Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Rafa: Next 6 days can change everything

Read 2276 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Rafa: Next 6 days can change everything
      Oct 19, 2009 04:50:40 pm
      RAFA: NEXT SIX DAYS CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING

Rafa Benitez today urged his players to forget all about their Sunderland defeat - telling them the next six days can change everything.

Anfield welcomes Lyon on Tuesday before the visit of Manchester United on Sunday, and Benitez believes Liverpool have been handed the perfect opportunity to kickstart both their European and domestic campaigns.

"You can guarantee that if we win against Lyon the mood will change, and if we can win against United, the mood will be totally different," the boss told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"When you are not winning, to play another game quickly and have the opportunity to change things is the best thing.

"We will try to win and then everything will be different.

"I have a lot of confidence because we are a good team. We have some problems with injuries but the squad as a squad is good enough to win some games.

"A positive result would be massive for our confidence. The Champions League is a different competition and the players know the fans will be behind them, so it can be a big boost for us.

"The fans know when the team needs support and they are behind us. Our fans are the best in the world, and when we need something they are there pushing us."

Benitez insists the mood inside Melwood is as calm as ever as he and his backroom team work hard to analyse results.

The Spaniard said: "We have some experience here among the staff and some of the players. When you are in the situation we are in, the main thing is to keep calm, analyse what is going on and be ready for the next game.

"Sammy Lee, Mauricio Pellegrino, Xavi Valero and Paco De Miguel - all the people working with the players on the pitch know how to stay calm.

"The only solution when you have a good team is to stay together and work hard. Again I will say that we got 86 points last year, not because we were lucky, but because we did a very good job."

Benitez will assess the fitness of injured duo Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard later today. Stay logged on to Liverpoolfc.tv for the latest.
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166125091019-1057.htm

Speaks sense here gaffer, hope you are drilling some positivity into the squad because it has been a very difficult period of time, and results for LFC. About time you do some inspirational team-talk to lift the lads, remember what you said at Istanbul, remember that the fans never give up on LFC.

But there's one problem.

"We will try to win and then everything will be different.

Can't try.  

We must have a mindset that we will do it.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: Rafa: Next 6 days can change everything.
      Reply #1: Oct 19, 2009 04:52:45 pm
      Yeh i picked up on that quote at the end of your post there.
      Is that supposed to mean we havent been trying ???
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Rafa: Next 6 days can change everything
      Reply #2: Oct 19, 2009 05:03:39 pm
      Can't try. 

We must have a mindset that we will do it.

I appreciate your point, but don't you think it would sound a bit arrogant if Rafa said we were going to beat United?

Also, he'd be setting himself up for another roasting by the press if we drew or lost.

Now I want us to win, I think we will win, but it's a different thing if I say it compared to the manager of Liverpool saying it.

He's just being the classy, diplomatic bloke we love - and you know he's mind's plotting Lyon and United's downfall in the finest detail, no matter what he says to the journalists.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #3: Oct 19, 2009 05:05:12 pm
      Liverpool WILL change everything in the next six days.
      redsonfire
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #4: Oct 19, 2009 05:18:42 pm
      I appreciate your point, but don't you think it would sound a bit arrogant if Rafa said we were going to beat United?

Also, he'd be setting himself up for another roasting by the press if we drew or lost.

Now I want us to win, I think we will win, but it's a different thing if I say it compared to the manager of Liverpool saying it.

He's just being the classy, diplomatic bloke we love - and you know he's mind's plotting Lyon and United's downfall in the finest detail, no matter what he says to the journalists.

:laugh:

It's to the press so he must say 'try' probably, but in his heart and to the players I'm sure he'll be..

'We'll do it.'
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #5: Oct 19, 2009 05:48:07 pm
      Important week ahead.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2009 07:20:40 pm
      Massive week.

Crucial point in the season, not season defining, but very, very crucial.
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2009 07:23:58 pm
      and what happins to rafa if we lose both games ???
      time is running out ?
       its about time he told the team get your arses into gear and start
      earning ur fat wage packets
      or i lose my cushy job
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2009 07:42:46 pm
      It's hardly a cushy job!

Let's hope for a good win tomorrow to set us up for Sunday.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2009 07:56:45 pm
      The performances so far are IMO playing into H&G's hands. They will 'terminate' Rafas contract with the excuse of a 'poor start to the season'

Maybe the players should have a look on here for once in a while, maybe read this thread? That should give them the f**king kick up the arse they need.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Oct 19, 2009 10:27:05 pm
      The performances so far are IMO playing into H&G's hands. They will 'terminate' Rafas contract with the excuse of a 'poor start to the season'

Them two lying c*nts haven't got the money to sack Rafa anyway.

Maybe the players should have a look on here for once in a while, maybe read this thread? That should give them the f**king kick up the arse they need.

Very true. I'm sure that if anyone is to blame, it certainly isn't entirely Rafa's fault.

If we do win against Lyon and United, then the Champions League group will start looking a little rosier and the gap at the top will be cut to 4 points. A 6 pointer couldn't have come at a better time, with the way some people are mouthing off about how we're f*cked.

I'm hoping, come Sunday night, I'm kipping a little easier because our current form is keeping more than a few of us awake of a night.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 19, 2009 10:34:37 pm
      I'm definitely suffering that 'LFC lack of form' insomnia ( I bet Carra is too poor bugger) anyway CL atmousphere will always be more upfting than any other if folk get into Anfield early and sing their hearts out no matter what is happening on the pitch the players WILL respond COME ON REDS !!!!!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2009 11:35:03 pm
      My son's at the Lyon game but I'm down at the weekend,so I expect a great week for the club.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Oct 20, 2009 12:18:05 am
      Big week in Liverpool's Season, but they all are really aren't they, after all it's three points whether you play Man Utd or Portsmouth.

I'm just hoping for a confident win tomorrow night, I would like to see the team play with some pride and passion, to really feel the atmosphere and take some pride in wearing the Red shirt of Liverpool, when they step out onto that pitch they should feel 10 feet tall just in wearing the shirt.

A good confidence booster to set us up for Sunday's match against the mancs.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #14: Oct 20, 2009 05:47:39 pm
      6 points will do very nicely in the next week, Gerrard is back tonight so that should lift the team somewhat,

I'd love to stand in the tunnel tonight and see how many players touch the 'This Is Anfield' sign on the way out, go back 20 years & every single player in a red shirt was doing that as if it were in the contract.

Now theres probably only Stevie, Jamie, Nando, Pepe & a couple of others that do it??

Quick Reply