Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The HANGOVER topic

Read 67754 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: The HANGOVER topic
      Reply #138: Jan 04, 2011 01:49:05 am
      first time sober in a few days, bout 4 or 5! I love proper drinking sessions but jesus I hate the come down afterwards for like 2 days.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #139: Jan 04, 2011 03:43:57 pm
      Hangovers in Dubai are a piece of piss.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #140: Jan 04, 2011 03:47:15 pm
      What do you do, Stuey? Get back on it?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #141: Jan 04, 2011 03:55:12 pm
      Everytime Kenny it's one big piece of a piss up.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #142: Jan 11, 2011 08:31:59 pm
      Fuuuuuucccccckkkkklk. Been awake for 3 hours and can't even muster the energy to get food. Think I need a good vomit.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #143: Jan 11, 2011 09:30:28 pm
      Lost my bloody wallet last night, combined with the headache of doom.

Bank card, driving licence and 30 quid gone ugh.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #144: Jan 11, 2011 11:26:59 pm
      couldnt eat til 8 today. this hangover is a goodie!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #145: Feb 13, 2011 01:42:37 pm
      I've had one of those nights again, trying to piece it all together. :P
      MsGerrard
      Reply #146: Feb 13, 2011 02:20:34 pm
      I've had one of those nights again, trying to piece it all together. :P

That good was it Dexter  ;)  :laugh:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #147: Feb 13, 2011 03:33:06 pm
      Feeling a bit 'can't be arsed' after last night. Went out at 9 and ended up passing out at a mate's house at around 5am. Odd thing was, I seem to have only spent about ÂŁ12
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #148: Jun 02, 2011 06:43:33 pm
      I have had the mother fcker off all hangovers today a whiskey induced one at that ,missed work still feel like sh*t now , havnt had one like this in a long time , said goodbye to my freind Tom.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #149: Jun 02, 2011 07:05:34 pm
      I have had the mother fcker off all hangovers today a whiskey induced one at that ,missed work still feel like sh*t now , havnt had one like this in a long time , said goodbye to my freind Tom.

Worth it then hun, hope all went well and you gave Tom a good send off.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #150: Jun 03, 2011 12:37:20 am
      Only six pages?  I've been in The Drunk Topic and this surely can't be right..... :P
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #151: Jul 15, 2011 11:06:38 pm
      A lot of action in the DRUNK topic tonight. Looking forward for this one tomorrow :D
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #152: Dec 02, 2011 06:15:12 pm
      Why can't they make a drink that gets you drunk but, doesn't give you a hangover? What the hell are all those scientists out there wasting all their time on?

I feel like sh*t!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #153: Dec 02, 2011 08:04:28 pm
      What the hell are all those scientists out there wasting all their time on?

;)

Pointless research: top 10 Ig Nobel award winners for silly science
        As the government prepares to crack down on 'irrelevant' research, we look at some of the things we'll be losing, courtesy of the Ig Nobel awards.       Penguin pooing diagram. 10 of the strangest pieces of research, from the Ig Nobel awards height=288

