Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Beach Ball

Read 12525 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: The Beach Ball
      Reply #46: Oct 18, 2009 07:33:39 pm
      I don't really see the point of this topic.

You have good and bad fortune in football. You've just got to take it on the chin when things go against you and move on.

People calling this kid need to get a grip. He's a f**king kid! Who's also a red!!

I actually started the topic with that little mock news story i wrote as a bit of a joke, didn't intend for it to be a 'let's get this kid' thing or anything! Look, the kid fu**ed up, and i hope his dad has a F***ing good go at him and makes him feel sorry so he knows what hes done wrong. Because throwing crap onto a field of play of any sort is straight up wrong. But the kid is 10 or something FFS so i hope he is safe, as he hopefully as a Liverpool fan has already learnt his lesson as it potentially cost us 3 points.
      Statto
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts |
      Reply #47: Oct 18, 2009 08:04:02 pm
      Beach ball apart, everyone seems to have overlooked the fact that we played s**t and were lucky yo get away with just one goal, they would have been better giving the beach ball to Babel to play with while he was wandering aimlessly around the pitch.

The players must be delighted that all the attention is on the fluke goal not on their lacklustre performance  ::) ::) ::) ::)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #48: Oct 18, 2009 08:18:38 pm
      No-one's overlooked that Statto. You must not have read the other 25 threads indirectly linked to the match.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #49: Oct 18, 2009 08:19:08 pm
      there is a video of a referee scoring,apparently it's allowed but a beach ball aint

Erm. Wasn't a goal by a beach ball allowed yesterday?

w**ker.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #50: Oct 18, 2009 08:27:30 pm
      there is loads of jokes and stuff all over the net about the beach ball now

There "are" loads of jokes, you philistine.
      Statto
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts |
      Reply #51: Oct 18, 2009 08:31:01 pm
      There "are" loads of jokes, you philistine.

:lmao:

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #52: Oct 18, 2009 08:32:17 pm
      Hahaha!

What's a phillistine when it's at home, Ayrton?

A Phillipino Frankenstein?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #53: Oct 18, 2009 08:33:58 pm
      What's a phillistine when it's at home, Ayrton?

One "l" - that's it, you're on my black list too.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #54: Oct 18, 2009 08:35:17 pm
      Stop being racist, Frenchy.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #55: Oct 18, 2009 08:37:02 pm

Well I'd put you on my white list, but I wouldn't be able to read it, would I?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: Oct 18, 2009 08:37:40 pm
      Don't know, you might have UV glasses?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #57: Oct 18, 2009 08:38:32 pm
      Don't know, you might have UV glasses?

Nope, just whiskey ones.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8659 
      Reply #58: Oct 18, 2009 09:37:58 pm
      The blues are already texting jokes about it:

"The Liverpool fan accused of throwing the beachball onto the pitch at Sunderland has denied it was him. He claimed he was in his hotel room at the time."
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #59: Oct 18, 2009 09:39:28 pm
      That's OK. We can take a joke.

We won't get bitter.
      THE BIG RED 1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #60: Oct 19, 2009 01:45:49 am
      In the exigencies of common sense I will explain in laymans terms what every fan other than us Reds failed to see in this match, Sunderland apparently were better than us by virtue of the fact they had 1 less shot on target than us, had 4 less shots off target than us, had 6 corners less than us, committed 3 fouls more than us, had 4 offsides to our none, had an inferior passing success than us, had 1 less tackle than us ( and was7% less successful in the ones they did), and had less play in our half than we did in theirs and they were awarded the most farcical goal in the history of football in order to apparently be better, does that make it clearer for them do you think? You see stats do mean something afterall  8)

Lets not forget we managed away what the Mancs could only manage at home against the Mackems in real terms, a draw.

Fast forward to Anfield in the 97th minute against Sunderland later this season.

The ball leaves Gerrard's foot, hits the edge of the centenary stand, bounces off the Kop, hits Bruce on the arse as he has encroached on to the pitch, and goes in off the post after it hit the keeper on the back of the head when deflected by the referee, 1-0 Liverpool FT    :lmao:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #61: Oct 19, 2009 01:52:36 am
      In the exigencies of common sense I will explain in laymans terms what every fan other than us Reds failed to see in this match, Sunderland apparently were better than us by virtue of the fact they had 1 less shot on target than us, had 4 less shots off target than us, had 6 corners less than us, committed 3 fouls more than us, had 4 offsides to our none, had an inferior passing success than us, had 1 less tackle than us ( and was7% less successful in the ones they did), and had less play in our half than we did in theirs and they were awarded the most farcical goal in the history of football in order to apparently be better, does that make it clearer for them do you think? You see stats do mean something afterall  8)

Lets not forget we managed away what the Mancs could only manage at home against the Mackems in real terms, a draw.

