Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match. Liverpool v Lyon (20/10/09)

Pepe Reina
      (7.7%)
      Martin Kelly
      (70.9%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (21.4%)

Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!

Read 40062 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Lyon: Post match disbelief...again!
      Reply #322: Oct 21, 2009 06:14:46 am
      Disapointed very disapointed we have to win last three games to qualify.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #323: Oct 21, 2009 08:45:19 am
      Gutted beyond belief,i have left Bashing Lucas this season because i thought he deserved another chance but last night he was shocking.At one point i remember he actually blocked Yossi,im not saying he meant to do it but has he not got enough awareness so he can get out of the way?...
      Really worried about the season ahead now,we would do really well to get to the first knock out stage.Uefa cup now seems more realistic!.We need to win our remaining games in the group and yes we have done it before but personally im less optimistic than previous seasons.
      Just on a brighter note Martin Kelly was awsome,that game will do his confidence the world of good.And he was the only one to try to get a leg out to stop the first of their goal,he got injured because of it but every credit.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #324: Oct 21, 2009 09:21:07 am
      We were not good enough and Lyon were well worthy of their win. Other than 15 minutes at the end of the 1st half we had nothing at all.

Forget Europe we are clearly not good enough this year.

The difference between us and Lyon was clear. Pace, movement and a willingness to attack and try to win and its not often teams are better than us at all of them.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #325: Oct 21, 2009 09:24:29 am
      Just not good enough, the only positive note as mentioned, the performance of Kelly. Do not know where the team goes from here. Losing seems to be becoming a bad habit four on the trot to date with the Mancs on the horizon. Feel we should have held on after Benayoun's opening goal. Team urgently needs a couple of wins from somewhere.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #326: Oct 21, 2009 09:35:42 am
      I cringed hearing that booing at the final whistle. The funny thing is, once all the day tripper knee jerking cu*ts evacuated the ground, there was

proper Kopites singing in full voice 'WE LOVE YOU LIVERPOOL, WE DO!!'

I f**king love this club with all my heart. It breaks my heart to see us lose. But it rips my heart apart when we are going through bad times and some knob head so called fans boo at the final whistle. It's an insult to all the fans who have followed us through even worse times. And there's definitely been far worse times than this in the history of LFC. And there's a good few proper reds on here who'll back me up on this.

We were all furious, pissed off and frustrated at the end of the game. But if you're in Anfield. You save it for the way home or the pub afterwards.

Some people don't know how lucky they are. You can go on about players' wages. But I'd easily replace some of the tw*ts who have the fortune to get into Anfield at the expense of a real supporter.

BEST post so far imo.Nice one Kenny.Its always good to get to the posts of those that actually attended the game,cos its pretty obvious MOST of the S***e posted so far are from alot of tossers that watched what I call "the small picture" ie TV.Ok the performance may have been below par however lets not forget that Lyon were and are top of the group (they're no mugs)They also lead they're league AND have a great history.True to form the same tossers will be looking to apportion the blame ie Lucas and even Vronin (who had 8 mins)Am I the first to say at times I thought Lucas got stuck right in at times last night albeit going missing at times.But then we cannot let him (Lucas ) shoulder the blame.Finally as some players follow our forum lets show them that we are not fickle t**ts but the BEST supporters through thick and thin.    

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #327: Oct 21, 2009 09:39:13 am

BEST post so far imo.Nice one Kenny.Its always good to get to the posts of those that actually attended the game,cos its pretty obvious MOST of the S***e posted so far are from alot of tossers that watched what I call "the small picture" ie TV.Ok the performance may have been below par however lets not forget that Lyon were and are top of the group (they're no mugs)They also lead they're league AND have a great history.True to form the same tossers will be looking to apportion the blame ie Lucas and even Vronin (who had 8 mins)Am I the first to say at times I thought Lucas got stuck right in at times last night albeit going missing at times.But then we cannot let him (Lucas ) shoulder the blame.Finally as some players follow our forum lets show them that we are not fickle t**ts but the BEST supporters through thick and thin.     

Just a quick note from a tosser that watched it on tv and didnt attend the REAL game - dont be an arse and tar us all with the same brush.

So your not allowed to have an opinion if you were not at the game then.

