Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

People going mental! Why ?

Read 10424 times
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 916 posts |
      People going mental! Why ?
      Oct 19, 2009 04:21:29 pm
                            played points
      1  Scum Utd   9       22
      2   Chel$ki   9       21
      3   Spurs    9       19
      4   Arsenal   8       18
      5   Man City   8       17
      6   Aston Villa   8       16
      7   Sunderland   9       16
      8   Liverpool   9       15
      9   Stoke City   9       12
      10   Burnley   9       12
      11   Blue Scum   8       11
      12   Blackburn   8       10
      13   Wigan    9       10
      14   Bolton   8       8
      15   Wolves   9       8
      16   Fulham   7       7
      17   Birmingham   9       7
      18   Hull City   8       7
      19   West Ham    8       5
      20   Pompey   9       3

We are a total of 7 points behind man u
      that could be 2 wins and a draw (if we beat man u then its better)
      why are people panicking everyone calm down
      NINE games into the season it isn't the end of the world
      we can still WIN the league it will just be more DIFFICULT
      its going to be one hell of a roller coaster season so sit back enjoy and if we are still here in MAY
      then panic
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2009 04:33:36 pm by Bpatel »
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Re: People going mental ! why ?
      Reply #1: Oct 19, 2009 04:26:33 pm
      Not because of our league position,just because knowing that without Torres,or Gerrard we cant beat mid table teams,we have know strength in depth and we are financially crippled,this time last season we were playing attractive football,and beat Utd without Gerrard and Torres,now we cant even pass the ball without them we are entitled to be frustrated 
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 916 posts |
      Reply #2: Oct 19, 2009 04:29:27 pm
      Not because of our league position,just because knowing that without Torres,or Gerrard we cant beat mid table teams,we have know strength in depth and we are financially crippled,this time last season we were playing attractive football,and beat Utd without Gerrard and Torres,now we cant even pass the ball without them we are entitled to be frustrated 
      iv read a few of your posts from another topic and you are completely negetive about liverpool it was you who pressed the panic button in one of the threads
      without torres and gerrard we didnt beat SUNDERLAND you are saying we cant beat any mid table team without them when we really quiet clearly can , everyone has bad games people like you need to have faith i would have hated to be next to you in 2005 at half time . you would have had A.C Milan engraved on the trophy before the teams has set out for half time have some faith please or just stop being an idiot !
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,204 posts | 3391 
      Reply #3: Oct 19, 2009 04:31:56 pm
      I'm not panicking because I know it's 95% certain we won't win the league this year. Yes it's only 2 wins and a draw but that's to get the 7 points. It'll make no difference if United don't lose. And then hoping we're good enough to take advantage of their losses, being brutally honest we're not good enough.

Gerrard and Torres have an off day (which they've done more often than not this season) and we're a shade of a top class team. Top teams have worked out how to beat the system we use and our wide men aren't good enough to make that extra yard of space. Last year it worked so well because Kuyt, Riera, Yossi, Aurelio all had spells of looking top class. This year they haven't, with the exception of Yossi who doesn't stay out wide anyway. So now when the ball goes out wide, it's coming straight back into the congested middle where teams have got 2 or 3 markers on Gerrard and Torres.

That's why we won't win the league this year and won't until we get wide men who can take on the full back, drag a centre half away from Torres and still being able to deliver a cross. We need an out and out winger either on the right or left and slap Yossi on the other flank. Otherwise we'll be struggling to come close to the title.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #4: Oct 19, 2009 04:36:31 pm
      I'm not panicking because I know it's 95% certain we won't win the league this year. Yes it's only 2 wins and a draw but that's to get the 7 points. It'll make no difference if United don't lose. And then hoping we're good enough to take advantage of their losses, being brutally honest we're not good enough.

Gerrard and Torres have an off day (which they've done more often than not this season) and we're a shade of a top class team. Top teams have worked out how to beat the system we use and our wide men aren't good enough to make that extra yard of space. Last year it worked so well because Kuyt, Riera, Yossi, Aurelio all had spells of looking top class. This year they haven't, with the exception of Yossi who doesn't stay out wide anyway. So now when the ball goes out wide, it's coming straight back into the congested middle where teams have got 2 or 3 markers on Gerrard and Torres.