Fast forward to Anfield in the 97th minute against Sunderland later this season.

The ball leaves Gerrard's foot, hits the edge of the centenary stand, bounces off the Kop, hits Bruce on the arse as he has encroached on to the pitch, and goes in off the post after it hit the keeper on the back of the head when deflected by the referee, 1-0 Liverpool FT    :lmao:

Yeah we had better of the stats, but watching the game Sunderland were the better team. They chased harder, they passed better, and had more heart. Yeah they won to a sh*te goal, but had they taken their chances, which of they had more 'quality' chances than us, it would have been more. Yeah maybe we could have got something from the game, and should have, but i do not sit here and think "jeez, we deserved something" because we had 93 minutes to get just one goal, let alone two. And could hardly manufacture a decent chance. So don't gloss it over.

And we will smash them at Anfield ;)
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #62: Oct 19, 2009 01:59:38 am
      If the beach ball was in Pepe's goal in the first minute then how did it get from Pepe's goal back into the field of play?   Did the wind blow it back out on to the pitch?

The beach ball was in the penalty area as the cross was coming in and the referee's eyes should have been focussed on our box to ensure no penalty infringements or offsides were happening.

Well before Bent received the ball, turned, and hit the shot, the referee had ample time to blow his whistle and stop the play to have the beach ball removed.
      The fact that he did not indicates either that he did not see the beach ball, or that he did see it and thought it was not a hazzard, or was not potentially interfering with play.

The beach ball was in the direct line of Bents shot, and Pepe Reinas goal, so if that is not interfering with play then what is?

In truth, it was a feeble shot that never was going to beat Reina, and we all know that without the deflection off the beach ball it was a simple save for Reina.  The fact is it was poor refereeing, which is unsurprising in this day and age where referees are getting more and more incompetent.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8659 
      Reply #63: Oct 19, 2009 05:23:24 pm
      With the press falling over themselves to take the piss over Beachballgate, it has stopped them taking the piss out of Rafa for his Calm Down, Calm Down at Steve Bruce!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #64: Oct 19, 2009 05:44:13 pm
      If the beach ball was in Pepe's goal in the first minute then how did it get from Pepe's goal back into the field of play?   Did the wind blow it back out on to the pitch?

Yep. Them North East winds.

Basic fact is that it shouldn't have stood.  If it hadn't have hit the balloon it was going straight to Reina.  The collision wrong footed Reina and he had his eyes and went to stop the balloon.

It happened and life's a bi*ch.  But as far as I'm concerned the referee should have known the laws of the game. 

The next time it happens in football it won't count.  Which knowing our luck will be when United fans throw one on to the pitch next weekend and Torres 'scores' off the balloon.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #65: Oct 19, 2009 05:57:24 pm
      well at least i had a good week in fantasy football . . http://i37.tinypic.com/2cf89aq.jpg
      bendavey4
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #66: Oct 31, 2009 01:26:19 am
      ffs.

What are you pair trying to do to this poor kid?

Seriously thought you'd know better. D'you want this lad to get a kicking or something?

Look at the players on the pitch before you blame the f***in beach ball.

His fault for throwing it and the keepers fault for not removing it btw im a stoke fan xD
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2009 02:03:34 pm by MsGerrard »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8659 
      Reply #67: Oct 31, 2009 01:29:32 am
      His fault for throwing it and the keepers fault for not removing it btw im a stoke fan xD

Well don't worry you're only about week or so late, no-one cares anymore seeing as we beat them manc arseholes!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #68: Oct 31, 2009 01:31:49 am

Yes its his fault for throwing it but he shouldn't be threatened over it. The players did play sh*t, but it aint the keepers fault. The play was building and he had to keeps his eye on the real ball. It is the refs fault for allowing the goal. But we should have been able to come back. But we beat you 4-0 and beat the mancs last weekend, so who gives a flying f**k.
      Now why as a Stoke fan are you joining this forum?

Quick Reply