Grow up.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #328: Oct 21, 2009 09:49:56 am
       I am sad and disappointed with the Lyon result and our results of late,but at the end of the day Liverpool Football Club is a club I have supported for over 60 years and I will continue to support them come what may.If ever RAFA and the players needed our support it is now as I am sure they feel just as bad about the results as we all do.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #329: Oct 21, 2009 09:55:12 am
      I am sad and disappointed with the Lyon result and our results of late,but at the end of the day Liverpool Football Club is a club I have supported for over 60 years and I will continue to support them come what may.If ever RAFA and the players needed our support it is now as I am sure they feel just as bad about the results as we all do.

Well said Billy.

They have it as well but there will always be a few that demand instant change & success at all levels, supporters with the team, managers with players and chairmen with managers.

Way of life unfortunately.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #330: Oct 21, 2009 10:15:36 am
      Never heard the boos, as PC has no sound. Dreadful, these are the same players they laudied last year. Gloryhunters boo when things go wrong. Never had and never would Boo a Liverpool player, very disapointing.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #331: Oct 21, 2009 10:40:42 am

Don't think so, think it was more the abuse Rafa was getting and the boo's at the end too.

Breaks my heart that some people can't see how much Rafa and Montse love OUR city AND club!

Reading your earlier posts about Montse and now this, has really upset me too.  That's really F***ing annoying actually.  He will leave at this rate.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #332: Oct 21, 2009 10:47:47 am

Don't think so, think it was more the abuse Rafa was getting and the boo's at the end too.

Breaks my heart that some people can't see how much Rafa and Montse love OUR city AND club!

He may well love Liverpool FC - but if he doesn't bring success then what good is his LOVE!

Sentiments aside - we have looked shocking so far and our season already looks like being a failure - this early!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #333: Oct 21, 2009 10:51:46 am
      My fury and anger is firmly pointed at the 2 yanks who have tied Rafas hands behind his back.We are in crisis no matter what people think.To have David Ngog who cant even hold the ball up and lay it off (St Johns words not mine)to someone at centre forward in a CL game because thats all we have then we are in trouble.Rafa has bought WHO WE COULD AFFORD TO BUY not who we need and thats down to the Yanks.Its clear he has wanted Silva and Villa for some time now but we got Voronin and Babel.I know Rafa has made mistakes but tonight showed me just how weak our squad is.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #334: Oct 21, 2009 11:00:52 am
      4 losses in a row. Something is very wrong. It better not be a morale issue because come next match, there is a possibility that morale is crushed once they concede the first goal.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #335: Oct 21, 2009 11:35:58 am
      Rafa has to go, he bought lucas, n gog and co, no excuses!!! out to f**k, bout time too, were bad to watch under him, shocking in fact
      Bet you wern't saying that after our finish last season !
      We all want one thing, the LEAGUE so I can tell all my manc scum bags of mates to go to f**k finally, ive being waiting 18 bloody years as a fan!!!!
      The title is indeed what WE want but not so we can tell the scumbags (because they'll already know) because we can tell the WORLD that 'we' L.F.C are back on top !
      oh, and by the way the rest of us Liverpool fans have been waiting 19yrs  (not 18)and it will be 20 by the time we win it !
      hope we get beat on sunday - only way to get rid of these pricks im afraid
      YOU cannot say you're a fan let alone MORE  of a fan than the likes of Doddzy89 whom you had a go at when you wish your team to lose not 1 match but 2 !
      They're ARE more ways of getting rid of the pricks as you say, try delving into your pockets and buying shares than wishing the downfall of your beloved team !
      Think we lost 3-4 games & still won the league in the 50 or 60s might be 70s dont know if am right.
      Our last title winning season saw us lose 5 games, yes 5 ! so keep the faith lads and lasses ! :scarf:

GerryMac another forum member commented that it was back in '87 the last time we lost 4 on the bounce but it was actually 1993
      we lost to Coventry 0-1,Blackburn 0-1,Everton 0-2 and Chelsea 0-1 and they were all in the league as well !
      Apologies to  GerryMac I missed the League Cup win over Fulham Between the last two losses  :-[

And finally I have to agree with 7KK7 that there are far to many 'newish' posters coming on the site when we're losing or not doing as well as we should be, where the f**k are they when were winning !  :f_steam:
      The team and management want backing to the hilt not pulling apart and disecting every time we lose !
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009 01:15:58 pm by frizzby5 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #336: Oct 21, 2009 11:48:41 am
      Some 14 hours later and I'm still devastated. Felt like my heart was ripped out when they scored their second goal.

