Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LIVE: Liverpool v Lyon

Read 20755 times
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Lyon
      Reply #460: Oct 20, 2009 09:46:25 pm
      :) was confident we would win tonight. we played a Lyon team with a decimated defence with another defender going off injured.
      we just don't have the players. Ngog up front despite his improvement doesn't cut it in the CL, no one in midfield to dictate play or get hold of
      the ball and a defense that is all over the shop and one look at our subs bench......
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #461: Oct 20, 2009 09:46:44 pm
      All of you that you where saying bout Rafa that he's capable of winning Champions League, Epl etc. I say we can't even win Coca Cola league with that display of our team from the start of the season. Im sick of this, seriously.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #462: Oct 20, 2009 09:47:08 pm
      We NEVER do things the easy way so lets imagine that cup is still half full and not half empty eh?.Well done Martin Kelly nice full debut.YNWA.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #463: Oct 20, 2009 09:47:38 pm
      Pissed off, but we are not out yet, I know we need a bit of luck, and i think we will get it.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #464: Oct 20, 2009 09:48:07 pm
      F*CK YOU!

I'm more of a Liverpool fan than you if you're happy for us to amble along with these pricks at the helm.
      If this sh*t was going on at Marseilles or Milan or the f**king Texas Rangers there'd be roits in the street - best we can come up with is a homemade 'DIC SOS' - I bet they're shaking in their boots at that.

The time is now - the league is gone and Europe is gone - lets unite and come hell or high water force this poison out

Still doesnt help anyone if you are wanting us to get beat!! Like was said earlier, the worse we do the less value there assets are so the less likely the money grabbing yanks are likely to sell!! Think about what you are saying you silly pr*ck!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #465: Oct 20, 2009 09:49:58 pm
      Deserved to lose, Lyon tore us apart on many occasions, especially down the left.

Midfield was a joke. Ngog looked good at holding it up but his link up play was a shambles. Kuyt, did he make one successful pass other than the chip which Benayoun headed wide?

Martin Kelly man of the match with ease, followed by Reina. Everybody else should hold their head in shame.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #466: Oct 20, 2009 09:50:41 pm
      Feel totally demoralised right now.  Never ever lost 4 games in a row in my lifetime.  Felt at times in that second half that we were the away team sitting back just inviting pressure on.  Gutted!! :(
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #467: Oct 20, 2009 09:54:06 pm
      I feel like we are in some nightmare tailspin.  4 losses in a row???  We need some serious leadership to pull us out of this.  I hope Torres will be fit on Sunday.  I hope Gerrard is fuming and looking to take it out on Man U. on Sunday.

I'm at a loss....
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #468: Oct 20, 2009 09:55:10 pm
      I was 4 years old the last time we lost 4 on the bounce.
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #469: Oct 20, 2009 09:55:47 pm
      as good as kelly played he should have done better on the goal, he stood next to reina instead of getting the back post

but all we need is a turning point, we can easily finish 2nd in the group and then turn up the heat later on
      weve been in stickier situations

but tbh we dont look capable of much atm :/
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #470: Oct 20, 2009 09:55:59 pm

Quick Reply