Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Snowboarding

Read 2698 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Snowboarding
      Oct 18, 2009 09:02:39 am
      So, got any boarders of the powdered stuff out there? Cocaine addicts need not apply ;)

I am very much a novice, having only done a week of the stuff in my life. Being from Australia, hard to hit it to much unless you live in one of the areas fortunate to get it. But the holiday i took when i was 17 was fantastic. Rest of my family went on with skiing but i really wanted to board, and loved it. Only did beginners stuff really, but developed a love for it. Now im living in Oregon with snow very accessible this upcoming winter, thinking about investing in a board and getting out there a bit, something to do i reckon!

So yeah, any others maybe more experienced, or in my position as well, wanna share any stories or tips for a beginner?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Snowboarding
      Reply #1: Oct 20, 2009 12:13:05 am
      No one? Dammit :D
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #2: Oct 20, 2009 12:21:41 am
      So yeah, any others maybe more experienced, or in my position as well, wanna share any stories or tips for a beginner?

The one afternoon I tried it was spent mainly on my arse, and then I managed to pop my thumb.  So I'm not qualified to give advice really, except, if you can, keep your thumbs in close to your hand! :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Oct 20, 2009 12:27:44 am
      The one afternoon I tried it was spent mainly on my arse, and then I managed to pop my thumb.  So I'm not qualified to give advice really, except, if you can, keep your thumbs in close to your hand! :D

:D First day i did it i spent a fair amount on my arse too, but by the end i was getting the hand of it. Fourth and final day of that trip i was gliding down the mount decently well.
      Had one nasty spill where the board flicked past my hip as i tumbled over, went into the lodge and noticed a big nice red patch on me white shirt where i had been bleeding and not noticed :D But apart from that nothing like your thumb!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Oct 20, 2009 12:38:09 am
      Love snowboarding!

The main tip I would give is watch how you land should you take a fall, broke my wrist because I put my hands down to break my fall. Also know a fair few people who done the exact same. Remember it's only snow you'd be landing on...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: Oct 20, 2009 12:47:30 am
      Yeah that's nothing i had thought about but cheers mate. When i took a few tumbles that trip i was talking about, i think i just went down on my arse most of the time :D The fact it is snow is what helps, made me not worry so much which actually helps to gain confidence in riding i feel.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Oct 20, 2009 01:58:09 am
      Now i have read a lot of places that when you are first starting out, you should rent for awhile before you choose to buy a board. But i know i love boarding already after my first trip, and i don't really wanna spend a couple hundred dollars renting my gear for a few weekends when i can get a decent package for $400. Any ideas?

Quick Reply