Why does this sh*t always happen to us? Some cu*ts got a voodoo doll out there with a Liverpool jumper on it. Let's find the f**ker and kill him.

What a sh*t, sh*t day.

Sunday can't come quick enough but can it  ?????

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #337: Oct 21, 2009 12:01:35 pm
      Sunday can't come quick enough but can it  ?????

It'll have to Aussie.

Rafa and the lads are going to have to come up with something very special, and it's hard to see where it might come from after last night's game and the recent losses.

We need to stop the rot, a victory on Sunday against United would restore the confidence and belief that is so desperately missing from the players right now. We could see it in the last 20 minutes of the game clearer than ever, they were lost, and had given up chasing victory and settled for a draw.

That's not the Liverpool we know and love, if I were Rafa I'd make them watch the replay a few times of how they just didn't look arsed, it was shameful.

Onwards and upwards - this team beat United twice last season and can do it again. We have to find the mental strength.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #338: Oct 21, 2009 12:03:49 pm
      Just not good enough, the only positive note as mentioned, the performance of Kelly. Do not know where the team goes from here. Losing seems to be becoming a bad habit four on the trot to date with the Mancs on the horizon. Feel we should have held on after Benayoun's opening goal. Team urgently needs a couple of wins from somewhere.
      Kelly I understand is a centre back so even more congrats to him playing at fullback. He has shown just to attitude them team needs now just get stuck in and do your best.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #339: Oct 21, 2009 12:04:33 pm
      He may well love Liverpool FC - but if he doesn't bring success then what good is his LOVE!

Sentiments aside - we have looked shocking so far and our season already looks like being a failure - this early!

One thing I hate is a part-time, gloryhunting c**t! That is is what you are in my opinion.

How can he bring success, when he has both arms tied behind his back.

As soon as we got a couple of injuries, like what has happened this week and last night, it becomes clear how thread-bare our squad is.

Who's fault is that? Certainly not Rafa's

YANK cu*ts OUT! NOW!!!!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #340: Oct 21, 2009 12:05:44 pm
      Some 14 hours later and I'm still devastated. Felt like my heart was ripped out when they scored their second goal.

Why does this sh*t always happen to us? Some cu*ts got a voodoo doll out there with a Liverpool jumper on it. Let's find the f**ker and kill him.

What a sh*t, sh*t day.

Sunday can't come quick enough but can it  ?????

My thoughts exactly !
      Mr L.Garcia
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #341: Oct 21, 2009 12:15:23 pm
      I thought we should have got at least a point from last night but there is nothing we can do to change that now than move on to the next game. There was positives though I was very impressed with Martin's performance (well done lad) and I thouht Fabio had a good game aswell. I felt sorry for Pepe and the equaliser great double save but just wouldn't fall kindly.

Right now for the bad, Ngog too scared in front of goal like a rabbbit caught in headlights. The midfield was too quiet in the second half and I don't know what Rafa said at half time but start it as you finished the first would have been good.

I'm still behind the team 100% but not exactly jumping with joy.  :(

IRWT
      Mr L.Garcia
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #342: Oct 21, 2009 12:19:09 pm
      Oh and I know we will get into the knockout stages, we always seem to leave it late.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #343: Oct 21, 2009 12:22:33 pm
      Just thinking back over the match again.

Small details again isn't it.

If, and that's a big if, Aurelio had put that header away it would've probably been 3 points.

Strange how things happen in football.

Obviously still gutted about the result but starting to feel better about things now.

Just looking on to our next game on Sunday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #344: Oct 21, 2009 12:25:48 pm
      Just thinking back over the match again.

Small details again isn't it.

If, and that's a big if, Aurelio had put that header away it would've probably been 3 points.

Strange how things happen in football.

Obviously still gutted about the result but starting to feel better about things now.

Just looking on to our next game on Sunday.

That could of been the confidence-booster that we needed.

Good save from their keeper though!

Quick Reply