Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

All New Stadium Tour of Anfield

Read 7474 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Oct 20, 2009 10:21:31 am

From Tuesday 27th October we are delighted to launch an all new tour of Anfield, the home of the most successful club in British Football.

Frequency of the new tours will be a dramatically increased, allowing more people to enjoy the new experience.

In addition to savouring never seen before areas within the stadium, guests can now enjoy more interaction and a more entertaining experience.

New areas on the route include the press room, allowing guests to get a sample of what it feels like to face the world's media & a view from the best seats in the house - the Directors Box, home on a match day to the many special guests & celebrities who have an affinity with Liverpool Football Club.

The new route for the tour includes:

-Arrival into Legends Lounge - a room steeped in the traditions of Liverpool FC

-Take your seat in The Directors Box - a breathtaking way to start your tour

-A visit to the Anfield Press Room adds a touch of interaction but as it's situated on the site of the old boot room you can expect a history or one of many stories about the iconic think tank of past eras

-The home team changing room allows those iconic photographs which are essential on any visit to Anfield

-The away team dressing room will acknowledge the great opposition players and teams who have graced Anfield over the years from home and abroad

-A walk past the famous 'This is Anfield' sign to the roar of the famous home crowd is spine tingling to any visitor, especially once you've found out more about its origins

-Once you go pitch side there are photo opportunities galore - especially when you spot one or 2 recognisable faces

-Your tour of Anfield finishes in the Kop End, one of the iconic structures in world football. Steeped in history & success this has been witness to many famous and    legendary matches. In crucial games the Kop has been known as the twelfth man with legend suggesting on occasion they have helped the ball over the line, such is the power of the Koppites roar!

-A tour of the stadium also includes a visit to the LFC Museum - a celebration of iconic players/managers & much silverware collected throughout Liverpool FC's glittering history (including the European Cup which is a permanent feature following our 5th success in Istanbul 2005).

Please ask a member of staff or keep your eyes on the website for information on photo opportunities with one of our trophies - a perfect way to conclude your visit.

A visit to Anfield is truly a memorable experience for all guests, including non football followers visiting to the region but curious to see what all the fuss is about.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/tour.htm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: All New Stadium Tour of Anfield
      Reply #1: Oct 20, 2009 10:31:41 am
      ROF, you're gonna love it mate.

I have one tip only for you.

Don't forget your camera  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #2: Oct 20, 2009 12:36:56 pm
      Good idea to allow access to sit in the director's box.

Will the club be providing complementary toilet roll for when you've finished your business?
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #3: Oct 20, 2009 12:41:55 pm
      The new route adds the Legends Lounge, the Director's Box and the Press Room.  Everything else was there when I took my boys at Xmas 2006.

It cost 9 quid each then - I wonder how much G&H have bumped up the price.  ::)

Just checked and it's gone up to 14 for adults.  An extra fiver for a sh*t in the Director's box?    :o
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #4: Oct 20, 2009 04:23:30 pm
      A tour of the away dressing room before the manure game? Hmm...maybe their floor needs some extra glossy varnish...
      kopfan09
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 20, 2009 10:47:31 pm
      Did the tour during the summer just gone. Paid 36pounds for myself the wife and three kids, the tour of the ground took less than an hour, the dug outs were out of bounds and the tour guide spent more time directing the ground staff and possibly some of the youths but really enjoyed it, the wife wasn't impressed. Anfield home of legends. :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009 04:10:45 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Tidied up your post. »
      kopfan09
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 20, 2009 10:49:39 pm
      P.S. going back to do the new tour soon .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Oct 21, 2009 02:01:29 am
      Bloody well can't wait to go and do this along with a game, need money!!!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #8: Oct 22, 2009 02:26:13 am
      One day, bigv.

Realistically I should wait until my son's a bit older to bring him over and do this, a match or two, etc... but daddy might have to take a four day vacation in the near future, if you know what I mean.   ;)

ROF you're going to have an amazing time. Can't wait to hear back and see those pictures.   :D
      gareth_lfc_belfast
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #9: Oct 22, 2009 01:31:15 pm
      no matter who sits in the directors box surely theyll be better than the yanks cause least we will have people who will wanna sit there for love of it and not the money
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2010 08:14:12 am
      If you get to go into the directors box , I wonder could you sneakly "scrape yanks go home on a table"
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #11: Mar 07, 2010 09:13:22 pm
      Going staduim tour on the 19th of March coming down to the Europa Cup cant wait last time i went the tour i was only 6

Quick Reply