Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Benitez bemoans injury woes

Read 5584 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Re: Benitez bemoans injury woes
      Reply #23: Oct 21, 2009 12:22:02 pm
      Listen - I didn't come back at the end of the season - when we won nothing did I?? 

So I have every right to be smug!

You are without doubt one of THE biggest shithouses I've seen on this forum.

You mention two players further up Crouch and Garcia, but both WANTED to leave, Garcia wanted to go back to Spain and Crouch considered his gobs***e country more important than the club he was at and was worried about a first-team place.

And before you mention Alonso, I bet the owners we'rent arsed that we sold him, all they saw were $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

This is without doubt one of the worst injury crisis's we've had under Rafa and the fact that Gerrard played last night was probably because Rafa wanted to placate some of the moaning fuckers we have as fans speaks volumes.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #24: Oct 21, 2009 12:27:54 pm
      You are without doubt one of THE biggest shithouses I've seen on this forum.

You mention two players further up Crouch and Garcia, but both WANTED to leave, Garcia wanted to go back to Spain and Crouch considered his gobs***e country more important than the club he was at and was worried about a first-team place.

And before you mention Alonso, I bet the owners we'rent arsed that we sold him, all they saw were $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

This is without doubt one of the worst injury crisis's we've had under Rafa and the fact that Gerrard played last night was probably because Rafa wanted to placate some of the moaning fuckers we have as fans speaks volumes.

No need to get so aggressive mate!

I've been a Liverpool fan for 31 years.  I do not like Rafa - end of story, that's just my opinion.

We all have a passion - I may be negative, but at least i'm not aggressive. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #25: Oct 21, 2009 12:33:13 pm

I've been a Liverpool fan for 31 years.  I do not like Rafa - end of story, that's just my opinion.

Yes I do!

Especially when it's from gloryhunters like you.

There was a saying I kept getting told by my grandparents when I was younger:

"You stick with your team through thick and thin." That includes the manager too.

And if you've been a Liverpool fan for 31 years - YOU should know better.

I'm 32 from Liverpool, I got my education from the old kop and old kopites, one thing we do is stick together and show solidarity.

And who said I was aggressive, I'm just calling it like I see it. You don't like Rafa

I don't like you - MY OPINION!!!
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #26: Oct 21, 2009 12:51:04 pm
      We are going into the biggest fight for the season. Which crucially might set the tone for the rest of the season.

TBH with you I rather we miss out playing our stars against the big teams, and ensure that we have our stars fully fit against the lower sides. That is when points are more easily won. Even if our deadly duo start against United on Sunday, no win is certain and even then it is going to be difficult to get anything out of the game (especially on our current form).

That being said though, I am hoping that the fact that we didn't start Gerrard and Torres up front at Anfield last season, and won, could be a good omen!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27: Oct 21, 2009 01:14:53 pm
      Back to the injury crisis: as far back as August when asked if we will win the league, I answered....
      If Rafa had been willing or able to strengthen the team; my answer would have, without doubt, been yes. I don't think he's done that so whilst my answer is still yes - we'll need luck......We'll need luck in lack of injuries to key players and luck that last seasons under - performers can finally step up - we all know who I'm talking about in both cases.

There were some *cough* (Reslivo  ;)), who doubted that but them's the chickens that have come home to roost. We've had injuries to key players, at key times, we've even had the fickle finger of fate intervene by way of a f**king Beach-Ball but equally; those players who were obviously punching above their weight haven't shown. All teams need a bit of luck - ours will come.

In my opinion, (although not far from it), all is not lost but even if it is, (for this season), we will regroup and come back stronger. I am not a glory-hunter, I'll still be here. If we have to miss out short term to grow, so be it. I love Liverpool F.C. and always will - irrespective of titles or kudos, I'll still be a Red.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28: Oct 21, 2009 02:10:28 pm

Your stance can only inspire aggression from anyone who has the clubs success at heart, you say you do not like the manager but surely that is the most negative point of view that any supporter can take, the man is well qualified to do the job he is doing and any blame for the teams performance lies squarely on the shoulders of the players who supposedly possess the talent to perform to a professional standard - did you not like Rafa before or after he won us the fifth European Cup?
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #29: Oct 21, 2009 02:17:04 pm
      The Champions League win was a one-off - Miracle, however you want to put-it.

I was 'over-the-moon' like all lfc fans when we won it - and greatful for Rafa for getting us to the final.  However, his tactics didn't win us that final...he didn't plan for us to go 0-3 down and then bring on Hamman and we turn it around and win on penalties.

May be I'm being unfair on him - but something bugs me with him - I HOPE I'M PROVED WRONG!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30: Oct 21, 2009 05:02:55 pm
      I have no doubt you will be proved wrong, on a minor point LFC do miracles as a matter of course.  ;)
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #31: Oct 21, 2009 08:03:56 pm
      The Champions League win was a one-off - Miracle, however you want to put-it.

I was 'over-the-moon' like all lfc fans when we won it - and greatful for Rafa for getting us to the final.  However, his tactics didn't win us that final...he didn't plan for us to go 0-3 down and then bring on Hamman and we turn it around and win on penalties.

May be I'm being unfair on him - but something bugs me with him - I HOPE I'M PROVED WRONG!

We reach the latter stages of the Champions league every year, how can you call us winning it a fluke..????

You are by far the most negative fan i've ever come across.. Even worse than the knee jerkers ffs..
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #32: Oct 21, 2009 08:15:01 pm
      As much as I like some of the shouts in this thread, I'd just like to remind you all.

:ontopic:

Thank you.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Oct 21, 2009 11:25:22 pm
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=687765&sec=england&cc=5739

Looks like Johnson should be back on Sunday, which is good news with Kelly injured.
      And possibly Torres, though not sure what shape he'll be in even if named to start.
      I'd start Babel instead of Ngog. Scored in the game last time round. Ngog is too lightweight.

Reina
      Johnson Agger Skyrtel Insua
      Benny Masch Lucas Aurelio
      Kuyt Babel

But Torres for Babel, if fit.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #34: Oct 21, 2009 11:35:38 pm
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=687765&sec=england&cc=5739

Looks like Johnson should be back on Sunday, which is good news with Kelly injured.
      And possibly Torres, though not sure what shape he'll be in even if named to start.
      I'd start Babel instead of Ngog. Scored in the game last time round. Ngog is too lightweight.

Reina
      Johnson Agger Skyrtel Insua
      Benny Masch Lucas Aurelio
      Kuyt Babel

But Torres for Babel, if fit.

Things can only get better as the man said and sure hell we gonna see an improvement!!!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 22, 2009 12:04:26 am
      Yes I do!

Especially when it's from gloryhunters like you.

There was a saying I kept getting told by my grandparents when I was younger:

"You stick with your team through thick and thin." That includes the manager too.

Its why Liverpool fans are the best. Togetherness and solidarity. Whilst i have reservations about Rafa and whether he should be there i would never let that stop me from cheering on the team vocally on a saturday!

Quick Reply