That's why we won't win the league this year and won't until we get wide men who can take on the full back, drag a centre half away from Torres and still being able to deliver a cross. We need an out and out winger either on the right or left and slap Yossi on the other flank. Otherwise we'll be struggling to come close to the title.
      United will lose, as it is they've got 4 more points than they should and their luck is gonna run out. Agree with your post except for the last paragraph I think we can still turn it around.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 916 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 19, 2009 04:36:37 pm
      so what your saying is basically we arnt good enough and your writing us of in less than ten games ?

.... yeah :S

just wait and see asses the season in may

spurs are in 3rd at the moment that wont stay the same they will obviously drop down

don't think you should write us of yet

we are good enough we just don't LOOK good enough and i have two words to say to you

Alberto Aquilani

we have him to come back yet
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2009 04:40:30 pm
      No in general i am a positive fan,i have my own opinions on things i will admit at half time in Istanbull i thought it was over i was crying,and singing YNWA in my local bar,This is only my opinion of course its possible to win the league,but IMO this is going to be a bigger struggle than Istanbul,small squad no money,no backing from the board,relatively few youth prospects,balloons scoring against us.

If you have read my posts you will have read  the posts that i was giving out to all the Rafa bashers i would love to be a positive liverpool fan but at the moment i am being a realistic fan,but like istanbull miracles do happen and if we win the league this will be nothing short of a miracle
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,204 posts | 3391 
      Re: People going mental! Why ?
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2009 04:43:41 pm
      United will lose, as it is they've got 4 more points than they should and their luck is gonna run out. Agree with your post except for the last paragraph I think we can still turn it around.

Yes United will lose mate, but it's down to us taking advantage. And this squad we have doesn't fill me with confidence to take advantage often enough.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 916 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2009 04:44:26 pm
      it wont be a miracle for god sake we are a good team and it is only nine games into the season my word some people on this forum . just have a think and i bet as soon as we pick up out next win the doubters on here will start saying ..... We are back in the title race . we'll win the league we believe now . so try and believe
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2009 04:45:05 pm
      No in general I am a positive fan,I have my own opinions on things I will admit at half time in Istanbull I thought it was over I was crying,and singing YNWA in my local bar,This is only my opinion of course its possible to win the league,but IMO this is going to be a bigger struggle than Istanbul,small squad no money,no backing from the board,relatively few youth prospects,balloons scoring against us.

If you have read my posts you will have read  the posts that I was giving out to all the Rafa bashers I would love to be a positive liverpool fan but at the moment I am being a realistic fan,but like istanbull miracles do happen and if we win the league this will be nothing short of a miracle

Like someone else said on another thread..

If this freak balloon incident is the catalyst that results in us going on an unbeaten run, and at the end of the season when we are parading the trophy saying 'It all changed after the freak beach ball sh*t', then it will go down as one of the most bizarre, but fulfilling season.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #10: Oct 19, 2009 04:45:14 pm
      People are going mental cos they're cockends. Us normal people are fairly calm.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 19, 2009 04:46:44 pm
      it wont be a miracle for god sake we are a good team and it is only nine games into the season my word some people on this forum . just have a think and I bet as soon as we pick up out next win the doubters on here will start saying ..... We are back in the title race . we'll win the league we believe now . so try and believe
      Il Try
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2009 05:00:07 pm
      willowlfc you are right, because take a look at the last season scumchester have had 15 points (like us this season) after 9 games. And the first team at the table have had 23 points (Which was us). Today Manure is on top of the table and we have 15 points IMO things could change ;)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #13: Oct 19, 2009 05:06:13 pm
      It's unlikely but not impossible and winning the league from this position would be one hell of an ask, but I will wait for the end of January and see where we are then.

It don't make good reading 5 wins, 4 losses, This game coming up on Sunday will galvanize the players, they know they owe the fans and I'm confident they will deliver.

All season now we have been crying out for a quality midfeilder, with Aquilini we have a player of quality, now he must prove himself in England. Rafa will use Aquilini against Lyon, I think he will give him 15 or 30 mins at the end(although it could depend on how the game is going) probably eisier to put him in then than the MU game.