The government has unveiled plans to allocate research funding according to how much “impact” the research has.   The plans have come under fire from academics, who say that curiosity-driven, speculative research has led to some of the most important breakthroughs in scientific history, including penicillin, relativity theory and the theory of evolution.   More than that, though, it might bring an end to the quirky, sometimes daft, sometimes weirdly inspired research that brings harmless entertainment and occasional enlightenment to armchair boffins and science nerds everywhere.   Below, we take a look at a few of the best. We have selected our favourites from the winners of the splendid Ig Nobel Awards – take a look yourselves. The next award ceremony is in October.   Digital rectal massage is a cure for hiccups, winner, Medicine, 2006
       "Termination of Intractable Hiccups with Digital Rectal Massage", Annals of Emergency Medicine, August 1988 In our day we used to be told to drink a glass of water backwards. But research now suggests that, for intractable hiccups, a simple finger up the bottom can work wonders. As it can for so many things.
       It is not made clear whether or not the treatment should be administered unannounced for greatest effect.
       (We mock, but intractable hiccups can be a genuine problem for sufferers, and this treatment may be preferable to the powerful anti-spasmodics and other drugs that are often used.)
       Chinstrap penguins can squirt poo up to 40cm, winner, Fluid Dynamics, 2005
       "Pressures Produced When Penguins Pooh -- Calculations on Avian Defaecation", Polar Biology, 2003
       Rather sweetly, the researchers end their conclusions by saying: “Whether the bird deliberately chooses the direction into which it decides to expel its faeces or whether this depends on the direction from which the wind blows at the time of evacuation are questions that need to be addressed on another expedition to Antarctica.” No doubt governments will be falling over themselves to fund that trip.
       Ducks can be homosexual necrophiliacs too (winner, Biology, 2003)
       "The First Case of Homosexual Necrophilia in the Mallard Anas platyrhynchos (Aves: Anatidae)", Deinsea: Annual of the Natural History Museum Rotterdam, 2001.
       One of the greatest sentences in modern science writing: “Next to the obviously dead duck, another male mallard… mounted the corpse and started to copulate, with great force.” Take that, March Of The Penguins.
       Suicide rates are linked to the amount of country music played on the radio, winner, Medicine, 2004
       "The Effect of Country Music on Suicide", Social Forces, 1992
       If you knew there was something profoundly unacceptable about Billy Ray Cyrus, but you could never quite put your finger on what it was, here is your answer. The man makes people kill themselves.
       Dog fleas can jump higher than cat fleas, winner, Biology, 2008
       "A Comparison of Jump Performances of the Dog Flea, Ctenocephalides canis (Curtis, 1826) and the Cat Flea, Ctenocephalides felis felis (Bouche, 1835)," Veterinary Parasitology, 2000
       Presumably the research team set up some sort of tiny high-jump bar for the fleas to Fosbury-flop over. It’s not entirely pointless; knowing which that dog fleas jump higher tells you that buying a dog is more likely to lead to getting bitten yourself.
       Lap dancers get higher tips when they are ovulating, winner, Economics, 2008
       "Ovulatory Cycle Effects on Tip Earnings by Lap Dancers: Economic Evidence for Human Estrus?" Evolution and Human Behavior, 2007
       This research might be hard to put into practical use – unless you’re a lap dancer – but you imagine the (all male) research team put in an awful lot of field work.
       Rats can’t always tell the difference between Japanese spoken backwards and Dutch spoken backwards, winner, Linguistics, 2007
       "Effects of Backward Speech and Speaker Variability in Language Discrimination by Rats," Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, vol. 31, no. 1, January 2005
       The Linguistics Ig Nobel winner in 2007. In fairness to the researchers, they were trying to find similarities between human infants and other mammals, in order to better determine the evolutionary origins of speech. But what they actually did was show the world that rats don’t speak backwards Japanese. A miss, really.
       You can extract vanilla flavouring from cow dung, winner, Chemistry, 2006
       "Novel Production Method for Plant Polyphenol from Livestock Excrement Using Subcritical Water Reaction," International Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2008
       Maybe you can, but would you eat it?
       (Note: a Massachusetts ice cream parlour introduced a new flavour in honour of this research, which was presented alongside the award. The ice cream was called "Yum-a-Moto Vanilla Twist", after the lead researcher Mayu Yamamoto)
       Why woodpeckers don’t get headaches – winner, Ornithology, 2006
       "Woodpeckers and Head Injury,", Lancet, 1976; "Cure for a Headache," Ivan R Schwab, British Journal of Ophthalmology, 2002
       It is pretty baffling, when you think about it. Woodpeckers headbutt trees for a living, experiencing impact deceleration of more than 1000 times the force of gravity. So how do they prevent catastrophic brain injury? The difference between ordinary people and good scientists is that where we just wonder, the scientist finds out.
       (The answer, if you were wondering, is: brain more tightly packed into the skull; a smooth brain surface to maximise impact surface area; and minimal side-to-side movement. So there you go.)
       Malaria mosquitoes are as attracted to limburger cheese as they are to human foot odour – winner, Biology, 2006
       "On Human Odour, Malaria Mosquitoes, and Limburger Cheese," The Lancet, 1996 (paper requires log-in)
       Next time you go to Africa, don’t bother with insect repellent or mosquito nets – just take a nice ripe limburger, leave it outside your tent, and presto! A bite-free night. (Note to readers: please do bother with insect repellent and mosquito nets.)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6223831/Pointless-research-top-10-Ig-Nobel-award-winners-for-silly-science.html
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #154: Dec 09, 2011 09:13:44 pm
      I feel F***ing terrible right now.

Whats weird is, woke up feeling fairly okay. Sat and had another beer with some of the guys before i left. Now I'm home, head is beginning to pound, stomach turning. Fucks sake.

Off to McDonalds then! :D
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #155: Dec 09, 2011 10:08:46 pm
      Finally got rid of my hangover today with a large Domino's really hit the spot ;D def recommend  ;) but not the drinking on a school night, longest day at work ever  :D
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #156: Dec 15, 2011 07:01:03 am
      Rough as a badgers arse this morning.

This will be a long day.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #157: Dec 15, 2011 07:03:13 am
      Was drinking wine until 3am this morning. Downed a whole bottle before i stopped. Killer hangover.

Off to work in a couple minutes. Yay.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #158: Dec 15, 2011 08:42:20 am
      Downed a whole bottle before i stopped. Killer hangover.

Off to work in a couple minutes. Yay.
      Crouch you have got to stop drinking that lemonade,it's not good for you.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #159: Dec 16, 2011 06:31:12 am
      Hungover today again.

Why do I put myself through this.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #160: Apr 03, 2012 12:22:00 pm
      Seriously hungover today. Think I'll be giving the outside world a miss today....urgh.

Quick Reply