're going to make it..
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #67: Oct 17, 2009 05:17:11 pm
      I think it is a bit crazy to be calling for Rafa's head but if the team continues this sort of form throughout the season he will be lucky to see out the season as Liverpool manager, simply too inconsistent with our play.

As far as the game goes we were simply out worked and out played by a Sunderland side who is on good form right now. I am not a fan of the 3 CB's and you could see either were Carra, Agger or Skrtel. One time a simple ball by Jones beat all three of them and sent Bent in on a chance. Aurelio was awful in both attack and defending, I don't recall him other than dead ball situations (which were poor as always) Aurelio did anything in the second half. Johnson got to be more decisive in the box with the ball, he makes a lot of space with his skill but lacking the end product. Spearing who I thought would of been up for a tough tackling game like today was simply not ready and the game was over his head, Lucas was being typical average Lucas.

As far as the attacking three I do have a little pity for them as they did lack service and basic possession to allow them to get to open space but on the whole were pretty much like the rest of the team and not up to snuff.

Boy better forget about this and work on playing better mid-week in a must win game but as far as the Premiership is concern and the way we are playing it looks like we are going to be in the fight for the UCL spots  :'(
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Re: Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool - Post Match Meltdown
      Reply #68: Oct 17, 2009 05:19:22 pm
      i would love us to have a plan B

Quick Reply