Having Aquilini here just may turn our season around, Rarly do Rafa get his big buy's wrong, this guy just may be the piece that's been missing this season, lets hope so...
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #14: Oct 19, 2009 05:09:07 pm

Who gave me a negative for this? Show yourself you fickle c**t and try putting up a constructive argument instead of just negging people.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #15: Oct 19, 2009 05:09:39 pm
      I don't think people on here writing off our chances are going mental, to be perfectly honest with the way the team is playing and the number of losses we've already suffered I think you'd be mental to believe that we're still in the title race. I think people can be overly positive on this site so I'd just like to sit back and be realistic for a second, its mid-October and already we're 7 points behind United. On top of that we're coming up against United at the weekend and with what we've seen lately we have no reason to be optimistic about our chances, apart from the fact that we know the lads will play with more passion and intensity because of the occasion.

Being positive is a good thing but people shouldn't be afraid to come out and just say what is becoming ever more obvious. Yes it is very early in the season but does that mean we can't call who'll be challenging come May based on performances? I'm not completely ready to throw in the towel just yet but if we lose to United this weekend there is absolutely no hope for this season and that's something I don't think anyone here could disagree with.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #16: Oct 19, 2009 05:11:17 pm
      Another topic saying the same thing - assess the squad in May.  Haven't we done for the last few years?

We all thought this year was the one after the way we played at the end of last season, but we are playing crap - with Torres and Gerrard or without them.  People talk about being 7 points off the lead but does anyone think we look like we're going to find form soon?  I certainly don't.

Plus, not only are we 7 points behind Manure, we are 6 behind Chavs, 4 behind Spurs, 3 behind Arse (who have a game in hand), 2 behind Citeh and Villa (game in hand for both) and a point behind F***ing Sunderland.  All of these teams are playing better than we are, so although I know they will all drop points, I am sure we will too and they already have an advantage over us.

We were rubbish against Spurs, unlucky against Villa and poor against Chelsea and Sunderland.  Only one of those teams is in our bracket of "big 4" and Sunderland are mid-table mediocrity at best.  We hammered Stoke, Burnley and Hull (hardly Leviathons of English football) but only scraped past WHam, Bolton, Debrecen and (2 divisions below us ) Leeds, as well as deservedly getting thumped by Fiorentina.

Although, obviously, the season isn't over, I cannot see any way this team can put together a string of results like we did last year - not when virtually the whole squad is playing so badly.

And saying Aquilani is coming back so that will be the whole difference is ridiculous - he hasn't kicked a ball for months, hasn't played in this league ever and now people expect him to be the great white hope?  ::)

Like I have said in other places on this forum, if we were playing well and unlucky to drop points I would be a lot more optimistic. Unfortunately, it's more a case of we have been lucky to get of the positive results we have.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #17: Oct 19, 2009 05:13:09 pm
      Who gave me a negative for this? Show yourself you fickle c**t and try putting up a constructive argument instead of just negging people.

You call people who disagree with you, "cockends" but expect everyone else to put together a constructive argument.  Try it yourself.

Wait for the tirade of abuse/negging.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #18: Oct 19, 2009 05:14:44 pm
      Equivalent time last year - 28th October 2008

1. Liverpool Pts 23
      2. Chelsea Pts 20
      3. Hull Pts 20
      4. Arsenal Pts 19
      5. Aston Villa Pts 17
      6. Man Utd Pts 15

Somebody want to remind me who won the league with a 4 point cushion?

ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #19: Oct 19, 2009 05:17:23 pm

1. Liverpool Pts 23
      2. Chelsea Pts 20
      3. Hull Pts 20
      4. Arsenal Pts 19
      5. Aston Villa Pts 17
      6. Man Utd Pts 15

That's a fair point JD but United had a far stronger squad than what we have now and also had experience of winning titles.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,204 posts | 3391 
      Reply #20: Oct 19, 2009 05:17:38 pm

It was me.

Now maybe you'd like to give a more constructive argument yourself.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 916 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 19, 2009 05:18:39 pm

1. Liverpool Pts 23
      2. Chelsea Pts 20
      3. Hull Pts 20
      4. Arsenal Pts 19
      5. Aston Villa Pts 17
      6. Man Utd Pts 15

thank you JD

so come on you non believers

our club is known for NEVER giving up

show your belief

in the stands , outside the ground , on this forum , or even in your arm chair

WE CAN DO THIS COME ON LIVERPOOL !!

YNWA

lets turn this into a belief thread because we CAN still do this its only late October come on Liverpool
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: Oct 19, 2009 05:18:59 pm
      Let's go F***ing mental! Na naahh.  No?

I have faith that things will eventually pick up, just depending on Aqualiani to be a hit, it's wrong to do that, but desperate measures and all that!

Quick Reply